The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Autobahn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
No problem my friend...I think you will enjoy it...I do!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It occurs to me that although this is designed for close up, you could very easily do this on stage. Use a jumbo deck. It would still play great.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On 2007-07-12 12:03, oombob wrote:
Eduardo Kozuch's "Impossible 1 to 52" and Mike Rose's "The Grail" are pretty much the most perfect solutions I have come across to the ACAAN plot, in that the spectator genuinely calls out any number from 1 to 52 and genuinely deals out the cards to that number, matching a tabled prediction card.

I wonder if the "randomly selected number" in AUTOBAHN is as free a choice as in the above two methods.

Kosuch and Rose's effects are not ACAAN as the first two intials mean "Any Card", but a specific card at any number.
I really like Rose's Grail as a very clean workable close effect to ACAAN.

Your suspicion on the "randomly selected number" is well taken. I think of a randomly selected number as being one where a spectator merely thinks of, I would be disappointed if purchased this and I found that the spectator must blindly choose a number from a stack of cards or blindly circle one digit etc. You get the idea what I am getting at.

Please tell us that the random number, or the card, isn't arrived at by some complicated or convoluted process. Not that there is anything entirely wrong with that, but there are enough effects like that already in existance.
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
157 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Those looking for the "holy grail" will be disappointed and those who use this will be rewarded.
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Hey Guys,

The method used to arrive at the random number is certainly not new...it may be some...and to a lay audience it is very fooling. There are other effects on the market that use this same principal...in fact Josh Jay fooled me with this same pricipal years ago!

The number is not arrived at via a "convoluted or complicated" process. It literally takes a few seconds...and no math...meaning none of the "think of a number...now double it...now subtract your dog's B-day...you know what I mean...

The impression on your volunteers is that a card was freely named and a random number was chosen. The strength of this routine is the fact that the deck is out at the beginning, ungaffed, and the volunteer can do all the dealing. The process makes complete sense as you leave them with two business cards.

It may not be for everyone...and this is certainly not the holy grail...BUT if a client called me...and for some strange reason...said that I MUST do an ACAAN effect at their event...and I had no experience with the ACAAN plot...and no real time to rehearse...this is probably the method I would do. It's very easy and will leave the impression of a true ACAAN on your audience.

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher

P.S. I also like "Martini" by Paul Wilson...didn't care much for it when I downloaded it...but when Paul did this to me at a coffee shop in L.A. it was amazing...the key to his version is his "presentation"...the "story" of how you create card tricks sucks them in and the "move" (if you can call it that) is completely justified by the story...

Also, just got off the phone with John Born...be looking out for his new work on the subject...he has some KILLER (totally KILLER) new ideas with the ACAAN plot. Can say too much...but for ACAAN fans you will not be disappointed!
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Wow. Sounds good, Cody.

I too think that the strength of this version is that it looks very clean to the spectator and the deck is not manipulated at all by the performer. The deck is removed from the box and the spectator deals. That's it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1413 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I agree with Mr Fisher.

We have a tendency in the magic community to seek for the "holy grail" for every effect.It is rarely the case.This one is no exception.

There are a couple of well known magic principles involved here.I must say that it is pretty clever.

But it is not as direct as we may think.There is a kind of procedure following the absolute free choice of the card at the beginning.It is not name a card and "bam" , here it is 22 from the top.

But at the end the result is pretty similar as far as the spectator is concerned.

The main advantage is that there is absolutly no memory ( no mem deck) involved.It is really easy and effortless.I do not use myself a mem deck even if I know that is is a very powerful weapon( I have seen Michael close live using suck a killer technique).So it is in my opinion a practical and really convincing way of doing a ACAAN effect.

Quote:
On 2007-07-12 19:21, Cody S. Fisher wrote:
Hey Guys,

The method used to arrive at the random number is certainly not new...it may be some...and to a lay audience it is very fooling. There are other effects on the market that use this same principal...in fact Josh Jay fooled me with this same pricipal years ago!

The number is not arrived at via a "convoluted or complicated" process. It literally takes a few seconds...and no math...meaning none of the "think of a number...now double it...now subtract your dog's B-day...you know what I mean...

The impression on your volunteers is that a card was freely named and a random number was chosen. The strength of this routine is the fact that the deck is out at the beginning, ungaffed, and the volunteer can do all the dealing. The process makes complete sense as you leave them with two business cards.

It may not be for everyone...and this is certainly not the holy grail...BUT if a client called me...and for some strange reason...said that I MUST do an ACAAN effect at their event...and I had no experience with the ACAAN plot...and no real time to rehearse...this is probably the method I would do. It's very easy and will leave the impression of a true ACAAN on your audience.

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher

P.S. I also like "Martini" by Paul Wilson...didn't care much for it when I downloaded it...but when Paul did this to me at a coffee shop in L.A. it was amazing...the key to his version is his "presentation"...the "story" of how you create card tricks sucks them in and the "move" (if you can call it that) is completely justified by the story...

Also, just got off the phone with John Born...be looking out for his new work on the subject...he has some KILLER (totally KILLER) new ideas with the ACAAN plot. Can say too much...but for ACAAN fans you will not be disappointed!

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2218 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Ok if Cody Fisher likes it, that's good enough for me..How much is it in US Dollars..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Its about 15 bucks or so. Pay pal will figure it out for you.

Is it an instant download? Do I have to wait until Dave recieves the notification
and he sends it? Or is it sent snail mail?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1413 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
It is not instant.

There is some delay but it is pretty fast.

It is sent by Dave himself.

Quote:
On 2007-07-12 22:13, solrak29 wrote:
Its about 15 bucks or so. Pay pal will figure it out for you.

Is it an instant download? Do I have to wait until Dave recieves the notification
and he sends it? Or is it sent snail mail?
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-12 22:06, shomemagic wrote:
Ok if Cody Fisher likes it, that's good enough for me..How much is it in US Dollars..

If only my kids felt that way...

Cody S. Fisher

Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have just finish reading through the manuscript. Now this presentation will be something I will not perform just now but I can see this fitting right in to a presentation I have in the making and I am sure if any of you buy this you will design something to let you perform this. Very simple and as direct as you can get with this type of routine. The manuscript is well written and clearly layed out. For workers ( not just close up) I would reccomend this. Great work dave
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I've just ordered this and am looking forward to receiving it!

I love Dave's material, I've never been disappointed with any of it.

Will post my comments when I've received/tried it.

Iain.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hello everyone,

Here is an e-mail that I sent out to everyone who purchased 'Autobahn'.

Hello good people!

A couple of you contacted me regarding some errors found within the ‘Autobahn’ manuscript. To those who did – many thanks! It’s just as well someone is keeping me in check!

I have now removed said errors and I am re-sending the new document to everyone who purchased it.

I can only apologise for my blatant disregard for all of your sanity in releasing ‘Autobahn’ in such a confused and disheveled state. Rest assured, by way of self punishment I have given myself a thorough thrashing a la ‘DaVinci Code’ and as I type this e-mail a ‘Cilice’ is digging into my left thigh, causing searing pain and a puddle of blood to collect on the new carpet. My wife won’t be pleased - but I must be cleansed!

I hope it didn’t annoy any of you too much and in the future, I will make every effort to ensure that it does not happen again.

Big hugs,

Dave.

Anyone who bought the e-book on or after the 14th will have received the error free version. If you purhased the e-book before that date and have not received the new version please e-mail me and I'll send it right out! dave@full52.com

To all of you who have reviewed this so far, many thanks. I'm really glad that you all seem to be enjoying Autobahn.

Cheers,

Dave.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3206 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
What is the difficulty level of this effect?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Well, there is maybe one small sleight in the routine so I would say in terms of that, the difficulty is maybe a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
Hmmm. I'm concerned about the "special something" on the business cards. is it in english? can it be altered in german? umm ... do I need business cards? I don't have any. is an index card ok? can it be motivated? so many questions ... Smile
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Another Dave Forrest release - another winner!

This is a very clever, very practical effect and one of the few ACAN that is truly practcal. This is a workers dream!

Adrian,

This will work in any language and no, you don't need business cards. Index cards will work, but since you're giving them away, you might as well have your contact details on them...

As for motivation, it's built into the routine.

Hope this helps.

Iain.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Hi, my name is Arnon, and I'm an ACAAN Addict.

Glad to see so many AAA (ACAAN ADDICTS ANONYMOUS) members present today. Smile

Perhaps these are only rationalizations, but I ceasingly seek, purchase and learn ACAAN variations for two main reasons: (1) I want to design an ACAAN that fits my performing persona "perfectly," and (2) I want to perfect every effect that I present to my audiences so that I can be proud of what I perform and so that I can get the best audience reactions I am capable of obtaining.

Do I need an intervention?
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Greetings!

I have always appreciated the fresh thinking that goes into Dave's offerings to the magic community, and Autobahn is no exception. He uses a couple of principles from the mentalism community which fit nicely into the effect. While technically this is really a ACAN effect and not a true ACAAN effect, your audience will go away believing they really did have a free choice of ANY number and that is what counts.

My favorite ACAAN has always been Barrie Richardson's, but his requires the use of a memorized deck. Barrie also has a really nice impromptu version on one of his lecture CDs that does not require a memorized deck. If you already know a stack such as the Aronson or Tamariz (or any other stack where you know exactly what number each card resides at) then that can be utilized in the Autobahn effect and slightly simplify things. But let me reiterate what has already been said and state that Dave's effect requires NO memory work!

I like Autobahn, thanks Dave!

** Bill **
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Autobahn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL