The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Paul:

Thank you so much for those kind words, and I'm really happy that you have joined the ranks of those who are enjoying the effect!

Please feel free to contact me if you (or any other readers of course!) have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Could anyone let me know if the "celebrity ***** or whatever it is" can be comfortably worn while wearing glasses? I really don't like removing my glasses, nor do I want to gunk them up while pulling a ******* etc. over my head.

Scott
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-01-30 19:44, srayproctor wrote:
Could anyone let me know if the "celebrity **** or whatever it is" can be comfortably worn while wearing glasses? I really don't like removing my glasses, nor do I want to gunk them up while pulling a ****** etc. over my head.

Scott

I remove my glasses. Can't really leave them on. With one ***** you can try I don't.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
Just wanted share my experience with the red carpet.

I have been using it more than a year in my parlour shows. I can easily say that this routine is one of those that everyone remember and like. I don't easily recommend an effect, if you are into comedy or mentalism, buying this wont dissapoint you.
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
I know I’m late getting on The Red Carpet bus but this effect is outstanding. I love the ending and the props supplied. I would like to know if anyone has used the add on ending in a repeat show and what type response did you get? If they saw the effect before they know the ending even if the reveal is different. What did you think?
Magic Mike Gilliland
:wavey:
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 09:47, Magicmike40 wrote:
I know I�m late getting on The Red Carpet bus but this effect is outstanding. I love the ending and the props supplied. I would like to know if anyone has used the add on ending in a repeat show and what type response did you get? If they saw the effect before they know the ending even if the reveal is different. What did you think?
Magic Mike Gilliland
:wavey:

if they see a second ending with diffrent outcome,they get more crazy,confused,shocked,etc....
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Thanks for the reply
Doruk Ülgen

Smile
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Here is my two cents worth....I get there eventually!

The Red Carpet & The Red Carpet: The Bonus Feature

Available from: http://www.paltergeist.com/theredcarpet.php & http://www.paltergeist.com/theredcarpet_bonusfeature.php

Price: The Red Carpet $210 - The Red Carpet: The Bonus Feature $110

Category: Parlor /stage Mentalism / Mental magic

Difficulty (1-5): 1

They say:
...You display a large sketch book of celebrity and character illustrations drawn by your friend. No, your friend is not a stalker—just an admirer of the rich and famous! The book contains 40 different images of famous people and personalities.

An audience member is brought on stage and allowed to randomly select one of the images from the book. The spectator mentally focuses on their chosen icon. Then, while you are blindfolded by the “Red Carpet” (actually a red fabric bag that covers your head to prohibit any peeking!), you actually fail to find the name. After what appears to be a botched attempt at entertaining and mystifying the crowd with an experiment in telepathy, you whip off the hood to reveal you have now transformed into the exact likeness of the chosen celebrity. A hilarious smash climax that will bring the audience to their feet!

***Please note that the 39 royalty-free images in the book were chosen so that they would be recognized by almost anyone from around the world. Here is just a sampling of SOME of the celebrities that you will find in the book: Albert Einstein, Queen Elizabeth, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Arnold Schwarchenegger, Superman, Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, Bruce Lee, John Lennon, Nelson Mandela, Madonna, Princess Diana, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Tom Cruise and Gandhi. In addition, you can be rest assured that an audience of any age will have no doubt in their mind not only who the revealed icon is, but also that you look exactly like them when the red fabric bag is removed.

The Red Carpet comes complete with everything you need to perform the full routine, including all props, gimmicks, the detailed 8 minute audience-tested comedy script, a performance DVD, and live and broadcast performance rights.

Each trick is hand signed, numbered and comes in an authentic metal film-reel canister from the movies!

AND…

After many requests we have finally released THE BONUS FEATURE kit for use with your “The Red Carpet”. With this kit, you will be able to force an additional 3 characters from your sketchbook!

All of these characters were chosen as they are recognized by most everyone from around the world. The kit includes everything you need for the 3 extra reveals, including instructions, a presentation idea, and the additional 3 sets of 40 custom-embossed yellow numbered discs that exactly match the ones in the original trick (120 extra discs total).

I say:
What a package! The whole thing is beautifully presented and every need is catered to. I’m surprised that you don’t actually get Jason Palter in the film can dutifully wrapped in protective tissue to take you through the whole thing! All you need to do is read the instructions, watch the DVD, empty some chips into a bag and you are set.

The effect plays out very logically and offers a genuinely surprising and comic sucker punch to what could have been a pretty pedestrian mentalism routine, those differences really do kick this effect into another category altogether. Off-the-shelf quality… a rare beast indeed.

The effort that has gone into this product is clear; The Red Carpet is quality all the way through. The chips are well made and of a decent size. The colouring of them is equally logical and well considered. The bag that the chips go into is very slick indeed (the best I’ve seen) and the red cloth sack you fit over your head is very sexy…ok, maybe that’s an exaggeration but it is nice. The effect is as easy as it gets to perform and you really can concentrate on having fun with building up to a thoroughly entertaining climax.

The Red Carpet: The Bonus Feature is equally well appointed. You get a bunch of the bits you need to offer some variations for the basic routine and what’s more, you get a nice comic climax variation and props as well…blimey! I know I haven’t said much about the “bonus Feature” but it is simply a good deal and gives you loads of options in terms of performances.

In conclusion:
If you want to perform mentalism or mental magic in a classic, formal setting (although this could be done for small informal groups without too much concern) and you like a broad and punchy ending then this could well be a seriously good investment for you.

The celebrities in the lushly illustrated “portfolio” you present to the spectator are pretty international. Some of them are more “North American” than others but for those of us in the “uncivilized world” this is easily overcome without any hardship and it will have NO bearing on the final effect or audience reaction and that’s what this is about…reaction. This isn’t a magician fooler…thank goodness… I mean honestly, who cares? No, this one is for the audience and I think they will be very well entertained indeed and YOU, as a performer, will actually enjoy performing it.

Rating 1-10: A super-solid and commercial 9.5 out of 10
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

WOW! Tom, that was such a nice review; thank you so much for those wonderful comments! I'm glad that you are really enjoying my trick, and despite what you wrote, I still think you're civilized! lol

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts, Tom (and everyone else for that matter). Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited/Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4191 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm late to the party...don't roll up the rug yet!

What an extremely lovely package of magic "The Red Carpet" is.
So well produced...the entire product is simply top notch and very well presented.

It is hard to imagine anyone not finding this routine highly entertaining fun, audiences certainly will.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
This looks good and I'm pretty close to a purchase. Two questions:

First, I typically shy away from number-type forces because they seem, well, forced. Is there some justification for the chips? Is this force strong enough, as it seems that any magical outcome in the routine is riding on it?

Second, for those that are using this for large groups, how do you handle using a mike when you have a bag over your head?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4191 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
The justification for the chips is just fine. The force is unusually strong with this routine as all interest is completely upon the celebrity sketches and the performer with a bag over their head.

Handling a hand held microphone with a bag over your head is very funny visually...you will incorporate it readily into the bit.
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
Force will really go unnoticed with the right patter, people will not even think that you could have somehow forced anything....

As Eddie sad,mike is not a problem at all....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 12:29, bsears wrote:
This looks good and I'm pretty close to a purchase. Two questions:

First, I typically shy away from number-type forces because they seem, well, forced. Is there some justification for the chips? Is this force strong enough, as it seems that any magical outcome in the routine is riding on it?

Second, for those that are using this for large groups, how do you handle using a mike when you have a bag over your head?

The outcome is the entire routine. Get to it anyway you can and you are golden. I personally use one of those Internet bags by Bavli I believe. Mic is easy to handle no problem.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hey guys,

I thought I would chime in here. I have owned Jason's "Red Carpet" for over a year and I even bought the expansion pack for it last summer.

I have never met Jason or conversed with him in any way and my opinion here is simply as a user of this fine effect.

First I would like to say that it plays very well and the surprise ending really can't be beat. The props are very well made and for the price, I was happy as a clam. I have used it in my more corporate formal and black tie events and it always goes over extremely well. I will add that I have taken the patter that Jason uses and customized it to be my own stye which any of us should do anyway as our own styles are what make us truly entertaining and unique to our audience.

My performance is a little more risque and I get away with some very colorful humour when the "red carpet" is on my head. I also incorporate the assistant (always female) in my case in a very funny manner that involves me being, lets say very close to her while presenting the effect and especially when the "hood" is over my head and some harmless touching as well. I won't go into details with that as it is what makes it my unique adaptation but lets just say I get a whole lot of extra laughs for about a minute just with my addition.

Please note, The Red Carpet is one of those very few comedy stand up mentalism/magic routines that will get you quite a few "comedy" bits, laughter and a very unique presentation. I have even added music to a couple of the expansion presentations as well.

Once again, I have never met Jason, emailed him or had any contact with him whatsoever so this is my humble, honest and REAL opinion on his product.

Jason has made this routine super easy to do and it will really allow you to open up your character and act the whole way through. That is my kind of magic folks!

Well done Jason,

Tony Chris
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I have to agree this is such a good routine I sometimes use it as a closer. It even works in kid shows if you tell the kids not to blurt out the sketch selected. It is really powerful as you fumble and embarrass yourself, sighing loudly under the blindfold bag and making excuses and wild guesses . . .

I have spoken with Jason Palter once, but have no other connection or reason to give anything other than my honest view, which is a wholehearted endorsement. This is one of my half dozen best tricks . . .
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
It sounds like a great product? I'm impressed by the reviews sounds like it is worth buying and carrying.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Let me first thank you for those great comments; I'm so glad that you are enjoying my trick! I met with Jeff McBride in Las Vegas last month, where Peter Loughran, Steve Brooks and I were debuting Tenyo Elite at the World Magic Seminar. Jeff and I had a chat about the effect (which he uses in his show, loves, and was very kind to give me a wonderful testimonial which you will see on my site on "The Red Carpet" page: http://www.paltergeist.com/theredcarpet.php). He was mentioning how incredibly simple the trick is to perform, and how it allows you to focus on the presentation and entertainment of your crowd. The 8-minute script was carefully crafted to allow you to add parts (and take away of course) if you'd like, and as Tony Chris said, it does truly allow yourself to be free with your "character" and have fun with it.

Secondly, in regards to the microphone questions, may I also add that this is covered in the instructions (for handheld AND headset mics), so there should be no problem at all during performance.

We have these in stock right now and they are available directly from our site (or just call me). Anyhow, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
david alan
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of david alan
Just a note of praise... Those of you who are worried about the small stuff...
Re: The force, The reveal.. etc. Please remember that this is a piece comedy magic. If you are a are "serious" performer, don't even try this effect. It takes a little bit of comedic skill to entertain with this effect. Check out an effect called "The Silent Treatment". This is a great effect also but it is not for everyone. Don't do it if you feel intimidated by it. This is not ment to be mind-alreting magic. ( aka: David Blaine or Chris Angel). This is pure satire with a touch of magic. In my shows, this absolutely kills. It's not always about the magic... We are entertainers. Purchase your magic wisely.... http://www.dbmagic.net
david alan
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of david alan
Also a note to Jason.. Love the effect... keep up the great work....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL