The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MagicCelebration Colon, AUG. 1-4 FREE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Congradulations Ron
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Whew! This is the first chance I've had to get online since I left home over a week ago.

I had a blast in Colon!! What a great time, in spite of the heat. Made some great friends and saw some wonderful magic.

Congrats on the close-up contest Joseph!

Tony, I'm glad you liked the lecture "stuff". Thanks for the kind words. For anyone in the areas, I will be lecturing in Peoria tomorrow (Aug 7) and in Des Moines on Thursday (Aug 9).

It was a pleasure being on the same bills as all the other wonderful talent... no, I take that back... it was an honor and a pleasure!

Rick, you do a great job with this convention, and I thank you for the opportunity to work with you. I hope we can do it again in the future!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Thanks so much to all of you...YOU all made it possible..and it was worth it! I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of you...you were all true professionals and it made my job easy...It was FUN! We will do it again next year!!!
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
BJ Mallen
View Profile
New user
Colon, MI
37 Posts

Profile of BJ Mallen
Good job doing what you do. Just one question, all along you said you were trying to get more people to Colon, so why was your only public show not in Colon?

confused and feeling ganged up on for the weather,
BJ Mallen

ps Alan, if attending the Abbott Magic Get Together is enduring torture as you described it then why was this your 29th year?
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
BJ.......you know the answer to that question..there IS no other place to hold a stage show in Colon. And yes...we did bring more people to Colon.....all you had to do was stop by the shop and talk to the hundreds of NEW people who were there for the first time. We spent major $$ promoting this event and it showed...come by next year and see for yourself.........there is no need in getting defensive. We have lots to work on ourselves to make this event bigger and better.....and we intend to do just that....stay tuned....Rick Fisher

www.fabmagic.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Some of the above coversation sounds like an Aesop Fable come to life...

BJ,

I recall talking to MANY non-officially-orange-tagged magicians who came to Colon. I know a number of them who also paid for admittance to various fee-based events during the 4 days. Seems to me that added a few extra bucks to the coffers in Colon and at the Get-Together.

As one of Rick's hired guns, I did my part to be equally hospitable to everyone I met, regardless of whose flag they were there to salute. It also seems to me that a bit less elective segregation would benefit everyone concerned. I'm sure Rick's "open door" policy was more appreciated, than not.

All of us involved thought Rick did a bang up job considering he basically had to work with the leftovers, or create from scratch. I respect and honor that, but having organized conventions myelf, I don't exactly envy it. It took some serious hard work to do what he did.

Regarding the Saturday evening show at the auditorium in Sturgis, of which I was a small part, although it breached the city limits of Colon, it opened the week into more of an area or regional event. I suppose it takes an open mind to see that the magic doesn't stop at the cemetery.

A large percentage of the audience we played to on Saturday were locals. That's pretty darn good PR by most standards. It is not unreasonable to imagine that some of these people may be prompted to venture into Colon during future events, based on the quality of show we gave them. Enjoy the revenue it brings, and consider it a gift. No thanks are necessary. It's what we do.

Regards,

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 21:08, BJ Mallen wrote:
ps Alan, if attending the Abbott Magic Get Together is enduring torture as you described it then why was this your 29th year?

Simple. I don't take the heat as well as I used to. I'm just saying that the hot conditions at the high school gym can be controlled. The existing air conditioner isn't designed to handle that many people - supplemental units are needed. I'm not saying it to be mean. I'm saying it to point out an opportunity.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I was there last year, and the tempreture was 95 degrees, with 95% humidity. I don't think anyone should be surprised if it is just as hot next August. Congradulations BJ, and Rick for packing them in. Did anyone notice my picture on the wall at Curly's?
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 11:46, Al Angello wrote...

I was there last year, and the tempreture was 95 degrees, with 95% humidity. I don't think anyone should be surprised if it is just as hot next August. Congradulations BJ, and Rick for packing them in. Did anyone notice my picture on the wall at Curly's?
I saw your picture at Curly's, Al, and I drew a mustache on it! Oh, wait, you already have a mustache in that picture. Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Greg
Thank you
Al
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Actually Al. I looked for it at Curly's but I didn't see it. There might be a reason for that though. If you look at the video of me performing at Curly's in the "you oughta be in picture" section here on the Café. I'm standing right by the wall with all the pictures and some of them can't be seen because of the DJ equipment. So it might have been hidden. I know a few where.

I did see yours on the wall at FAB though. Here's the deal. I forgot my pool stick at Curly's. I have to drive back there sometime this week. I'll let you know if I can see it then.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
For all those who came to our Saturday night show (549 to be exact) and for those who made reservations for next year August 6-9th...we have some exciting surprises for you! Every year our FREE lectures get bigger and better and next year is our 5th anniversary! Once again, no registration fee for any of the events with the exception of the evening show. This makes it the only FREE magic gathering on the planet! Stay tuned for exciting news coming very soon! Again, thank you to all of the performers and for all of you who came in to our standing room only lectures, close-up shows and of course our Mad, Mad Auction that lasted til 3 am on Saturday! It was loads of fun!!!

www.fabmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MagicCelebration Colon, AUG. 1-4 FREE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL