The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Impossible", ala Larry Jennings! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hey, this is a great routine!

Do any of you currently do this in your act?

Let me know what you think of it!

I ran across this yesterday and have been having a blast with it!

Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
I don't have an official act, but I do perform for friends etc. at social functions. I have done, impossible, several times and it gets a great reaction.
UpclseNprsnl
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of UpclseNprsnl
Is there any website that you know of where I could see 'Impossible' done on video like realplayer or Quicktime or one of those types of videos? I would really like to see the trick. Not the secret, just the effect. Thanks
UpclseNprsnl
Sir Atfus
View Profile
New user
California
15 Posts

Profile of Sir Atfus
I don't think this effect is a marketed item, at least I haven't seen it as a single item. I learned it from the Ammar Easy To Master Series. Those videos are great!
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
It's also in the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings.

Gianni
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1205 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Classic Magic of Larry Jennings is a great book.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
magicboy111
View Profile
New user
somewhere in Idaho
25 Posts

Profile of magicboy111
I think I have heard of this effect, but have forgoten it. Could you give the effect please...

Thanks,

Corey
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
615 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2002-02-09 15:40, magicboy111 wrote:
I think I have heard of this effect, but have forgotten it. Could you give the effect please...

Corey,

Effect: Spectator selects a card and puts it back into the deck (using a series of shuffling and cuts). Performer cuts the cards (recapping what has transpired). Spectator spells IMPOSSIBLE from the top of the deck and ends right on their card.

Very nice impromptu effect (Note: the deck must be a complete 52-card deck in reasonable condition to utilize a crimp).
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
Comment on note in previous response. I didn't see why a full deck was absolutely required. So I tried it with a 50 card deck and it worked just fine. This is just a detail and not that important. However it is a great trick to do with a borrowed deck.
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I use this a lot.
However, I changed things around so I use my name 'CharlieMagic' instead of 'Impossible'.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2998 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I use this all the time and would recommend it highly. The Ammar tapes are probably the best source as the other routines are killer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Impossible", ala Larry Jennings! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL