The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Correct Approach (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

luke
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of luke
Hey guys,

here's the deal,

This weekend I intend to approach some restaurants that I have had my eye on for a while, to perform magic at. And was curious what you guys thought was the correct approach. ( I understand this topic has probably been covered before)I intend to go in person with some strong material etc.
but as i want to speak to the manager i want to go in at a time when he/she is probably there.

any thoughts on this topic at all would be appreciated..

ie.what to say to management, how much magic to show, what time of day to go etc.

thanks in advance -

Luke-
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
I would suggest going in at around 3:00pm. The lunch rush should be over and there is time before the dinner crowd will come in. Keep in mind that sales people are always asking to speak to the manager, so he/she may not be eager to speak with you.

One approach would be to actually go there for a late lunch and ask to see the manager after your meal. Compliment him/her on the food and service and strike up a conversation. Try to control the conversation so that the topic of entertainment comes up.

Mention that you are a performer and hopefully he/she will show some interest. Perform one or two strong effects.

Once the manager is convinced that you are a good performer, it is important to point out the bennifits of having a magician in the restaurant. After all, you will be getting paid, so they need to justify your salary.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5765 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The benefit to the restaurant is the most important thing to stress. The general manager just wants business to increase.

They don't care whether you do knuckle-busting routines or know the cutting-edge material. But, you do have to be a good performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Correct Approach (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL