The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-10-25 08:25, Jason Palter wrote:
(and if you're in the mood, also check out Chris Korn's comments on the top of the "Third Degree Burn" page too! lol).

Check me if I'm wrong but I think his comment is misleading to someone that doesn't own the effect. "I don't have anything on me but...". You might as well have a deck of cards on you if you remembered to bring Third Degree Burn.

Not saying TDB is a bad effect, in fact, I think its a great effect. Just that you and Chris should "edit" that comment, that's all.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great comments and reviews! "The Red Carpet" has been selling very well----thank you for the business!

Well, I wanted to let everyone know, that after many requests THE BONUS FEATURE kit for use with your “The Red Carpet” is now available. With this kit, you will be able to force an additional 3 characters from your sketchbook! All of these characters were chosen as they are recognized by most everyone from around the world. The kit includes everything you need for the 3 extra reveals, including instructions, a presentation idea, and the additional 3 sets of 40 custom-embossed yellow numbered discs that exactly match the ones in the original trick (120 extra discs total).

These are available directly from our site right now, and should be in stores in the coming weeks. If you have any questions or would like ordering information, please do not hesitate to contact me or visit the site. Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I just used the Bonus Feature Kit this week and all I can say is it got the biggest response I've ever had with The Red Carpet. Of all the things I did that evening, including an effect that cost me over $600.00 The Red Carpet (bonus feature kit) got the biggest laughs and punch. If you've got The Red Carpet, then you need to get the Bonus Feature Kit or if you're thinking of purchasing The Red Carpet, make sure to include the Bonus Feature Kit with your purchase. I'm not paid to say any of these things, and I'm not saying anything that I haven't told Jason. I'm still on a high with the response I got. This is for the Pro's

It give it 5 Rabbits
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I will be performing the Red Carpet with one of the Bonus Reveals in about two weeks. I am interested to hear about which one you used. I know you can't share here, as part of the "bonus" is the character revealed. Would love to hear about it in a PM if you cared to share. I could share with you the characters so you know I have it.

Glad to hear it played well for you!

RevJohn
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11625 Posts

Profile of John C
Great effect. I performed it over 20 times in the past two weeks. The Bonus reveal, one of them, is terrific. Lots you can do with it. One Bonus reveal is weak, I will probably never use it. There could have been a different one included that would have been MUCH better.

I will have to say that my bag--the special one--ripped during a show after about 10 shows. Not a disaster but I had to chuck it and buy another.

Could do without the metal reel case and included a brief case instead. I immediately placed everything in a brief case. Much easier to carry and perform out of.

All in all I am happy as he-- with Red Carpet.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
What was the gist/bottom line of the Genii review of Red Carpet...I'm missing that issue.
Thanks, Dave
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

It has recently come to my attention that I might be losing sales to magicians outside of North America who are potentially thinking of purchasing "The Red Carpet". This is because these customers may possibly be under the impression that the celebrities/characters in the supplied sketchbook book (and the revealed character) are only recognizable in North America. On the one hand, I can't really can't blame anyone for possibly thinking this, because the images that are shown by the spectator in the demo video are only a few celebrities from the USA (of course that's just how the routine happened to go on that day at the event where the video was shot).

So I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that the 39 royalty-free images in the sketchbook were specifically chosen for the trick, so that they would be recognized by almost anyone from around the world. Here is just a sampling of just SOME of the celebrities that you will find in the book: Albert Einstein, Queen Elizabeth, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Arnold Schwarchenegger, Superman, Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, Bruce Lee, John Lennon, Nelson Mandela, Madonna, Princess Diana, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Tom Cruise and Gandhi. In addition, you can be rest assured that an audience of any age will have no doubt in their mind not only who the revealed icon is, but also that you look exactly like them when the red fabric bag is removed. The description of the trick on my site (and on the sites of dealers who carry the trick) has been updated to reflect this information.

Of course, the the 3 additional characters that are revealed in "The Bonus Feature" for "The Red Carpet" are also very easily recognizable around the globe as well.

As I said, I just wanted to ensure that I cleared up any possible confusion. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I got the Red Carpet a few months ago and just got the bonus pack. I'd have to say that the props used in this are quality. I was particularly impressed with the quality of the special something included in the original effect and if you've ever priced out quality ones you'd know that they aren't cheap. I know which character John is talking about in the bonus pack and I agree with him that it is not as stong of a reveal. The other two though are definately strong and easily recognizable by any crowd (even international).

I also was impressed the the speed and throughness at which Jason answered any questions/concerns I had about these products. I just can't wait until he releases the pdf with bonus tips and routines for the Red Carpet (which he's offering free to those who register their purchase on his website). I would definately recommend this product and say that it is worth the price.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Red Carpet is definitely worth the price. It's a great closer for family shows and even kid birthdays if you prime them not to blurt out the characeter selected. Also, I imagine, it must be quite good for mentalists. It's versatile, surprising, and I particularly enjoy it even in kid shows as it allows me to initially highlight - as a closer - the "wizard in trouble" nature of my character - but then, at the surprising last reveal, show them that "I may be a fool, but not as great as they had thought." It lets the audience and me both have a laugh, and it allows me a redeeming finish, and a routine I can really have a lot of fun with (feigning humiliation as I "miss" guess after guess before the reveal).

My only quibbles are two: 1) the film case it comes in is clever but utterly impractical. The designer said that those who complained about it were being petty, but after months of storing the film reel container in my basement, I agree. It doesn't fit anywhere, may have added $10 to the cost of the trick, and is impractical as a carrying case. For the same $10 Palter might have sent a nylon carrying case, or just sent in a cardboard box and dropped the price (and shipping cost). It seems like a small point, but it's time to start putting a higher premium on conservation. 2) the bonus pack reveals do not maximize the variation of themes (i.e. holiday figures, historical figures, etc.) available in the sketch book. After learning from Palter what the "bonus" reveals were, I assembled my own additional reveals, and while the Wooden Nickel people who did my force number chips were probably not quite as professional as Palter's plastic ones (the printing is slightly different on each set), I have a much wider range of themes to illustrate with my final reveal (I've used Lincoln and Einstein, for example, and feel much better about the role models they represent to kids).

To my view as a college professor first and magician second, the reveals given reinforce a celebrity cult in our society which, especially at economic times like these when a premium should be placed on technical smarts, hard work, and expertise rather than just on "being a celebrity" through easy credit and easy living, the reveals don't send as strong a message as my materially inferior but symbolically far superior Lincoln and Einstein reveals.

However, this is a subtle point, I realize, and has no effect whatsoever on the excellent technical or theatrical aspects of the trick or the hilarious routine which comes with it (which lends itself to all kinds of personalization and "making it yours"). There are few tricks in magic which come with such built-in situations made for naturally humorous interaction with the audience. In my experience, this is one of the top three or four. After use in dozens of shows, it stands up as an outstanding premise well executed in design and routining by Jason Palter. Masks off to you.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
To add a constructive spin to my mild criticism (again, the trick is a great value, especially given the cost of far inferior tricks which - unlike this easily-ported show highlight - play flat and pack big), why doesn't Palter do an "educational show/school assembly" bonus pack? I'll bet there's still a market for some great historical figure reveals ... Would people be interested? If he's going to do it, I have a lot of suggestions for figures from the diverse sketch book, which does offer a wide range of characters to feature in the patter.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you for your comments. The characters that were chosen to be revealed (in both the original "The Red Carpet" and the "Bonus Feature") were chosen on purpose for various reasons, but the main reason is because they are EASILY recognizable by people of MOST AGES from ALL OVER the world. We had options to do other characters but the main concern was that some would not know who they were. For instance Wayne Gretzky is one of the characters in the sketchbook. He is arguably the greatest hockey player ever.....but in our research we found that not many outside of the USA and Canda knew who he was, so he wouldn't be a good choice as a reveal.....Yes it is ironic that in the demo video, Wayne Gretzky happens to be one of the people that the spectator randomly chooses at the beginning, but that's life! LOL!

Anyhow Mumblemore's ideas are great, but we again get into the above issues. Also the key is finding the special somethings.....and also at a reasonable cost to be able to include in the packaging!

The compliments from our purchasers on the range of characters that were included with both "The Red Carpet" and "The Bonus Feature" have been huge and numerous. However, that doesn't mean that there still can't be room for improvement. Who knows, maybe I'll release "More Bonuses Featured" in the near future!.....

If anyone has any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time and business everyone!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2001 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
This seems like a great effect! Then again so isn't star trick by Larry Becker and they do not hide who the final revelation would be so why is it such a big deal in this trick?
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2001 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
After watching the DEMO, wise choice on who is chosen.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to again mention what I had said before regarding the demo video, and to answer JSBLOOM's question.

As I wrote earlier in this thread: I really battled with this video issue. Do I even do a promo video? Do I show just the audience reactions? Do I show any portion so that you can see any of the included props and see that there is something you are getting for your money besides the full routine? Do I show the reveal at the end? etc., etc. I went through the same thing with my other two releases, and in the case of "Third Degree Burn" there were STILL complaints with the first video! I just find that often you're ***ed if you do and ***ed if you don't. You fellow creators/inventors, will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! lol

So what I did was consult some other professional performers (including some fellow creators like Richard Sanders, Peter Loughran, Aaron Paterson, etc.) to get their views. They are good friends of mine and along with the opinions of other pros who are not creators, I felt that I could get a good cross-section of thoughts on how to do the promotion of “The Red Carpet”. They all agreed with me that I HAD to release a promo video of it. And to be honest, they all agreed that I should cut it in the way it you see it now, so as to show more of the performance. They felt (and I agreed) that if I showed too much of the audience, then potential purchasers may be upset because they were not seeing enough of the performance. Or if I showed the reveal at the end, it may tip off too many "unscrupulous" magicians (and I don't need to tell you there are some out there) who might go and make it themselves. The method for "The Red Carpet" (like most great tricks and routines) is not particularly difficult. It has been designed to allow you to concentrate your efforts on the PERFORMANCE of this trick, not the method, and that's why audiences love it so much! To be honest, whether you know the method or not, it is the full props and AUDIENCE TESTED ROUTINE that you are buying (the props alone---without the sketchbook and its ROYALTY-FREE images---are worth over $100.00!). Again----damned if I do and ***ed if I don't!

To be honest, the only thing that everyone COULD NOT agree on was whether or not to show any part of one of the props that you see in the video. I reasoned that for $195.00 I had to show a bit of what you were getting prop-wise, if you catch my drift. Regardless of stating that you get "everything you need plus an 8-minute script, ready to go out of the box", some will still try to rip you off, right? So in the end, the video was cut in the way that everyone sort of thought is should be. But I can assure you that the climax was designed as something that will be recognized by ALL ages no matter what part of the world you are from. I suppose the only people who may not recognise the end result, are the people who still think the sinking of the Titanic is recent news! lol (it wasn't that funny when I posted this line earlier in the thread either! lol)

Sorry if the video disappointed any of you, but I hope you now better understand my reasoning.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11625 Posts

Profile of John C
I performed this again the other nignt. It was cool, I was at a halloween party and 80th bday for some woman. Well they also had an Impersonator at the gig. I always carry Red Carpet with me in a brief case.

The house was noisy of course with the dj and all but at the end of my close up gig I told them I would introduce the impersonator. I performed Red Carpet and it went over very well to say the least. RC is the simplest trick I perform and one of the funnest and most baffeling.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2001 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
The props shown were gorgeous. No need to see what happens if the hood comes off.
This can be left to the imagination.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you for those compliments; I really appreciate them. Johncesta that was a great story----nice idea to do the trick like that! lol

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
236 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I've performed this 3 times this month as a closer to my stand-up show. After I take off the bag I throw a kabuki streamer into the audience and take my bow. Highly recommended!
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Thank you very much for those kind words, John Gerard. I'm glad that you're enjoying it!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
okito25
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria BC Canada
145 Posts

Profile of okito25
Hmm well You all Pretty Much have the Jist of the the Magic .. But I believe I must say it is a Great Routine .. never before have I had the single biggest reaction .. for an effect .. Not once BUT three Nights In a row, Loved BY Both Adults and KIDS , and Just like the DVD , the ending reaction was the Same ... it had dramma .. suspense then a GREAT release
Great job Jason and Ari Soroka
Best for 2009
Paul (okito25)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL