The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Arthur Trace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
Art`s Fism act.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=REN-rdP2nU0

I assume this footage is taken from some precusor to his gallery act that he is debuting in 2008.
Joshua 24:15
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Really nice!!

The footage is taken from a Spanish TV show.

Marc
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
I have seen the act live. A very nice man. The act is different. This is an early stage of the act I believe. I saw the act in January and I think that if he has changed it he took out the good parts.

Thanks for the link though.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
No this is one of the newest versions of the act. Notice the paint smear (which is one his the most recent additions, the first time I saw him do it was April), plus the music being coordinated with the removal of his glasses(hard to pick up with the cuts). The reason stuff is missing is because this isn`t a straight cut (tv never is), they edited a lot out.

His act has come a long way. I remember back when the painting was half as big and made no picture, it was just random circles and rectangles. The man knows what it means to work hard.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It is brilliant and uplifting to see on youtube.
In amongst the awful 'Tutorials' and botched attempts at getting coins into cans.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
I saw the paint smear in september of 06 when I first saw his promo video. Trust me, this is and older version of the act.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
I`m talking about the green smear (is that the one you saw?). He could very well have been using it back then. The last time I saw his act before April was in 03 or so. The reason I assumed the video must represent a newer form of the act is because I know Art, in april he said that the green smear was one of the newest parts of his act(that and the glasses/music bit). I could be wrong about how new of course. But I do know that the green smear is one of the newest things he has being doing so the video cannot represent that old of an act.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
One of the most well thought out routines I have seen, very clever
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
He's the best. Pay attention to the details of the act. As it has been said before, Arthur Trace does the real work on the french drop.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Arthur Trace is a brilliant performer and thinker. I first learned about him in the April 2006 issue of Genii and was happily surprised to discover his performance theory writings in David London's "Beyond the Smoke & Mirrors" (highly recommended, if you are not already a subscriber). Based on my initial impressions of him I have searched out other material, including his DVD on levitation and his recently published "Relativity Change" booklet. Out of the ocean of modern magicians there are only a few handfuls that I am particularly excited about in terms of the work they currently offer and the promise of their future potential. Arthur Trace is clearly near (or at) the top of that list.

JeremiahZuo,
Thanks for the link, and the reminder that magic is far from dead.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Brandon,

I believe here is the scoop on this footage. It is not old footage. He had a slot on international television earned as a booking from his FISM winnings. The television slot was only 6 minutes long so he had to clip things from his act. I am nearly 100% positive this is his new painting that he worked so hard on to be ready for FISM. So the reason you don't see things you saw in January is because of time constraints.

I hope this was helpful.

Forrest
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Arthur Trace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL