We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Jumbo Monte Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
This is a stage routine.

Using two s***pped cards and a regular card for the finale I perform a game of three card monte with ONE MILLION DOLLARS on the line in the form of a novelty million dollar note.

I display the cards and show two x threes and one x queen. To win, they have to pick the queen. For those unfamilar with The moves require you show the bottom, then top and then the middle in that order.

a) If they guess on the bottom. I show it is a Three...and then show the other two cards are also threes.

b) If the guess the top, I try to get them to change their mind to the bottom...really pressure them. When they don't change their mind I say "Good for you" and show it is a three....but that the other two cards are also threes.

c) If they guess the middle, I show the top and and bottom...and then the middle.

I then offer to double their chances of winning and ask them to not spot the queen to win but to spot the three.

I then repeat the display from phase one.

For the finale, I show one three and one queen and say "For one million dollars...what is the last card?"

No matter what they guess I say "Do you have a million dollars? That is ok...I take VISA an turn over the last card to show a giant VISA card."

I then let them keep the million dollars as a gift.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
This has been discussed before, use the search function.

If this wasn't a card thing (I dislike cards) I would, as usual merely read and absorb your knowledge.

See: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&12
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
You two are a couple of ***!!!

I was really looking forward to some ACTUAL posts!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I didn't guarentee a quality post. But at least more people will read it now and possibly post.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2122 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Can I do it close up?

M:C
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm just kidding. That was a really great effect Nicholas. The real Buskers have nothing but good things to say about you, and with good reason!

Josh Riel
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I agree "Titanic Monte" is a wonderful idea.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
Um, not for nothing, but "Titanic Monte" is actually the name of the jumbo Monte I published in 1996.
Just sayin'...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Jumbo Monte Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL