The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Midwest Jubilee 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Quote:
On 2007-08-05 21:38, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Yep! Of course I've been counting since the last one, hehe. I'm all packed now, and have everything together for the competition. It'll be my first time competing and, since some of my friends would rather sleep in than show me support, I'll need support from the Café! Smile

Kyle, I'll come support you in stage if you come support me in close-up Smile

Josh

It's a DEAL!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Hey Guys! Just got home last nigt at 11 PM from Colon, MI. I have 2 1/2 days to wash my clothes, re-pack my act, print more lecture notes, and mow before I jump on the plane to Midwest Jubilee. I have heard so much about it that I cannot wait to get there. Guess I will not be sleeping much either. Do not forget that my lecture called "Puzzling Magic with a TWIST" is at 11:30 PM on Thursday night. The lecture is for EVERYONE from walk around, close-up, and stage. You close-up guys will like the effects "ESP CELEBRITIES" and "THE LOVE TEST".

Also, I know that contest are alwasy early at 8 AM but I just love to watch and support them. I will be at both of them with a BIG CUP of COFFEE! Heck...I enter the close-up contest at Curly's bar in Colon, MI this past weekend just to see how the money act would play in a bar with smoke and dunks. They must of liked it since I received 1st place award and some cash. I will be showing the money act on Friday Close-up show if you want to see it.

Tony aka The Fez....I have heard about your parties and suite. Hope that I am invited to hang out at the party too.

Keep the Magic Going and see everyone SOON!

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Yep, early morning meeting/contest. I'll probably have to skip out on the party the first night so I'm in relatively good form for the close-up competition. Still looking forward to seeing everyone.
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
Josh,

Good luck with the close up competition. Your performance at the ring meeting last week went real well. I thought you showed great poise and the effect went great. I am riding out with Mike M. THursday morning. Look to hook up with you sometime later in the day.

Steve Steiner
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed my performance; I'm riding out with Mr. Melito as well; see you Thursday.

Josh
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
This will be my very first convention. Every one that's going come out to the dealers room I will be there with US Toy magic. Save me from my job. You can kidnap me from the booth and make me enjoy the convention. I wont get mad...lol. I will be there tonight around 8 or 9. Hope to see you all around. Time to start drinking.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I'm heading off now myself. See everyone there!
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Yea, I am the first to post back from jubilee. Once again a great time. Good to see you all and cant wait till next year. The countdown begins. Once again Mr Miller rocked the parties till 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 in the morning. Wanted to say I have a great time as always and hope everyone made it home safe and sound.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Keppel beat me to it. The Jubilee was a great time. The party was fun, as usual. Competing in the competition was exciting and placing third was rewarding, I'll be shooting for first next year. There's so much to be said about it, but right now I need to concentrate on unpacking.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Well, I had a great time at the convention. Naked Kepp showed me the largest sun and moon on the way back to kc. I even got to see that gap. It was great stuff. lol...The convention was a blast though. I cant wait until next year. But I am flying next year.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Flying, what the heeeeeeeeeell are you talking about. We are a few hours away bro. You can ride with me next year. By the time your plane takes off we will be in st louis. Flying, hahah
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Yes, another great year. Meetin new friends and seeing old friends again.

Josh, congradulations on the close-up and congrat's to all the winners both close-up and stage.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
magicboy922
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicboy922
I did not get there until Friday but still had a good time. Hightlights for me was watching Mark Mason and Michael Finney antics. The surprise of the jubilee was Omar Ferret from Cuba. He does not speak much English but you must see his close-up act. I think this was his first show in the USA. If you get a chance then see him. The other act that surprised me was a rubik cube act by Joseph Young. Cool and creative act that uses rubik cubes. What was the highlights for everyone else?

Magic Boy Jason Woods
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Awesome convention! Great to see everyone again!

Best,

John B
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Thanks for the congrats Jimmy.

As I stated, the convention was a great time. Highlights for me were watching Michael Finney, and his way of handling an effect going south or uncooperative spectators. Mark Mason's antics, both in the lecture hall and close-up room. Jamming on the Elmsley Count with Joe (long story there!) and repeatedly loading a card under Delaware's - I mean Kyle's hat.

Hope to see everyone there again next year!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Congrats to Josh on his work in close up. Loved his routine at the last Ring Meeting...Someday hope to make it to another convention and play er jam with other great thinkers and workers....

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
It was indeed a great convention...I made new friends and hung out with old friends. I ended up pulling 3rd in stage competition at this one...congratulations to my great friend Jason Andrews who won first...Jason...it ain't over yet...we will compete together again soon...mwahahaha...
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Yeah - but you have to watch out for wet flying "ting tong dolls".
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Mmm...I must've missed that one.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
For those of you who were at the party, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... It was great meeting up with you again. There is nothing like hanging out till 6:30 am and then heading for contests!. To Jason and the others who crashed... HAHAHAHAHA!

For those who got to meet Kimmy on Thursday night, yehaw!

To those who got fried by Tom Gagnon, congratulations, you got burned by the best!

To the one who got sick and yacked in the bathroom... AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... I don't hold it against ya, you invited back next year.

To ALL the drunk chicks who attended, we thank you!

To Josh Chaikin who walked around and stared at everyone, and then won the lottery basket... BAH! $15.00 worth of tickets wasted!

To Magic Joe! One of the coolest guys EVER!

To Joe Young. Dude, I would be HAPPY to have you at one of my parties! You were a blast!

To everyone else... Too Bad you didn't make it!

See yall next year!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Midwest Jubilee 2007 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL