The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Managing Out Of Hand Youngsters! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
I like Steve Taylor's approach: There are two ways to have fun, first, by clapping (lets practice) second, by laughing (practic). This tells them what we should do.

I prefer not to say anthing about sitting quietly etc. unless needed, otherwise, it may affect the tempo of energy I prefer from the kids.

If a child is misbehaving in a disruptive way, i will quietly bend over and ask them to behave, and tell them how that can be done. being at their level usually helps.

sometimes, i ignore the child because attention is what they want.

If needed, I'll say that I'm looking for helpers who are quiet and sitting nicely. Therefore, I'd never reward the misbehaving child.

Perhaps, it might work to bring them up for a quick "bit". Consider having a little fun with them in front of the others (do as I do routine, it could be as simple as clapping hands, engaging in knock knock jokes, etc). something short to get them involved, maybe on yourside.

just my thoughts,

j.
SpiffnikHopkins
View Profile
Regular user
Washington DC
135 Posts

Profile of SpiffnikHopkins
in my experiance the best way to deal with these kids is to be honest with them. Just say, "hey little buddy (in a frienly tone) I'm try'n to put on a good show! haha yeah I guess mb you HAVE seen this one before but could you do me a favor and sit tight until I get to something mb you havn't seen. Thanks man!"

Something very honest and firendly never fails. Kid's are NOT STUPID. they can understand that messege, and they appreciet your honesty with them. I mean, they already knew what you just said, but now they feel like tyou thought enough of them to be up front with them about it.

Just my 2 cents.

~Spiff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Managing Out Of Hand Youngsters! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL