The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Any information on "Aubrey?" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2973 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Back when I was a kid, I saw a magician by the name of Aubrey on "You Asked For it" a couple of times. One time he did Zombie (my first time watching the trick, and it gave me goosebumps), and the other time he did the Disembodied Princess.

I haven't run across the name in years. Does anyone know anything about him?
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11174 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I found this:

http://www.markwilsonmagic.com/MagicCircusCol.htm

Scroll down the page about halfway, and there is a reference to James Aubrey, regarding an improvement to the Girl Without a Middle illusion.

...and also this:

http://www.magictricks.com/bios/whoswhoab.htm

Scroll down to Aubrey.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
204 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
Hi George,
Aubrey was born James Crabe in 1931. I got an old B/W ideo from the SAM library a few years ago... I think it may have included some of the Aubrey clips as well as Kirk Kirkham. It was called Panorama of Magic

Matt
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2973 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Thanks, guys! I'll look into this.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24287 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Aubrey was a very close friend of Blackstone, Sr. When it appeared that Harry Blackstone, Jr. was not going to take up the mantle, Aubrey learned from HBSr.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
470 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
You can actually see Aubrey on Blackstone: This Is Your life - He makes a oouple of appearances on it...

Also believe he was a movie producer/director

He appeared here in Colon back in the 1950's and from all accounts was quite a hit...he died at a pretty young age - in his 50's I believe.
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I saw Aubrey on TV some time in the seventies, I believe. Beautiful Billiard Ball work.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
All above are correct, and his main living came from film work and did die at a very young age. He was one of the finest manipulators of his time.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of John Martin
If I'm not mistaken, Paul Osbourne ended up with a lot of his show. I can remember a picture (Genii or M.U.M.) of him standing with illusions from the Aubrey show.

All the best,

John
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11174 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Osborne's article in Genii, (Feb 2004) is a description of Aubrey's Asrah, as presented on Art Baker's TV show "You Asked For It". It is also mentioned there that he ended up with Aubrey's show.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Quote:
On 2007-09-11 08:49, John1964 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, Paul Osbourne ended up with a lot of his show. I can remember a picture (Genii or M.U.M.) of him standing with illusions from the Aubrey show.

All the best,

John

If I remember correctly Mr. Aubrey died about 1988-1989, Mr. Osborne did purchase Mr. Aubrey's magic from his father around 1989. In Mr. Osborne's "The Big Black Book" he has pictures of the illusions when they arrived and were unpacked.

Ron
DarksideDeceptions
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of DarksideDeceptions
Here is a recording and performance of Magician Aubrey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8Jq5SztNE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Any information on "Aubrey?" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL