The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Steel Ball Bearing Cups and Balls Routine?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ccccchunt
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of ccccchunt
I remember seeing a routine that used steel ball bearings in the routine and as final loads...

I know the title of it is just slipping my mind but need to find this video. Anyone help me with the name of the performer????

Thanks,
Chris
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's Paul Gertner's routine. It's on his DVD Steel and Silver V 2. It's also in his book Steel and Silver.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ccccchunt
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of ccccchunt
Thanks Bill!!! that's exactly what I needed. I'll be ordering this one right away because I have to do a show for a bunch of metal workers and thought I could work this into my routine.

Chris
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3400 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2007-07-09 16:40, ccccchunt wrote:
Thanks Bill!!! that's exactly what I needed. I'll be ordering this one right away because I have to do a show for a bunch of metal workers and thought I could work this into my routine.

Chris

Hopefully the show is not for another year or so. You are undertaking a "Bear" of a routine!

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ccccchunt
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of ccccchunt
Actually it is 7 months from now. I should have plenty of time to practice.

Chris
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Tom G
It's also written up in Frank Garcia's book on the cups and balls.

Tom
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1301 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
The Garcia book left off several important points that Paul has rectified on video and in his book Steel And Silver.
7 months is plenty of time to work on it.
Mobius
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Good routine to work on; all the best with it. The use of sound adds another brilliant layer of deception to this routine.
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
I ordered the ball bearing for this routine and they should be here tomorrow. I've been practicing the routine recently with marbles, an 8 ball, and a baseball so it will be a nice touch to actually have the bearings. It's really not that hard of a routine, although I've been thinking about this routine for years and used to perform it when I was a kid to the best of my ability so it's been with me a long time. Paul Gertner's whole DVD series as well as his book are amazing and I highly recommend them.

If you need to purchase the bearings, Jake at RnT2 has the best bearings, but like all things, good quality cost more. I found some bearings that are very reasonably priced that are made of chrome-steel. A set Paul's routine will run you about $70. Of course it would be nice to dedicate a set of cups to this routine also, but so far my cups haven't really taken a beating, but I haven't been using steel yet either!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&15
The Magic Café Forums - Paul Gertner's Ball Bearings

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
Since I am from Reno I would always go to Kalin and Jinger's Magic Underground and Jacques would always perform his ball bearing routine ending with a corona bottle load! Good Stuff
Peace
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Steel Ball Bearing Cups and Balls Routine?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL