The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skywalker Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 20:59, DougNicols wrote:
For $16 with free shipping, I'm outright ecstatic about it. Smile

I can agree with that!!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 20:00, Piz wrote:
You can clearly tell the method behind this, his right leg looks stiff and hard at work, the ending hurt as well. It reminded me a lot of Elevator levi with more height . Personally I was not at all impressed with what I saw, I guess for the price you can't beat it though! I'll be picking it up to try it out, I most likely can find the money for this in change under my couch.

Paul
You kidding? Looks way more impressive than the F.L.Y, Elevator and all those other levis.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 21:01, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 20:00, Piz wrote:
You can clearly tell the method behind this, his right leg looks stiff and hard at work, the ending hurt as well. It reminded me a lot of Elevator levi with more height . Personally I was not at all impressed with what I saw, I guess for the price you can't beat it though! I'll be picking it up to try it out, I most likely can find the money for this in change under my couch.

Paul
You kidding? Looks way more impressive than the F.L.Y, Elevator and all those other levis.

Read my post below the one you quoted me on.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Oh bleh. lol the way levitations are selling, this looks above decent for $20 dollars. This could easily sell for over $100 the way levitations are being sold. Just because the way it looks. Clean with decent height, doesn't look at all like the elevator where it looks like your balancing onto something.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 21:06, Blindside785 wrote:
Oh bleh. lol the way levitations are selling, this looks above decent for $20 dollars. This could easily sell for over $100 the way levitations are being sold. Just because the way it looks. Clean with decent height, doesn't look at all like the elevator where it looks like your balancing onto something.

I agree, calm down soldier!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I just hope it doesn't end up all over YouTube, like STS. I mean, come on ...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Exactly, with akirafist posting this over penguin it just horrified me. (penguin and E are the youtube nation)

I hope it gets buried into soon (More products going onto the HP page)
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
It is just a matter of time before this gets exposed, hopefully we all can get a couple good months out of it before it does.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Blindside785: I hate that guy. He makes a good ham and cheese sandwich on Rye from what I've heard, though.

Some things have survived quite well without TOO much YouTube exposure (eg: WOW by Masuda, BELIEVE, NEVERmind, etc. NEVERmind mainly cause nobody actually has it). I think most of the Ellusionist products seem to be more prone to that than the standard product listing from Hocus Pocus.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You know what...I think this might be safe. This might, just might be a levitation that will be kept safe. It's in book form. Most people don't want to take the time to read. Zero Gravity was kept well safe off youtube. Hopefully Skywalker will follow. The things that are exposed are things caught onto DVD.

Yep just like Ellusionist products. But things with construction are still usuable like Fraud.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
A decent levi at a decent price.
Any decent reviews?
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Any idea how much this will cost to buid?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Probably a lot.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in the success of Skywalker.

With this being said, I absolutely love the methodology of this levitation. IMO, it's quite practical but as you all know, some will like it and others will not. The levitation won't cost that much to build. You may even have some of the supplies. I have not built mine yet, but it will probably cost about $30. Angles are ridiculously good for a levitation, and for $20, this can't be beat. Highly recommended.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Thanks Koby, for the info.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
While I've ordered it and it's on the way, I am skeptical with the demo since it's not advertised as 360 degree angle-proof which would appear to be a huge selling point and yet the demo makes it look that way....
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
If you read the advertisement, I believe it said that the angles were very good. And that they are...not 360 degrees, but I believe you could make it that way...
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Can this be done in shorts? how long will the gimmick take to make? will any permanent alterations need to be made to clothes or shoes?
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
The first shot of it is the most impressive. The rest, not so much. In the first shot it looks as if he gets onto his tip toes and then up into the air, like magic. The other shots look as if he is on one heel like a reverse Balducci. One thing I wonder is, if the gimmick will be hard to wear. Will it make me walk with a limp or hurt my foot as I use or wear it?

Chad
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Sorry, but I don't feel as if playing 20 questions is necessary. After talking via PM with a few members, I don't believe you will want to walk around in this for too long. Also, I tried levitating last night and had quite the balancing issues. So, I'll see how it is with adequate practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skywalker Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL