The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Popcorn Machine Power (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Not too sure if this is the right topic to post this under, but I figured since it has to do with 'tech' stuff, I might as well post it up here.

I have been looking around for a popcorn machine for a bit now, and just came across a nice used 14oz machine, for a real good deal.
http://www.concessionstands.com/s.nl;jse......;id=9870

The problem I'm facing, is that this is a 220V machine, and requires (if I'm not mistaken) 50A of power, (including the oil pump)
It also takes a strange kind of plug that I have never seen before, it is a NEMA plug type: 5-50P.

I would no doubt have to search out an adapter for this, to change it into a "dryer" plug type, but is it worth the hassle?
Also at the venues, I would have to make sure they have a "dryer" plug, or get one temporarily installed, which is not a big deal.

Over all, my question is, is this worth the hassle?
It's quite a good deal on this machine, so I would hate to pass it up!

Sam
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Sam,
I'm send you a private message later this evening on this - you do not need a 220 machine - 110 is available !
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Popcorn Machine Power (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL