The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Funarama, July 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Oh, just a quick point, for those that attended Funarama and also go to Metro Magic, I should point out my lectures for these events are DIFFERENT, so you can continue to fill your head with Paul Hallas stuff.

After Funarama I still need to find time to absorb some of the Ken Knott stuff. I'm registered for Funarama 2008 and Marty told me over 50 people already have gold pass registrations. I don't recall ever going to a magic convention where so many 'goodies' are stuffed in your registration package on arrival. As for door prizes, they seem endless, my wife is still smiling about her $25 Barnes and Noble gift voucher. Thanks again Marty for such a fun convention.

Paul.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Well, after 3 days of rest I feel awake enough to write a little. This has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Everyone is just super nice and there are not any "cliques". If you have not gone before, you should. I want to thank all the people who shared with special thanks to, 1) Martini, man you put on a great convention and (I don't think this is a secret) I value your friendship and thank you for all your guidence over the years. 2) Joe Mogar, I paid for a set of knives and got them and a 40 minute privet show on thimbles and knives. Joe I will try and do your knives proud and learn a routine worthy of such a fine product.3) Maurice "Ratty" Roberts, Thanks to you and your wife for inviting me and mine to England, it is people like you that remind me when I start to hate this business, the reasons I Love this business. There are many more who are on the list but as I don't like long posts...Paul Hallas,Harry Murphy, Scott Correll and Donna, and as always Bob "wild man wild" Little.

Looking forward to next year and many more.

NUMS
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Was that really you posting Nums or was it Scott Correll? Lol.

For those that weren't there, Nums did a nifty Scott impersonation at the convention which included wearing the same pink suit and dying his hair... Smile

Paul
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 17:39, Paul wrote:
Was that really you posting Nums or was it Scott Correll? Lol.

For those that weren't there, Nums did a nifty Scott impersonation at the convention which included wearing the same pink suit and dying his hair... Smile

Paul

Paul, it is me NUMS...Martini asked me to do something next year, will you shave me so I can do the soon to be famous Paul Hallas impersonation? Just pokin fun...lets get together and have a pint....

NUMS
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
You could do the Eddy Ray impression and say that you got up at 4 am LOL. I agree this is always a fun convention and everyone is like family. I echo much of what was already said. If you have yet to attend Funarama I highly suggest registering for next year as the line up is always incredible.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
If I shave Nums head at 4.a.m. I think we're all covered Eddy Smile

There was a very embarrasing picture taken of me late at night but they made the mistake of using my own camera......Thanks Maurice....

A very jokey convention.

Paul.

Click here to view attached image.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
By the way, the attached picture attached above is NOT the embarrassing picture, it's young magicians John and Joey,who had me surrounded. They are convention regulars and all around nice guys (as far as I know) Smile

Paul.
Ratty Roberts
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Ratty Roberts
Hello everyone, My first post! Thanks to all that attended the convention, and shared a lot of info with me. To all those that weren't there, you missed an alful lot of good stuff. How does Marty get to offer an $85 reg. Fee , and then give you back over $150 in Goodies, DVD's free?? food etc?? I can on only wish we had him here in UK. For anyone looking at this, I will be in VEGAS 11th 12th, so if any local magicians want to contact me so we can meet up, or if anyone can email a contact name???

To all those that bought the notes, KMART are selling the Spiderman Plice Stopper Cards, that will make the Force deck mentioned. If you cannot remeber how it's done contact me!

Maurice
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
HI Maurice, great to see you at the Convention and on the Magic Café. I enjoyed talking to you and your lecture was full of creative magic as always.
Talk to you soon!
Eddy
thejohn171
View Profile
New user
Elsewhere
34 Posts

Profile of thejohn171
Paul...unfortunatly the embarrasing photo of which you speak..has appeared on several other cameras...joe and I each have one...DUN DUN DUN...haha..Thats what happens when joe takes my camera
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Oh xxxx!
Be careful what you do with those, I can bide my time for the payback.... Smile
Paul.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
WE WANT PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES......EVERYONE NOW...WE WANT PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES

nums
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I forgot to mention one of the best lectures at the 2007 "FUNARAMA", no it was not mine but but Maurice "ratty" Roberts. It is refreshing to see somone from across the pond show what works for the children there. With no offence to Paul, I was intriqued by this wonderful childrens performer. With many funny lines and inovative material "ratty" is the big cheese IMHO. If you get a chance to see him lecture...DO IT. I would also like to thank him for the wonderful "MOOSE" line which I have stolen, with his permission. Maurice, you are not only a supurb performer and lectuerer but a fine person as well and my spare room is open to you if you are in the area.

NUMS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Funarama, July 2007 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL