The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Swiss Magician
View Profile
New user
Switzerland (Bern)
7 Posts

Profile of Swiss Magician
Hey guys: Here a great tipp: BUY THIS EFFECT!

Last saturday morning I got Jason Palter`s "The Red Carpet" which I had already preordered. A few hours later I had a big show (wedding) in which I wanted to try this effect out! The reactions were UN-BELIEVABLE! I did this effect as the end - and the whole audience raised! I couldn`t believe it! This effect is really cool and it is worth EVERY ***ed BUCK!! You don`t need to be a Lance Burton / You don`t need dexterity - it works almost automatically! The transport is sooo small and even though it guarantees BEST entertainment!

NEVER before I was so happy about a trick!!

I don`t want to talk You into buying this trick - I just want to tell You that this effect is a real WINNER! And I`ve already said Jason Palter that it is my PERSONAL WINNER!!!

Keep thinking about this effect! If You want to get a standing-ovation and if You need the certain something in your show which makes the show more special than the show of many other magicians - just buy it! I can give You the guarantee that You won`t regret it! Believe in my words! I am a honest person!!

Best regards

Gabriel
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Hi,

as you live in Switzerland, is the final revelation somebody Europeans will know and recognoze immediately?

Regards

Stefan

PS: You can also PM me in German if you like
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
I was searching for a good review of this trick!
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just noticed this thread, and I wanted to say that I do not know "Swiss Magician" personally at all. We have never met, and the only correspondence that I've had with him were some PM's back and forth as he was asking me some questions regarding the product. He had pre-ordered this from a Canadian magic shop, and I know from speaking with the shop owners that he had the trick couriered to him (that is why he received it so quickly).

He was kind enough to let me know how much he liked the product in a PM, so I asked him if he wouldn’t mind posting his review(s) and he did so kindly.

I just wanted to clear up any stale air. I really appreciate that “Swiss Magician” wrote this, and am so happy that he is enjoying “The Red Carpet”. They have only been out for 7 days, and hopefully as the purchasers start to receive them, they (like “Swiss Magician”) will love the trick too.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, and for all purchases please visit our site. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
You performed this at an event you were being paid to perform at after getting it only a few hours beforehand?
peter teagle
View Profile
Regular user
Redditch, UK
195 Posts

Profile of peter teagle
Er...i saw a demo of this effect but it didn't show the final revelation!

peter
"technique is science.
the application of technique is art."

peter teagle
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Sorry, let me restate my last paragraph: You are more than welcome to purchase "The Red Carpet" (and any of our other products) directly from our web site. Or if you'd prefer, you can buy them from your local magic dealer, and if they don't have them in, please ask them to contact me for information on how to stock our products.

Sorry for any confusion, and thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
Need to see the kicker at the end - we all know what happens - but how does it look?
Swiss Magician sounds WAY too desperate to be for real.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

You know, I really battled with this video issue. Do I even do a promo video? Do I show just the audience reactions? Do I show any portion so that you can see any of the included props and see that there is something you are getting for your money besides the full routine? Do I show the reveal at the end? etc., etc. I went through the same thing with my other two releases, and in the case of "Third Degree Burn" there were STILL complaints with the first video! I just find that often with these magicians that you're ***ed if you do and ***ed if you don't. I don't know if you are a fellow creator/inventor, but if you are you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! lol

So what I did was consult some other professional performers (including some fellow creators like Richard Sanders, Peter Loughran, Aaron Paterson, etc.) to get their views. They are good friends of mine and along with the opinions of other pros who are not creators, I felt that I could get a good cross-section of thoughts on how to do the promotion of “The Red Carpet”. They all agreed with me that I HAD to release a promo video of it. And to be honest, they all agreed that I should cut it in the way it you see it now, so as to show more of the performance. They felt (and I agreed) that if I showed too much of the audience, then potential purchasers may be upset because they were not seeing enough of the performance. Or if I showed the reveal at the end, it may tip off too many "unscrupulous" magicians (and I don't need to tell you there are some out there) who might go and make it themselves. The method for "The Red Carpet" (like most great tricks and routines) is not particularly difficult. It has been designed to allow you to concentrate your efforts on the PERFORMANCE of this trick, not the method, and that's why audiences love it so much! To be honest, whether you know the method or not, it is the full props and AUDIENCE TESTED ROUTINE that you are buying (the props alone---without the sketchbook---are worth over $100.00!). Again----damned if I do and ***ed if I don't!

To be honest, the only thing that everyone COULD NOT agree on was whether or not to show any part of one of the props that you see in the video. I reasoned that for $195.00 I had to show a bit of what you were getting prop-wise, if you catch my drift. Regardless of stating that you get "everything you need plus an 8-minute script, ready to go out of the box", some will still try to rip you off, right? So in the end, the video was cut in the way that everyone sort of thought is should be. But I can assure you that the climax was designed as something that will be recognized by ALL ages no matter what part of the world you are from. I suppose the only people who may not recognise the end result, are the people who still think the sinking of the Titanic is recent news! lol

Sorry if the video disappointed any of you, but I hope you now better understand my reasoning.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I think the demo shows us what we need to see to make up our minds. If this is the kind of effect that "fits" your type of show, then I think it is a winner.
MagicPenguin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of MagicPenguin
It's an interesting idea for an effect, except that it doesn't communicate anything fundamental about the nature of celebrity despite that a "red carpet" is worn over the head. Even if it did, the message would have to be relevant to an audience for it to win me over with its memorability factor. Naturally the methodology is obvious for a keen eye.

Even if I were wrong about this, nothing is communicated where I'd want to know.

I'm going to save my money and employ the methodology (perhaps one I only independently created that would have the exact same effect) as a joke rather than a drawn out "magical" affair.
MagicDog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
174 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I for one feel that the video gave you just enough to see if it would fit into your act, as for not seeing the ending, I believe I know what it is and I can see why he left it out.

Nice Job,

John
Make Everyday Magical
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Quote:
On 2007-07-17 11:00, MagicPenguin wrote:
It's an interesting idea for an effect, except that it doesn't communicate anything fundamental about the nature of celebrity despite that a "red carpet" is worn over the head. Even if it did, the message would have to be relevant to an audience for it to win me over with its memorability factor. Naturally the methodology is obvious for a keen eye.

Even if I were wrong about this, nothing is communicated where I'd want to know.

I'm going to save my money and employ the methodology (perhaps one I only independently created that would have the exact same effect) as a joke rather than a drawn out "magical" affair.

So basically you are going to save your money, steal the plot line, make it a joke, and call it your own? Very ethical indeed.....Rob is that you? Or is this a play on your username posted as a joke?
peter teagle
View Profile
Regular user
Redditch, UK
195 Posts

Profile of peter teagle
Jason

I fully understand your dilemma but ultimately it all comes down to how much you trust the genuine magic community to support you as the original creator of the effect as opposed to those who unethically copy it. I guess the same could be said of all demos but it's a risk you take. I, for one, will always support the original creator of an effect even though I can ( sometimes! ) work out the method and I suspect the vast majority of the magic community will do too. You may lose some but you will gain a lot more.

peter
"technique is science.
the application of technique is art."

peter teagle
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
Hey guys,

I just got my package in the mail today. Before I give a brief review, I want to make it clear that I do know Jason. We've spoken on the phone a time or two about a different project and chatted online a number of times. In fact, I chatted with Jason tonight and he asked me for my HONEST opinion, and I gave it to him. And I'm going to give my HONEST opinion here too. You need to know that prior to the package arriving, I knew no more than anyone else did. I had only seen the same preview all of you have seen. With that being said, here's the review.

The trick is awesome.

I don't know how else to describe it. I was very surprised when I opened the package. The quality of the contents was much better than I expected. Jason eluded to this in an earlier post, but the sketchbook is phenomenal. The artwork is beautifully, professionally done. It's printed on a very thick cardstock. The cardstock is covered with a plastic type protectant so it should last forever. It looks like the book you and I get is actually better than the one Jason performs with on the DVD. His is hard to see because it's laminated and the lights glare on it. This plastic covering seems to be a non-glossy, non-glary type of material. No shortcuts whatsoever were taken on the production of the sketchbook.

The instructions and routine were professionally printed. There was a performance DVD included as well. The other materials included in the package were more than satisfactory.

The Climax

There has been a lot of talk about the climax to this effect. All I can say is when I saw the climax, a big grin came over me. In my opinion, it's absolutely perfect. I had ideas and expectations, and I almost didn't buy the routine because I didn't want to be disappointed with the climax. Everyone has their own opinion, but I love it and think it's perfect.

Last thing I'll say is now that I've seen the package, I know exactly why Jason didn't show anything on the preview video. I can't say much more than that. As soon as I opened up the package, it made complete sense for someone who wants to protect their hard work.

I haven't performed it yet, but will be sure to let everyone know how it goes. If you have any questions, let me know. I promise you, as I've done here, I'll give you an unbiased answer.

Eric
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Thanks for the review Eric. I have seen your performance of Silent Treatment on "E", and hope to see one of the Red Carpet soon.

Phil
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't know if this has been asked yet, and enventually I will be getting this. Is the outcome always the same? Just asking so I know what my repeat status would be if incase it was the same crowd. Also where can I see this performance of Silent Treatment?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Paisa23,

I sent you a PM with all the details about The Red Carpet.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Got it thanks. This sounds trully great. Ill save up and get my hands on it soon hopefully.
Swiss Magician
View Profile
New user
Switzerland (Bern)
7 Posts

Profile of Swiss Magician
Hello everybody

At long last back from holyday I want to apologize my direct way of telling you what I thought of "The Red Carpet". And I want to apologize to Jason for the reader`s thought, that Jason and me could have planed this...
As Eric has written: The effect is awesome! But surely not for everybody. The magician who likes tricks and effects which are very difficult in performance and which require a lot of dexterity won`t like " The Red Carpet". As I`ve written: I got the package from a canadian magic shop - on the same day as I`ve had my show...I watched the presentation DVD and in less than 10 Minutes I was ready for the audience...surely you have to have some experience how to wrap up the effect...for me it wasn`t a big problem...

Everybody knows that you are wearing something on your face for looking like the celebrity...I want to write, that You won`t be disappointed...Jason selected the celebrity well - that means: I`m sure that everybody in the audience will know the celebrity...

I hope you could get an impression of this effect - my opinion: I love it!

Have a nice day!

Gabriel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL