The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Houdini Type Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm looking for some Music. that would of been used around Houdini's time. anyone have any Suggestions. D,
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3407 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
The background music for the straitjacket challenge in "Houdini" (1953):

"Perpetuum Mobile" by Johann Strauss (A lot of Strauss' music could be used.)

You could also check out the soundtrack from the movie "Ragtime".

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Stanyon is that Perpetuum Mobile Actully Called Perpetuum Mobile or is it that Perptual Motion I'm not sure if I spelled the wording correctly. but I do have the ragtime soundtrack CD. as well D,
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3407 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Perpetuum Mobile...I think that you can find it on Amazon.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Yes I did Find it. I should go Back to B&N for it. Amazon will ship it in 6 to 9 Days.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2885 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
According to the Final Houdini Seance record, "Pomp and Circumstance" was one of his theme songs. Unfortunately, it's often associated with graduations, but it may be usable anyway.

Aside from that, and depending on what you want the music for, jazz was very popular back in the mid-to-late 20's (Scott Joplin et al).
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wasnt Scott Joplin considered RagTime. ? are there any other Song Titles I heard he used Asleep in the Deep and Firehouse Five I was able to get Perpetuum Mobile on CD but not by the artist that I wanted it to be from. anyone else know of More Music that was Used or is this just all Lost information.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2885 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Well, no, it's not lost information. You can get lots of information on music history at the local library, or try a local college music department.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
You might want to also check out "Vaudeville" music. That was about the same time period as Houdini. That's just another word you can use while searching. You should get some good results with it.
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I have Checked Vaudeville Music just not sure what to use for Which Trick/Escape. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Houdini Type Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL