The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » "Your" Cup Collection (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..40~41~42 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Very nice!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Wow, Bruce, collection is looking great! Good job!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Quote:
On 2009-10-27 22:04, Bill Palmer wrote:
They don't appear to be very concave at all.

On second look, you are correct...flat.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 7:45pm
Great set of cups, BCS!
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Very nice cups, Bruce.

What's the finish on those Princess 2 cups on the left of the main photo? It's a nice smooth finish - is it Antique Bronze, Darkness Falls...or some other?

Best,

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Bruce, nice cups, and the collection is growing. Keep it up.
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Nice cups, Bruce.
Fortasse
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Thanks, guys. I really do enjoy each and every one of those Cups, sharing my photos and seeing all of your collections. I have been very lucky acquiring what I have; thanks to all that have helped me get to where my collection is today.

The Cups that I use the most are still the Squatty 2, PF and copper Monti. As to Chop Cups, I use the copper Strolling Cup, Little Don and Eric Hansen Cups the most. As you can see, some Cups I keep polished, others I let turn... It’s a Cup thing (they tell me what they want).

Yes, Richard, those are RNT2 P2 Cups, and the finish is their Darkness Falls treatment.

Thanks,
Bruce
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Not being a collector, I try to keep only what I will use regularly.
I've officially reduced.

My "collection" now consists of 2 sets of Sherwood Copper Smooths. One set in my case and one set in my office to practice with.

I also have my old set of dinged up Johnson cups w/ chop cup somewhere just in case I ever decide a combo routine is worth pursuing.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Frank… I have enjoyed looking at your Cup photos from the past. One day, I hope to get a set of the Sherwood Engraved Cups. I would let them get a patina, and then partially polish them so the engraved parts remain dark.

Bruce
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Hey Guys,

Here are my new additions.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1611.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1612.jpg (Chromed PF, Mad Jake Combos)

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1616.jpg (Classic Chop, Hawaiian Koa Wood little Don, Ebony Wood little Don, Antique Bronzed little Don, Black Chrome Little Don)

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1615.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1626.jpg (Some Monkey fist balls I made.)

Jeremy
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Very nice!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Very nice collection, Jeremy, and they have grown.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Jeremy... Great Cups, I like the Chrome PF and the Darkness Falls Don.

Bruce
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Nice stuff, Jeremy. I love the Mad Jake combo set.

Nice monkey fists, too. Congratulations on your skill.
"But there isn't a door"
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Nice additions, Jeremy. So, you were one of the ones that picked up a Mad Jake set!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Thanks, Guys. Spatlind, yes, I have #2, and they are awesome.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I feel out of place reading through this thread. I don't know what half of the cups are that you guys have in your collections. I have a "non-brand" combo set that was made in India (they have absolutely no weight to them, and I've had them out of the box only twice) and a few coffee cups. As for chop cups, I have a mini-Pringles can and a couple cans of French's Potato Sticks. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Michael... Just the same, that is a collection and I would like to see photos of them. I have not been able to find the small Pringles cans, but I will look for the French's Potato Sticks cans. I am sure that I have seen them at the grocer’s before and did not make the connection.

Thanks,
Bruce
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Firstly, what an amazing thread this turned out to be. Thanks, Todd. I thought it was about time I posted here, and I had the house to myself today so I took some pics.

I can't work out how to post pictures in between the text, so I will have to post the pic here and descriptions below.

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 10:52am
Cups and Balls

Top Shelf L-R: Vintage Ickle Pickle Brass Mini Cups, Unknown (possibly found?) Cups (these have hole drilled a fraction below the saddle, possibly for thread or some gimmick?), Vintage Burtini Cups (Sold by Ken Brooke), Uday Aluminium Combo's, Bazar De Magia, Morrissey Cups (my first ever "real" set, these are at least 20 years old.), Original Monti (with magipoxy), Riser Mini's, Black Beauties Cup.

Middle Shelf L-R: Harry Stanley (chrome over aluminium), Stainless Monti's, Foxy 2.5's, Sterling Silver Princess, Sherwood Copper Smooths With Matching Chop Cup, Sherwood Brass Smooths, Original Sisti's, JES Squattie 1's, Rare RNT2 Paul Fox (Limited edition number 1 of 2. Mirror finished and clear coated inside and out.)

Bottom Shelf L-R: Animal Love Cups, Mendoza Combo's, Paul Sharkey Jumbo Cups, Keith Bennett Cups, Early Burtini Traditionals, Unknown Combo Set, Ken Brooke Heavy Copper Cups, Supreme Dumpy Cups, Phoenix Cups.

Chop Cups

Back Row L-R: Shamanic Chop Cup (with 5 final load cups), Unknown Aluminium Cup, Don Alan (aluminium), Eric Hansen 6 Piece, Unknown Cup (takes an orange), Eric Hansen Cocobolo Baseball Cup, Eric Hansen Birch Burl (tennis ball), Heavy Copper Strolling Cup, Uday Aluminium, Eric Hansen Cocobolo & Birch Burl Chopped Bowl, Eric Hansen Birch Burl Chopped Bowl.

Front Row: Eric Hansen Ball Vase, Olive Wood Chalice, Magus Capsule,
Mini Don (aluminium), Le Petite (Stainless), Unknown Leather Chop Cup(came with walnut final load and papier mache balls.)

Wands

Top to Bottom: Bruce Smith Cherry Wood and Brass, Tabman Tables, Cocobolo Street Wand, Ammar Mercury Wand, Eric Hansen Custom, Cocobolo & Zebra Wood Wand, Eric Hansen Holly & Ziricote Glitter Wood Wand, RNT2 Delrin Wand, Phoenix Cups Street Wand, Bruce Smith "Bullet Wand."

Because the Café limits you to 99k, I have posted high res pics on my site on the "Your Cups" section here: http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/Your-Cups.html

Click here to view attached image.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Yes, this has always been a favorite thread of mine. Thanks, Todd!

Bri… you have a fantastic collection, thanks for sharing. I am sure that it takes some work to get everything setup to photograph. Thank you for also listing what each Cup is, and I will have to remember to do so on my next family photos.

Take care,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » "Your" Cup Collection (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..40~41~42 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL