The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sneak Preview Demo - Broom Thru Body by Peter Loughran (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2125 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Peter, this would be great in conjunction with the Harry Potter levitation (see Andrew Mayne's Wizard School DVD) and tell the story of how Harry jumped off his castle onto his broom like a cowboy to a horse but then it cut through his groin up to his stomach (like in your other penetration demo of it)!
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of kadz
What are the angles like for this effect to work, Peter?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2681 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
The angles on this illusion are fantastic, and you are able to show your body 360 degrees at different times of each routine and in the case of the final routine in the demo you can actually perform that one from start to finish completely surrounded!

MagicBrent-Yes I am familar with Andrew Mayne's Wizard School DVD! Andrew is one of the most creative guys in the biz and this would work perfect with his effect! The broom can also function like a regular broom, meaning you can sweep with it etc.

P.
Brand New: SPELLBINDER -The New Supernatural Stage Table
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
874 Posts

Profile of gitty
The illusion is coming in September and pre-order (with free shippping!) started today. The price is $169.99.
WALTHER
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2681 Posts

We mentioned September to be safe, in case there is delay with them passing through customs, but I am hopeful they will actually be finished and ready to ship sometime in August.

But we are only having a limited amount of these made due to the high manufacturing cost even in mid quantity, and our distributor will only be recieving a small amount of these, so if any one is interesed in reserving their btb you can pre-order now and I am offering free shipping on pre-orders to all regions of the world.

The broom is really sweet, and comes nicely packaged in its very own custom box with a nice set of instructions in a fully color gloss cell sheeted format. Its also performance ready right out of the box, great for stage, close up, birthday parties, street performers, etc.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
220 Posts

Profile of baggins321
So with tax were looking at $200 for a glorified pen through whatever effect in the form of a.....broom? I just don't get the appeal. PLEASE tell me the broom is inspectable before and after!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2681 Posts

Hi Baggins, BTB is obviously quite different from a pen thru anything effect considering that a person isn't as thin as a paper bill! Much different, and works much differently then those pens. But yeah you are correct it is a penatration effect, one of the classics of magic! Also this can be done upclose but is also a visually larger illusion that can be done on stage too where a pen would be hard to see, plus it goes THRU PEOPLE!

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16945 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 21:08, Peter Loughran wrote:
We mentioned September to be safe, in case there is delay with them passing through customs,

Wow, it can also pass through Customs?... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2681 Posts

LOL, that is funny! I walked into that one!

Btw after reading baggins post, I got the feeling he might not have understood why I decided to do this effect with a broom, so I would like to explain that.

I essentially could have made this out of anything. I could have a lamp thru body, hockey stick thru body, etc. The reason why I chose the broom is for several factors including its commonness and recogonizability, and its appearance of being visually large yet light weight(large brissle head). But the main reason was its compatibilty with so many venues and performing situations.

You can tie this in with halloween shows as is or use it with a story of a witch etc., or with the popularity of Harry Potter the broom will tie into many performer's routines here either at a birthday party or a wizzard style stage show.

This type of broom(lobby broom) is also widely found in many other places such as restaurants, or hotels, again great for restaurant workers to be able to pick up an inoccent looking object and do something amazing with it.

It is also widely seen on street sides next to the steps of your favourite store, allowing street performers to take advantage. A street performer could also 'borrow' the broom off of a street sweeper etc. These are also found to be used at almost every amusment park by their clean up crew, making it ideal for walk around performers at a theme park.

Can be used on stage as is or even as inoccently as whats mentioned above, for example the performer leaves a mess of confetti on the floor and a stage hand comes out to give it a quick sweep, and now the broom is in play. Often you will see a broom in a lot of different places, so I wanted the performer to have the ability to adapt this in many diffferent areas or to fit many different styles of performers. So why you may wonder "why a broom?", I actually had put a lot of thought into my object of choice from a "try and please as many as I can" Stand point making it as versatile as possible both in effect and performer compatibility.

Peter.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16945 Posts

Profile of joseph
Your broom theme is perfect....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
564 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I agree, the broom is an object charged with magical meanings: witches, Harry Potter, Mickey Mouse in Fantasia... a broom everywhere Smile
I think that a nice act could be an hunted broom with che music of Fantasia in the background, with the broom living on his own and stabbing the poor performer... Smile

Dave
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2681 Posts

I never thought of Fantasia!

I would also like to mention since I have had a couple of people ask me in pms, is that there is absolutely nothing done to your clothes or alterations of any kind. Wear whatever you wish and without any preperation or alteration to your clothes.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Could you wear no clothes???
LOL
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
If your doing the 2nd version, it might burn a little.
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Hmmmmm
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

And then the Magicdoctor may have to fix that.
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I've done the Harry Potter themed levitation during my shows where I float on a broom. This is just perfect for a follow-up to that. Instead of floating on the broom, the second time it dematerializes through you. "Lord Voldimort's been messing with my broom again! Ouch, it's not only my scar that's hurting!"

Awesome stuff, Peter. The video shows a lot of what you can do with this.

You have my pre-order. I can't wait.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Ha! That would be great if you can get a video of you doing that in your show!
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I'd like to, but looks like I'll have to wait until August/September to get my hands on the broom.

I've got odds on where Peter is going to be tonight at 12:01am. He's going to be in a black robe, with thick round glasses with a broom in his hand outside some bookstore in Canada making kids standing in line scream.

"Mom, some whacko dressed like Harry Potter just pulled a broom clear through his body, and then took off down the street!!"

Peter, you have a lot of bookstores to hit.

(note for those not paying attention: tonight is the book release of the latest Harry Potter)
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2681 Posts

LOL Scott! No I am not at any bookstores, although I guess I should be, sounds like I could be having a blast! Love your ideas on the broom!

Btw that's a very nice looking illusion you are showcasing in your avatar! Where can I get one of those? Smile Very cool!

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sneak Preview Demo - Broom Thru Body by Peter Loughran (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL