The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Autobahn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
New acaan from David Forrest. Anyone?
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Wow...the ad sounds very good...*beingtempted*
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17069 Posts

Profile of joseph
See it HERE .. Finally sounds like something a lot of performers would like....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Will review once I receive...
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
I just bought this manuscript from Dave. It's a well-produced and clearly-written PDF. I'm not going to say much, because the more one says, the more one reveals. Suffice it to say that this is a very nice idea, and a very workable routine which delivers a clean, close-up "any card at any number" effect. It has got me thinking down an interesting route. I would recommend this purchase - it's not a disappointment. Even if you don't do the routine as stated (which is good), it will get you thinking about possible variations and applications of the main principles used.

I would encourage future reviewers to refrain from discussing or even hinting at any aspect of the methodology, as this is unfair to the originator.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17069 Posts

Profile of joseph
Maybe a demo would be enough...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
A demo would simply reveal the method (most demo's do!).
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Not too keen by Steve's review, that pretty much anything said would reveal it...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
Chris - my review does *not* mean that the routine is no good. My point is simply that magicians on this forum blab too much about things they have bought, and thereby reveal methods by degrees.

It's my view that most tricks are easily exposed (to knowledgeable magicians, at least) if you start talking about any of the details of their workings. It's best to say nothing on that subject.
Albert Einstein
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Oh, ok. Can you not go into a little more in depth as to what the routine details?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
Yes, but so does the PDF for £7.50.
Albert Einstein
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
928 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Chris - it's ACAAN - doesn't that pretty much describe the routine? Card named, number named, card found at that number!

I'm with Steve here... I know I've figured out a lot of effects via the reviews of the effects which really should be avoided - be honest, if you figured out the method from the review would you still buy it? Perhaps you would, perhaps you wouldn't. Not everyone would though... and that's unfair to the creator.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

I understand the concept, however, the part that intregues me is the part which says 'simply print out the special AUTOBAHN artwork and attach it to your existing business cards'. I only am curious. I don't need another ACAAN. I am working on a project with a few other people and believe I have found the grail, the one everyone seeks for, but just how special is 'Special art work'
www.magicman13.co.uk

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Don't know how to answer that question. But this is a real gem. I know I may not seem like the best person to give an unbiased review, but even before I started my association with Mr. Forrest, I always found his effects to be well thought out an extremely practical. This is no exception. I have only glanced over the PDF but I already know that this is something that I will use in real performane situations. I will give a more indepth review once I work on it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
657 Posts

Profile of oombob
Eduardo Kozuch's "Impossible 1 to 52" and Mike Rose's "The Grail" are pretty much the most perfect solutions I have come across to the ACAAN plot, in that the spectator genuinely calls out any number from 1 to 52 and genuinely deals out the cards to that number, matching a tabled prediction card.

AUTOBAHN sounds very intriguing in it's claim of NO MEMORY WORK, NO MATHS and NO SLEIGHT OF HAND.

I wonder if the "randomly selected number" in AUTOBAHN is as free a choice as in the above two methods.

Every effect has it's strengths and weaknesses... would you call this an improvement over "The Grail" or "1 to 52" or is there some sacrifice in the purity of the effect for ease of method?

Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing... I just need some more motivation to explore a new version of the ACAAN.
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
I would be interested to know how the printed Autobahn artwork plays into the effect.
Steve Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Martin
Fbnc - without giving too much away, you need a photocopier in a private room where you can get a reasonable impression of what we in the UK call your "bum". It couldn't be simpler.
Albert Einstein
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
657 Posts

Profile of oombob
Hmmm... I feel a bit hesitant about adding a photocopy of me bum into the mix.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
My opinion:

As a "collector" of ACAAN effects...I can honestly say that I really like this. It's perfect for walk around, uses one regular deck, resets instantly, the deck is out at the beginning of the effect, the spectator can deal through the deck to reveal the card, and you leave your volunteers with two of your business cards...one with the name of the freely named card written on the back...the other business card has the randomly generated number on its back.

This is a very practical / working solution to this plot. For laymen this will play very pure. I like it...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Thanks for the review Cody. I'll download this one. I've loved his other material and I have a hard time resisting ACAAN effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Autobahn (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL