The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Anti-Virus Software Would You Recommend? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Quote:
On 2007-07-17 10:34, kannon wrote:
Kaspersky AntiVirus

http://www.kaspersky.com

Best rated Antivirus of 2007 Smile
No bloatware, very customisable and good for people with no knowledge as well. Regular virus definition updates several times a day.

Also sensibly priced. Norton etc is expensive and comparatively not as sophisticated.

I ended up going with Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0. It includes anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, etc.. I'm very happy with it. Kaspersky did get top ratings on PCworld.com and a couple other websites. Thanks for everybody's suggestions.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2676 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Panda is great. Norton's use to be the best, but now is the worse.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
There is a free one called antivir.

It works pretty good.
-Matt
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I'd say for free, either avast or avg. Or Panda if you are going to pay for something.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2189 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
What anti-virus software do I recommend?

Mac OSX
Kevin Reylek
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 19:01, Mercury52 wrote:
What anti-virus software do I recommend?

Mac OSX

Hey! Get out of here, we don't take kindly to your "types" around here.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 01:45, irossall wrote:
I have been using AVG for only 8 months or so and have had no problems with it. I have the free version and so far it has stopped at least one virus from getting into my system (at least that is what was reported to me).
The only thing I hate about AVG and McAfee as well as Microsoft's firewall is the fact that everytime I boot my system I get warning prompts that my computer might be at risk because I don't have automatic updates turned on so I must close several prompts before the computer will continue to boot up all the way.
So far AVG seems to do what it is supposed to do so at the moment I am happy.
Iven Smile

Automatic updates are good most of the time, but if you do not want the reminders, then go to the Security Center in your Control Panel. The last item in the Security Center menu on the left is "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and if your corporate network administrator has not locked it you can remove the checks from the alerts triggered at start up.

J.Manuel
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Anti-Virus Software Would You Recommend? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL