The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Vanishing Bandana Cd Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Just got back from a gig, the dj has ruined my copy of vanishing bandanna! I'm doing the same act tomorrow and and I'm now a little bit stuck.

If any one has a copy of the original version in mp3 format I would be so grateful!

If you do have it please send it to magicmattce@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!

Matt
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
The gods have answered, thank you!

Mod's you may delete this now!

Thanks

M:C
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2582 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I think if the Gods had truely answered you they'd have done you the kindness of keeping all copies of the CD of that effect away from you forever. Smile

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-07-07 11:50, neal austin wrote:
I think if the Gods had truely answered you they'd have done you the kindness of keeping all copies of the CD of that effect away from you forever. Smile

Neal


Man I don't understand why that effect is bashed so badly on here.

"Its old":
So what?
"It's been overdone":
Most audiences still havent seen it. It's only common in the magic community.

It's a funny comedy bit, that audiences respond very well to, when the presenter is good.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On 2007-07-07 11:50, neal austin wrote:
I think if the Gods had truely answered you they'd have done you the kindness of keeping all copies of the CD of that effect away from you forever. Smile

Neal


Just because people in the business have seen it doesn't mean all your audiences have seen it. Infact in over 3 years of using it, no-body has ever said "I've seen it before." Its a crowd pleaser and gets a good response. and IMHO one of the strongest tricks before your finale to close on, in a comedy magic act.

But this is just my opinion. As for as long as it serves me, I will keep using it, and keep making people laugh, smile and be amazed. that's my job, why bash any prop and trick that achieves the goal??

Moderators, like I said in my second post the problem is solved, you may delete this now.

M:C
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
If it ain't broke...Don't Fix It...
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
I do it in most of my shows and it gets a great reaction. I have never had one person tell me that they have seen it.
Jerry Smile
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2582 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On 2007-07-08 13:41, Matt Colman wrote:
Just because people in the business have seen it doesn't mean all your audiences have seen it. Infact in over 3 years of using it, no-body has ever said "I've seen it before." Its a crowd pleaser and gets a good response. and IMHO one of the strongest tricks before your finale to close on, in a comedy magic act.

But this is just my opinion. As for as long as it serves me, I will keep using it, and keep making people laugh, smile and be amazed. that's my job, why bash any prop and trick that achieves the goal??


I have no problem with everything you have said above and I agree with your sentiments completely. I'm pleased you find it "a crowd pleaser and gets a good response.".

So why 'bash' it? Well my comments stem from having seen it performed about 5 times by different performers and on each occassion it has been anything but a crowd pleaser. It has come across as an overly contrived forced piece of badly staged cheesily twee 'comedy'. (not surprising as without any imput from the performer that's exactly what it is) Now I realise that this is a refection on the performers I've seen and not necessarily the routine but unfortunately it seems to me that this routine is perceived as having the laughs built in and so it tends to find it's way into the programs of those performers who don't have much to bring to it...and in my experience so far..... don't bring anything to it other than the bare script. (see my comment in () above)

I could go deeper into the nonsense of [supposedly] having 'two' pieces of material and refering to 'one of them' as a bandana and the other as something else such as a handkercheif or a headscarf (why is the hankerchief that vanishes the banana not also called a bandana?).

I think the premise of the routine is great....I just don't find the CD that comes with the trick uses the premise to anywhere near it's potential. Just my humble opinion.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2582 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On 2007-07-08 13:41, Matt Colman wrote:
Just because people in the business have seen it doesn't mean all your audiences have seen it. Infact in over 3 years of using it, no-body has ever said "I've seen it before." Its a crowd pleaser and gets a good response. and IMHO one of the strongest tricks before your finale to close on, in a comedy magic act.

But this is just my opinion. As for as long as it serves me, I will keep using it, and keep making people laugh, smile and be amazed. that's my job, why bash any prop and trick that achieves the goal??


I have no problem with everything you have said above and I agree with your sentiments completely. I'm pleased you find it "a crowd pleaser and gets a good response.".

So why 'bash' it? Well my comments stem from having seen it performed about 5 times by different performers and on each occassion it has been anything but a crowd pleaser. It has come across as an overly contrived forced piece of badly staged cheesily twee 'comedy'. (not surprising as without any imput from the performer that's exactly what it is) Now I realise that this is a refection on the performers I've seen and not necessarily the routine but unfortunately it seems to me that this routine is perceived as having the laughs built in and so it tends to find it's way into the programs of those performers who don't have much to bring to it...and in my experience so far..... don't bring anything to it other than the bare script. (see my comment in () above)

I could go deeper into the nonsense of [supposedly] having 'two' pieces of material and refering to 'one of them' as a bandana and the other as something else such as a handkercheif or a headscarf (why is the hankerchief that vanishes the banana not also called a bandana?).

I think the premise of the routine is great....I just don't find the CD that comes with the trick uses the premise to anywhere near it's potential. Just my humble opinion.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I have a friend who re-recorded his own CD. It turned out to be MUCH better than the original...

It's odd... As magicians we tend to see magic very differently from laypeople. I'm personally sick of the freaking bananna trick but I keep getting requests for it... I think they just like seeing me make a mess...
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Great idea as it allows you to work at your natural pace...but is that legal?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Vanishing Bandana Cd Help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL