The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic in Ecuador (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I’m going to expand a bit on a message I posted in another thread on this forum, believing that this is the right place and hoping that it may be of interest to the brethren magi.

I’m from Ecuador, and if you do a search you will find that I am probably the only Ecuadorian on this forum. I thought there were not many magicians or people interested in magic in my small South American country. Fortunately, I have been proven wrong. About one year and a half ago, in Quito, a group of friends of magic formed the "Círculo Ecuatoriano de Ilusionismo" (CEI). I only joined recently because I was unaware of it and because I had been away from the country for several years (was living in France). It’s a magic club and a school of magic which meets alternately on Mondays for magicians and students, respectively. The purpose of the club is to promote magic as an art and as a hobby. On one Monday the magicians get together to perform for each other and share effects. The following Monday the doors are opened for a small group of laypeople seriously interested in learning magic and respecting the craft. Our country has a very rich culture and is full of talented people in the arts: writers, poets, actors, musicians, painters, sculptors, dancers yet, oddly, very few magicians. The CEI strives to change this.

The magic tree begins to bear fruits. Last night my wife and I attended a wonderful two hour magic show, in a beautifully restored theater in the quaint historic quarter of the city. I was impressed by the talent of the two professional performers that put on a show that included stage, close up, mentalism and a good dose of comedy. Both are members of the CEI. As part of the evening, the best student of the magic school (about 15 or 16 years old) was invited on stage to perform. He was very good. I left that old theater feeling wonderful. I am confident that magic has a future in Ecuador! Wish us luck.

Saludos,

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
106 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Buena Suerte Jose
"May the Magic be with you"
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Gracias, hermano.

That´s quite kind of you. Thanks for your support. Tomorrow the CEI will be hosting a show and lecture by German magician Julius Frack. It´s nice when brother magos come this way, share their talents and lend their support to our small but hopefully growing magic circle.

Saludos,

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic in Ecuador (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL