The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls dilemma... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I posted in another thread that I had purchased a set of Copper Morrissey Combo Cups a few days ago. Well, The first time I tried to use them the Chopped cup fell apart. I don't want to give away any secrets or anything but those of you who own a chopped cup will probably know what I'm talking about...

The quality of the cups are well, pretty "sub-standard" in my opinion. That may sound harsh but when I buy something and it falls apart the first time I try to use it I tend to get a bit "snippy" about it. I "thought" I was getting a fairly decent set of cups for a fairly decent price. Well, I got what I paid for I guess...

Anyway, I've heard all kinds of great things about RNT2 cups and I have been browsing their website. I know their cups are of the highest quality but at this time my budget says "keep dreaming", until now that is...

I saw a link in yet another thread that showed they had a set of Aluminum Monti Cups at a price that my budget said "go for it". So I did. I ordered a set this evening. Here's the link if anyone is interested. I emailed them and they said they only had a few sets left...

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=319

I'll be "upgrading" my cups in the future but its good to know that I can get a quality product from a good company even on my present budget...

One other thing, I also bought a Morrissey Mini Copper Chop Cup and I like it a lot. It is well made and works flawlessly. I wish their other cups were as good. But I decided that I'd rather do the Cups and Balls and a Chop Cup routine seperatly anyway so things turned out pretty well in the end. I learned a valuable lesson and ended up with a great set of cups. I'll post a review as soon as I get them...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Did you telephone Morrissey about it? I'll bet you didn't. Give them a call and tell them what happened.

Before you post a review of the RnT 2 Cups, check the Review forum and see if one has already been posted. Check to see if there is a review for their EOL cups as well.

Be sure to let all of us know what level of experience you have comparing cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
You're right, I didn't call Morrissey about it. After re-reading my post I admit that it was pretty harsh and was not a fair asessment of their cups. I apologize to all...

I am not an expert at comparing cups but in the past I've had the chance to handle and use some very high quality cups and it was really nice. I could never really afford to buy any of them but a least I got the chance to see how they "felt" first hand. I've also used and handled some pretty "bad" cups as well. At least I've had the chance to see and handle a few sets of both good and bad cups but I admit this in no way qualifies me as an expert at comparing cups...

Given my limited knowledge of cups, the Copper Morrisseys aren't the worst cups I have ever handled. From what I've read here on the Café Morrissey cups aren't the best but they aren't the worst either. They are fairly good "middle of the road" cups. As a matter of fact when I "cleaned up" the chop cup it makes for a pretty decent set of "regular" cups. They are a bit taller then I would like but I am going to keep them anyway...

I did try to find a review of the RNT2 Aluminum Monti cups I ordered but I couldn't find one. The only thing I found was a post from Mad Jake saying that when all the sets were sold there would be no more available. If you know of any reviews of these cups please let me know. I'm just happy that I found what seems to be a good quality set of cups and balls at a price I can afford at this time...

I'll be sure to let everyone know my level of expertise the next time I make a post...
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
Mysto59

Your story is familiar to me. That's how I ended up with my set of regular Morrissey copper cups. They began life as a combo set and served me well through many years of use. But one day the chopped cup just fell apart. So I cleaned it up and kept a regular set. I'm thinking of putting the gimmick into a dice cup I have laying around here somewhere.

Cheers!
Learn something new everyday.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Mysto:

check the cups and balls museum.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Bill, I was loking at the cups and balls museum and saw what I think are my old set of cups. The Ravel Super Cups and box looks just like the set I used to have. If I looked hard enough I may have them packed away in a box somewhere as I keep finding quite a lot of my old magic stuff when I really look for it...

I do remember the box and it looks exactly like what you have pictured in the museum and it says super cups and balls on it. I bought the set years ago from Fabjance Studios in Bethalto Il...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There were three sets of cups that were quite similar. The Ravel Super Cups, The Goshman Professional Cup and the Ickle Pickle rounded top cup. The Goshman and Ravel products were identical, except for the boxes. The Ickle Pickle cup was a tiny bit different.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Who made the Goshman cups, Bill?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
You guys have me worried now. I never thought about the chop cup in my combo set just falling apart. No problems yet but I haven't used it a lot.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 09:32, LCBellah wrote:
You guys have me worried now. I never thought about the chop cup in my combo set just falling apart.

If it happens, you might want to post in the following thread!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&48

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
LOL Good one Smile
Learn something new everyday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls dilemma... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL