The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » What is the best e-book buy? Biggest bang for your buck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
pantseatflyer
View Profile
New user
NW Arkansas
40 Posts

Profile of pantseatflyer
Lybrary is TOP SHELF! Great customer service!
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
I've bought a LOT of stuff from Lybrary. With PayPal, it's the closest to instant book gratification I can think of. I push a couple buttons and can be reading the book in just MINUTES!
I have never had the slightest problem with the merchandise or the service. EXCELLENT!
brane
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-05-24 23:09, pantseatflyer wrote:
Lybrary is TOP SHELF! Great customer service!

you mean you can get pdf's of that too? I must be missing that link...

yeah - another vote for lybrary...good work sir...

it still amazes me how much annemann stuff I got for less than £20 when I first started...and its good to buy bob cassidy stuff safe in the knowledge that it'll turn up!
I've asked to be banned
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2008-05-24 20:05, dmoses wrote:
Switchcraft.

Thank you!!! Smile

Elliott
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
No, Elliott, thank you.

I find it inspires me on a daily basis.
I was thinking about this Bruce Bernstein Impromptu Book Test that relied on a clever use of a CT, and thought... hmmm... if I used a s***** the spec could rip up that piece of paper herself...

anyway... I'm just selfishly hoping it doesn't get too much more popular!

best
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
There are some really fine PDF books out there, some which belie their slimness with ratio of useful data to page. But for sheer quantity with a HUGE amount of quality usefulness, how could one beat *Switchcraft*, which seems to be heading into its second thousand pages even as we watch?

And by "usefulness," let me point out that I rarely use billet switches. Very rarely. But when I do, I want them to work perfectly.

AND there are MANY times when the same skills and methods used for good billet switches, are used for other sleights.

AND (again?) there are heaps of great routines. If you use none of them, you will nevertheless find ideas within which will improve your shows.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Yes, Elliott, you may quote me. <g>)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
pantseatflyer
View Profile
New user
NW Arkansas
40 Posts

Profile of pantseatflyer
Quote:

you mean you can get pdf's of that too? I must be missing that link...

yeah - another vote for lybrary...good work sir...

it still amazes me how much annemann stuff I got for less than £20 when I first started...and its good to buy bob cassidy stuff safe in the knowledge that it'll turn up!

Sorry... Guess I am showing my age. My statement of "Top Shelf" means EXCELLENCE!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 14:42, dmoses wrote:
No, Elliott, thank you.

I find it inspires me on a daily basis.
I was thinking about this Bruce Bernstein Impromptu Book Test that relied on a clever use of a CT, and thought... hmmm... if I used a s***** the spec could rip up that piece of paper herself...

anyway... I'm just selfishly hoping it doesn't get too much more popular!

best

Thanks again.

I am unfamiliar with much of Bernstein’s work, but will try to track down that book test. I have a feeling I will like it.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 17:14, mormonyoyoman wrote:
There are some really fine PDF books out there, some which belie their slimness with ratio of useful data to page. But for sheer quantity with a HUGE amount of quality usefulness, how could one beat *Switchcraft*, which seems to be heading into its second thousand pages even as we watch?

And by "usefulness," let me point out that I rarely use billet switches. Very rarely. But when I do, I want them to work perfectly.

AND there are MANY times when the same skills and methods used for good billet switches, are used for other sleights.

AND (again?) there are heaps of great routines. If you use none of them, you will nevertheless find ideas within which will improve your shows.

*jeep!

Thanks so much for the permission to post the quote, Chet.

I just added it to the site. I included a minor disclaimer, as I don’t want people to buy the book and wonder why they only got 307 pages. I am sure most people would figure it out, but there is always that one guy… Smile

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 17:14, mormonyoyoman wrote:
*jeep!

Thanks so much for the permission to post the quote, Chet.

I just added it to the site. I included a minor disclaimer, as I don’t want people to buy the book and wonder why they only got 307 pages. I am sure most people would figure it out, but there is always that one guy… Smile

Elliott
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I concur with Eliiot's SWITCHCRAFT. I honestly got a lot out of it.

Most "bang for the buck" I have seen lately....
(except for that really cheap case of .45 ammo...)

Kidding aside: It truly is a GOOD gift that keeps on giving...

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Bryn!!

I’ve read incredible reviews of your latest book, “The Safwan Papers.” The effect called “Seven” sounds especially well suited for my tastes. I plan to purchase the e-book edition in the near future, possibly before this weekend.

Elliott
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
You mean I miscounted the pages?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2008-05-26 02:14, mindhunter wrote:

And when will the PDF version of THAT be released? (I'm still waiting for the limited edition autographed PDF of Safwan Papers.)

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2008-05-26 12:52, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-26 02:14, mindhunter wrote:

And when will the PDF version of THAT be released? (I'm still waiting for the limited edition autographed PDF of Safwan Papers.)

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet

Maybe my next one will be "The .45 Papers"? LOL!...still workingon that autographed version!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » What is the best e-book buy? Biggest bang for your buck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL