The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Developing your act? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi Chuck,

I had the pleasure of meeting you at the Convention at the Capital several years ago and really enjoyed your show! You have an excellent act!

In another post of yours you mentioned that it took years to develop your Card on Seat presentation, and would like to have some insights on your experience in developing yourself as a magician. Going from good to great!

I tend to learn as I perform and get insights that I never would have gotten just practicing, learning the timing and getting an inspiration from some situation that occurs. I would love to hear your thoughts on getting better.

Best,

Sean
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Sean..Thanks for the nice words. You pretty much have the formula. You cannot get better if you don't work for a live audience. They tell you what a mirror cannot. The reaction tells you if you are on the right track. There is feeling inside that tells you all is O.K. When I get a good idea, somehow I know it. I listen very carefully to the advice of others an I listen to what audience members shout out. Often it is the one thing that will spart the correct difection...I once said to a woman, who had been sitting on the playing card , " Did you feel anything?" She answered, No." Somebody in the audience shouted out, "Must be my X=Wife." Bingo, It went into the routine. The nice part about getting material that way is you don't have give anyone else credit. Keep working, working and then as Vernon said," Once you think you are ready to perform, Stop....You have just begun."....best...chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Developing your act? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL