The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Rio Bravo" or "El Dorado" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-07-18 10:39, Doug Higley wrote:
Huh?

Rio Bravo 1959

El Dorado 1967

Doh!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
The Cowboys...The best of all...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Any of you remember when they shot The Cowboys they had a contest and the winner got to be one of the kids on the show? I entered and lost. Just think, had I won I'd be a major Western star today and not a chubby magician.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Gee, did all those kids go on to careers in film? Trust me, you're better off as a chubby magician, you don't have to go to your agent begging for work!

I remember they mentioned they'd had a contest like that in "Superman," and the winners got to be in the football team that young Clark Kent is waterboy to.

I wondered if they had another one for "Superman II," because as Zod and company are terrorizing this town in what's supposed to be the "mid-West," a little kid runs up to Zod while he's levititating a farmer and says; "Please mistah, ("General") Please mistah General, please don't hurt my daddee!" In what sounded to me like a very strong English accent!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Rio Bravo.

Jeff
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Cowboys was really top notch. The recent DVD has an extra on it with a reunion of the kids as adults!

I also like Cahill US Marshall alot.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Mandrake, back then it had nothing to do with movies, I wanted to ride a horse!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Rio Bravo of course. I do like many of Waynes westerns. "The Searchers" is probably the best, but I like a lot of the ones mentioned.

And don't forget "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
When I was a kid...the 'gang' used to score on each othetr when at the movies in an odd way...when ever Lee Marvin came on the screen everybody would crack up and get into a "He's your Father" bit...and "Your Dad's so ugly" jokes. Marvin was not what you might call a favorite of us kids on the block. Actually to this day I find him a bit hard to take...but Liberty Valance was pretty good for an A' Western.
'B' Westerns were more a favorite due to the lack of polish. Smile

In the female Ugly actor catagory the kids would all shout "She's your Mother!" when Katie Jurado came on screen. I remember one movie she was in and the lead actor was supposedly 'after her' because she was so...uh...whatever and one of the kids once launched off his seat in a holy roller floor roll gagging act and was sticky for the rest of the day. Some of us liked Monster Movies...some liked Comedies and cartoons but we ALL went to the westerns. And had suitable reactions.
The cowboy who had everybody's respect was...Hoppalong Cassidy. Least was the midget Alan Ladd...in typical that's my Dad form when I asked for a Hoppy Gun, he brought home an Alan Ladd Cap Gun. Arrrrgh! I gave it to the block wimp for his birthday. Nice match. Smile
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Lee Marvin may not have been handsome. But he had "presence", Dude.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
So does Rosannes butt.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Ha! Lee Marvin got shot in the butt at the battle of Saipan.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You win.

Speaking of Saipan...do you know that one of my Dark Museums is regularly performed there? By one of our own Café regulars?

I just had to get that in...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2007-08-21 17:07, Vandy Grift wrote:
Ha! Lee Marvin got shot in the butt at the battle of Saipan.

Forrest Gump got shot in the butt(ocks) in Vietnam.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thaks for the (ocks) lobo...we might have thought is was in the teeth or something. Smile
The Scary Librarian
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of The Scary Librarian
Rio Bravo! Mostly because I am a huge Dean Martin fan....
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Just picked up two of Deans best movies (no one else agrees with me), the Mat Helm double bill; Murders Row and the Silencers. How I remembered them and how they actualy are was quite a shock. Still, duelling hovercrafts, gotta love that!
The only super spy to drive a station wagon.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I liked James Coburn's "Flint" movies. Although the first one, where everything was fresh, worked best.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Rio Bravo" or "El Dorado" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL