The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » "Your" Cup Collection (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12..19..26..33..40~41~42 [Next]
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Host it somewhere on a website and link to it using an [img] BB code. Let me know if you need help.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I know none of us can begin to compare with Bill's 800+ collection, but I thought I'd post something close. We just finished an interview with him about the cups.

http://www.reelsinmotion.tv/magiclantern014

Anyone who wants to listen to it is more than welcome. Come to think of it, feel free to listen to the show while browsing the beautiful collections posted in this thread!

Thanks again, Bill, for your time and sharing your insights. Thanks also, to everyone who is posting there personal collections. They are beautiful!

Scott
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Fantastic interview. Bill, your voice is strangely how I imagined it. Smile

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-07-13 02:51, Pete Biro wrote:
HOw does one load a photo?

You reveal a ball under one of the cups and use the misdirection to load the photo. Smile

Quote:
On 2007-07-14 01:00, ScottRSullivan wrote:
I know none of us can begin to compare with Bill's 800+ collection, but I thought I'd post something close. We just finished an interview with him about the cups.

http://www.reelsinmotion.tv/magiclantern014

Anyone who wants to listen to it is more than welcome. Come to think of it, feel free to listen to the show while browsing the beautiful collections posted in this thread!

Thanks again, Bill, for your time and sharing your insights. Thanks also, to everyone who is posting there personal collections. They are beautiful!

Scott

I appreciate the opportunity to discuss the cups and balls as well as collecting cups in a podcast. I hope I can actually meet Pepka and Scott at Magic LIVE this summer.

I had a chance to look at the article that will be in the August issue of MUM. Dick Hatch did a really great job of representing me and the collection. Most of the photos were done by John Star, who recently moved to Houston from London.

For those of you who have not read the mission statement in the cups and balls museum, I urge you to do so. It will explain a lot about the museum and why I collect cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Quote:
On 2007-07-12 18:41, Frank Starsini wrote:
I did but I sold them all. someone talked me into selling my OWN set.
Now I have to wait again for them myself.

Well, I called the very next set you get in stock a long time ago Frank!!!

...so, just get in line with the rest of the others Mr. Starsini, cuz I'M next.

:) Smile Smile
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
This whole discussion reminds me of a time when my now ex-wife was planning a party for the kids. Well she was bi...er griping about the cost of treats. Well when she said "do you know that they are charging 25 cents each for nut cups!"

That's when I told her "you might get then for free, call the school athletic department."

That woman had no sense of humour.

True story
Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
I just listened to Bill's interview. Hugely entertaining and enlightening. It is must listening for all C@B fans. Bill, you really are a treasure. Thank you!

Fortasse

Posted: Jul 14, 2007 10:38am
That should have read C&B.

Fortasse
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
456 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Scott, Dave, and Bill -

A very enjoyable and interesting interview. Thank you all for sharing.

Bill
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I forgot to add the picture in my last post! It isn't much, but here are a few cups on my shelf. My favorites are the front: (from left) Miller, Sisti, Sherwood. (The Sherwood and Sisti cups are normally in my closeup case, not on the shelf.)

Scott

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Paddy:

Some people just have no sense of humor. Have you ever priced a set of sterling silver, engraved nut cups? I think Bike may be making them soon. Smile

Fortasse:

Thanks for your kind words.

Bill Wells:

Thanks for visiting and listening. BTW, I remember seeing you perform at the IBM convention in Little Rock during the 1970's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Here's my small accumulation - too random and directionless to be called a collection.

Totally driven by what appeals to me or that I find cheap! (The silver plated PF cups came from Danny Dew when the earth was still warm and I was young = $25 I believe - sigh!)

I tried to send pictures of my chop cup stuff and wands, but I'm apparently not catching on to the BB code.

sam

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's a nice assortment of cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Bill - that was a great interview. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to that.
Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I enjoyed your interview too, Bill. Very enlightening.

Quote:
On 2007-07-14 21:24, stevenamills wrote:
Here's my small accumulation - too random and directionless to be called a collection.

Totally driven by what appeals to me or that I find cheap! (The silver plated PF cups came from Danny Dew when the earth was still warm and I was young = $25 I believe - sigh!)

I tried to send pictures of my chop cup stuff and wands, but I'm apparently not catching on to the BB code.

sam

Congratulations for the impressive collection, Sam.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I hope this works. The photo isn't that clear - maybe I could do with some lessons from Pete. Anyway, here's part of the collection...

Here
and a slightly different view here

There are a few sets missing, and the photo doesn't include my Chop cups, but there are some interesting sets there for you to spot.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Wow richard. That is a stunning collection. I am IN LOVE with those milky-green indian cups near the front. Thank you so much for posting your collection!

-Todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Wow! Richard, you really have a lot of cups there and this does not even include the Chop cups.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Thanks both.

I've just noticed that one Chop cup snuck in there - it's that massive van Dokkum Chicken Chop cup on the far left.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Seeing all of these beautiful cups reminds of something an old coin dealer told me years ago - "the oportunity to buy a coin is frequently rarer than the coin". (Why didn't I remember that when the smooth silver Sherwoods were available?)

Assuming Dave V's advise works (thanks, Dave), here's my chop cups:

and here are the wands I can't spin (except the Mercury, which I can't find):

sam
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'm glad you persisted. Nice pics!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » "Your" Cup Collection (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12..19..26..33..40~41~42 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL