The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PK Touches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
I have not purchased Banacheck's PK touches yet, but I may or may not depending on the responses to this thread.

Is PK Touches practical in a haunted house? Can I talk to someone and all of a sudden have them think something is touching their shoulder?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Hmmm - you couldn't really use it to create the exact situation you describe.

However, you could still use it as an 'experiment' in spirit communication if you approached a small group and asked for a couple of volunteers ...
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
In a haunted house situation it might be tough to use... it takes a few good solid minutes of undivided attention on the part of your spectators... I can see one or two possibilities for incorporating it in a haunted house, but there are definitely better venues.

This does not, however, mean in any way I don't recommend it. I have had it for three months and it is worth every Penny if you're willing to put in the work. I've only performed it once, but the response I got was a friend looking me in the eye and saying "I know most of what you do is bs. but sometimes you really do scare me a little..." With those words it paid for itself. Even if you can't use it for the house get it, you won't regret it.
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Thanks for the help, both of you. Another question: Is pk touches a manual or a gimmick?

In my haunted house I do have a few minutes of undivided attention every now and then. We are famous for being one of the most theatrical haunted houses in the country.

Jonathan

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Quote:
Is pk touches a manual or a gimmick?

It is a spiral bound manual. There are two versions of this available - one is a limited, numbered, signed edition. The other is an 'ordinary' version. As far as I'm aware both contain the same information

Either one is very good value for money.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Banachek's stuff is usually good, but for a haunted house context I would definitely leave that out. And, I hope you were not thinking of using it as a closer!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
This topic has been discussed quite a bit in the past. Perhaps this will help:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
Just a great trick and so clever, you'll scare them out like little tiny rabbits !!!
Franfran's magic, the real French Touch!
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Got the book some time ago. I'm just waiting for the perfect group of people to try it on. I want to get used to doing it with close freinds before doing it for random people.

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
It has never gone wrong for me, but practice and presentation is essential. With some care, this is much more than an effect -- it's theater!

Smile
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Could someone please give me a souce to buy from so I can check it out. Thanks
When I feel blue I start to breath again
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Got it coming in 7 to 10 days. Thanks for the site.
When I feel blue I start to breath again
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
Dark Illusionist,

I'd been giving strong consideration to using "PK Touch" to entertain the line at my haunted house. I always thought it would be a great way to get the crowd psyched up for the haunt.

Rob
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Dear Cogliostro

I have been giving that thought but the other day I had another wonderful idea. I perform the perfected card rise. Essentialy it is a variation on Jeff McBrides Kundalini Rising. Anyway my patter is about ghosts, and the card rising is because of a ghost so I was thinking of performing this with PK touches. It could realy scare people

Jonathan

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
My advice would be don't just do what it says in the book. If you take the basic principle and add a bit of creativity you can create some interesting effects that would be great for a haunted house scenario !
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

DarkKnight

The presentation in the book could be great for some people. It is however not my character and I would never present it that way. However, if it works for you then go or it.

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Quote:
The presentation in the book could be great for some people. It is however not my character and I would never present it that way however if it works for you then go or it.

Good thinking Dark illusionist, as I have seen a few magicians get busted and ruin this effect because they performed it in the wrong setting, and it did not fit their persona.

JR
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
PK Touches requires a great deal of skill to carry the routine off effectively. It is largely a performance based effect and really does need to originate from and be true to your character in order to maximize the impact.

In the right setting with the right atmosphere and when everything is working well, PK touches can create a highly charged sense in the audience. A moment to relish...
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Excellent point by ALEXANDRE.
It is more of a theatrical performance piece.
I have a few versions of it that I use, for different settings and with different storylines.

One thing I always make sure I do is to give it a strong emotional pull.

One point you may like to consider DAR is that combining it with other things could weaken it. I think it is a piece which should stand on its own.

Remember "Less is more!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PK Touches (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL