The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » "Your" Cup Collection (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..16..22..28..34..40~41~42 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Those turned out very nice!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Quote:
On 2007-09-23 18:32, Richard Evans wrote:
Nce cups, Bryan! What are the copper cups on the left?

Richard

I think they are Jes Squatty 2's....

Shawn.
Shawn.
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Look like Gary Animal cups to me but will wait to hear what Bryan says...or Bill who will know for sure. Nice start to your collection, Bryan...and BTW congratulations on your woodwork too.

Fortasse
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
James- Thiose cups turned out beautiful!!!

For the rest- They are JES Squatty 2's from RNT2... beautiful cups I must add! These are my working cups (well, my only "real" set for that matter...)

It goes as follows (from left to right):
JES Squatty 2's
Wolf's Elegant Chop Cup
Table Hopping Cups (very cheap but fun to play with (I'm not sure of the maker)
Mark Jenest's Jiggernaut
and Morrisey Cups I use for a two-cup routine

Like I said, I'll have to Don Alan Chop Cup and a set of PF Cups soon... I'll update these pics when that time comes...

Thanks for the kind words!

-Bryan

p.s.- I've already started cutting out the next display case...This time, it will have a small drawer in the bottom for all the final loads (Fab Fruits, Mini-Champagne bottle for Wolf's routine, Surprise loads, etc...) I will put a glass door on it and a special area to display the wands as well... I'll upload pics when it is finished...
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2007-09-23 18:21, James Kernen wrote:
So.... I sent Jake an extra set of Johnson (brass) cups, after all this.... He told me that he did a set already and it turned out great.... Well, I just received my Johnson cups back in Antique Bronze (chop cup to follow soon), and my response to Jake was that this was a great finish and that now I need to find an extra set of Sherwood brass cups to get done this way.... ... I will take pictures and post soon.... I love the AB'd Johnsons.... I am dying to get a set of my Johnson coppers AB'd but I can't bring myself to that..... Thanks, Jake. See what you have done..... Smile

James

Here is a link to my newly refinished cups... sorry about the flashpoints...
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa132/sp1d/AB%20Johnsons

James
[/quote]

James, PM about Antique Bronzed Copper Johnsons Smile Might have a set with matching chop cup laying around here somewhere Smile

Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Wouldn't the AB'd coppers look identical to the AB'd brass JP cups? How much of the metal hows through the AB coating? I was under the assumption that the AB coating was more like a paint covering the surface of the metal.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
There are 2 antiquing process' that we use at the plater one is church bronze, which would be what you see on the brass and one for red bronze, which relates to the copper. The process is mearly highlights, so a fair amount of the natural metal is revealed when we cut through the antique plating after applying it, the cups are then powder coated on the inside and afterwards color buffed then clear coated.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Thanks for the explanation jake. I might have to get this done to my JPs someday as it looks stunning.

-Todd
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Bryan & Shawn - thanks for pointing out the JES Squatty 2's. I got the scale all wrong and thought they were jumbo cups for a second. Smile

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Since I started this thread and we all love photos, I thought I would update my photos with some new additions to the family.

Back:MM Mega Coppers, Funtime Inc. Cups, Copper Irelands, Morrissey Combo
Middle: JP Brass, JES Squatty 2, PF Cups, Phoenix Cups
Front: Bazar De Magia, 3 Ring Ickle Pickle Aluminum

Size Comparison

About half of the library on cups. Always something new to learn!

The Ball Drawer I am sure we all have.

I look forward to more pictures from some of the other collections out there.

-todd
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Great collection, Todd. And I can also see that when you line the cups in a row, the shoulder beads comparison is very obvious.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Nice cups, Todd! The new Funtime Inc design is interesting, isn't it? Nice to see somone doing something new with a set of cups.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Is Funtime Magic a company from India? How many companies/manufacturers are there in India?
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Hi Rich, yeah the Funtime cups are interesting. I really like the design of them. I wish they were available in a higher quality version.

-todd
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Nice cups, Todd. Your collection is growing nicely.

Richard, I agree with what you say about the Funtime cups. I just added a set to my collection as well. I like the design but Todd is right, isn't he, that the workmanship leaves much to be desired.

James : yes, Funtime is out of Calcutta.

The cups are aluminum plated with copper...very light (about 2 oounces per cup, I reckon).

I don't know whether anyone else had the same experience but when I unpacked the Funtime cups, I had to wash them out several times to get rid of a very strong chemical odour.

Fortasse
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
I washed mine several times and they still smell toxic! Makes me not touch them much.

-todd

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 11:11pm
If the funtime cups were sightly thicker I would consider asking jake to strip, replate them, close the rim and maybe even AB them. I like the design that much. They are just so thin!

-todd
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Maybe if funtime sells a lot more of them, they will consider making them in copper.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Here's my meager collection

I guess I have nine sets of cups and two chop cup sets giving me a total of eleven which according to a previous thread constitutes a collection.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Nice cups, Payne - you're obviously a fan of the traditional style. Great wand hidden next to those Charlie Miller cups - who made that one?

Anyone know what's under the copper plating on those Funtime cups? Aluminium?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-09-27 14:11, Richard Evans wrote:
Nice cups, Payne - you're obviously a fan of the traditional style. Great wand hidden next to those Charlie Miller cups - who made that one?

Thanks. Performing mainly at Mediaeval and Renaissance fairs means I hhave to use the traditional style of cup instead of the modern Paul Fox style. The wand I think you're you're reffering to was made by Mel Babcock.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » "Your" Cup Collection (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..16..22..28..34..40~41~42 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL