The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Interacting with an audience » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Chuck,

I've personally seen you interact with spectators in a way that very few people could do or even get away with for that matter. In this insane politically correct society of ours, what is your secret? How do you get away with the insults and such? I bring this up because I believe personality is a major key in getting along with any audience and it has been my experience in watching you perform that you are one of the very few who have it down to a science. Now I'm certainly not promoting the notion that we should be rude to our spectators, I believe we must treat them with the upmost respect. However, when done properly a skilled performer can almost get away with murder and your performance style is proof of that belief. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Steve. What you see on stage is what you get. That's me on and off. I truly believe that the audience knows that I mean them no harm. I have only had a couple of complaints in almost 40 years of performing. I think I get away with what I do because the spectator really knows I love them. I only use my magical performance for fun and I think that translates. So many magicians have an, " I can do something you can't do..I'm smart and your dumb" attitude. I have always believed that it's not what you say, but how you say it and the intent in your voice.

Now leave me alone, I have a lot of work to do on The Magic Café....You've taken enough of my time, I am a very important man. By the way, your site is wonderful. Just to be able to be in touch with people I don't speak to often, is worth the price of admission. Only kidding about not wasting my time. But I guess, from your evaluation of me, I didn't have to say that. I may poke fun, but I always treat the spectators with respect. I'm not dirty, I leave the visuals to the minds of the audience. Thanks for the question, It has given me a chance to express my feelings about performance. Thanks for the site, your pal...chuck
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
That's the real reason Chuck moved here to Australia - we aren't nearly as politically correct down here!

Nick
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Nick...you hit the nail on the head...I made that up...ever heard it before...keep in touch..your pal...chucko
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Interacting with an audience » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL