The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for Coin Magic dvd? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Spade
I am a very visual learner, I love a good dvd set.
Is there a set of coin training dvds that is to coins, what Royal road to card magic is to cards?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24272 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You should post this question in the proper part of the forum -- Show me the Money. That's where the coin guys hang out.

There may be a DVD set for Modern Coin Magic.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
523 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Why don't you look here, check "review"
http://www.coinvanish.com/
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8767 Posts

Profile of Mb217
-Bill, he is in the proper part of the forum...this section is a part of the Show Me The Money forum, definitely the most frequented. Smile

-An arv, there are many dvds to look at and Bill mentions a very good one. Think the Bobo's book is recognized as a great coin magic reference. I know there is also a 4-dvd set that follows it pretty well at a nice value, about $30 bucks or less. Check ebay or google it. It's a great companion dvd to the famous book, definitely along the line of what you're asking for here. Good luck. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2007-07-12 09:26, Mb217 wrote:
-Bill, he is in the proper part of the forum...this section is a part of the Show Me The Money forum, definitely the most frequented. Smile

The post was originally in the Ever So Sleightly section and was subsequently moved by the Staff...

James
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8767 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks James, but I couldn't tell that from here. Thought it was a bit strange though, as Bill rarely makes any such mistakes. Smile He's usually right on top of things, as now more clearly he was all along. Smile

But I still stand by my initial suggestion in that post of the Bobo "Modern Coin Magic" 4-dvd set as a quite worthwhile investment at a tremendous value. Smile
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I would get the Ammar DVD, and then the Roth 3 part set. That would keep you busy
Jolyon Jenkins
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10760 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Contact joey Koins
his dvds on coins are excellent
and he is also a La famiglia member........

the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Like rjenkins and mb have said above, the standards would be bobo, the Ammar one and Roth's 3-part Expert Coin Magic.
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Arveician,

Please read carefully and you'll be on the right track and same some money.

These are the DVDS I Suggest you get in this same order:

Dave Roth expert coin magic vol 1,2 and 3.

Dave Stone basic coin magic vol 1,2.

That is all you need for now.

And when you get better just wait till Kainoa H decides to make a DVD then you go ahead and buy it as soon as it comes out.

Dave Roth will teach you the right way to classic palm and finger palm a coin which way too many magicians don't know how to do well as far as I have seen, along with a bunch of moves and very nice and practical routines.

Dave Stone will do the same with a different style.

I am being very honest with you my friend.

WU
The Man.

P.S I could mention one more DVD by Giacomo Bertini, but it will be too avanced for you right now, and bertini does not give any advice on the classic palm which it is a pity especially for the new students, MR Bertini is one of the very best when it comes to classic palming coins, it is hard to tell where the coin is CP that is how good he is, there are just very few magicians that can classic palm a coin like he does as far as I have seen; Dave Roth is in that small group and a very good friend of mine as well, the rest either exagerate the pinky way too high or hide the thumb in bottom line you'll know they have a coin in CP, with Bertini you just won't know.

You could still get Bertini DVD,because I belive you will learn by studying his manners
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10760 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WU although you mentioned some heavy hitters in coin magic this does not mean they are the best teaching dvds...
another great source for novice or the professional is mike Rubensteins dvds or videos on coin slights
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Vinny,

I had all the others teaching DVDs mentioned above;, but none of them come close to teaching coin magic as well as the ones I mentioned in my own experience; believe me I know what I'm talking about, coin magic runs in my blood.

WU

The Man.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10760 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
OK I stand corrected..............
thegodfather
Come check out my magic.

CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
WU are you to question the Godfather?

Personally I'd recommend Bobo's, but if you must have a DVD...
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8767 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey arv, found this...$20 bucks for the Modern Coin Magic 4-dvd set. Can't beat it! You can bid on it but the "Buy Now" option is the immediate way to go on such a great coin magic value. Smile Hurry, offer ends on 7/20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MODERN-COIN-MAGIC-4-......ViewItem

Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Spade
Quote:
On 2007-07-14 21:51, Mb217 wrote:
Hey arv, found this...$20 bucks for the Modern Coin Magic 4-dvd set. Can't beat it! You can bid on it but the "Buy Now" option is the immediate way to go on such a great coin magic value. Smile Hurry, offer ends on 7/20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MODERN-COIN-MAGIC-4-......ViewItem

I missed that ebay sell, but that's ok. I have found a set for sell for about 35 dollars which is not a bad price at all.

I will use this along with bobo's book.

Thanks MB I am sure as a beginner this will be a good starting point.
I will get Roth's set later.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8767 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey arv, I think the dvd by Michael Ammar is also quite good for beginners. Lots of good stuff on there and some good quality teaching. Ammar is good at instructing and walking you through things. He also teaches all the basic moves in a section. It's really a nice package and a nice value. Check here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-INTRODUCTIO......ViewItem

THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Revolutionary Coin Magic by Jay Sankey.
gelbepfeife
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of gelbepfeife
Revolutionary coin magic is not coin magic's royal rode in my opinion.
it is more a collection of great, but more unknown things.
I would start with david roth, although the dvd from penguinmagic( I am serious) has many slights for a good price. the teching on the penguin-dvd isn't bad either. I would go with bobo's book and the penguin-dvd, if you are new to coin magic.
Backdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Bismark, ND
117 Posts

Profile of Backdoor
I agree about Revolutionary Coin Magic, a great dvd, but not a royal road of any sorts. I would say to get the Bobo Book for sure, but I would pair it more with the dvd set paralleling the book as most appropriate. It is a very good set of coin magic instruction, not to mention a fantastic value for 4 disks of instruction. To me, that's more of a "royal road."
-Only The Shadow Knows...Y'know?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for Coin Magic dvd? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL