We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Franky Houdini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1231 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
According to his website, this chap is a relative of Harry Houdini. Anyone know anything more about him?

http://www.frankyhoudini.com.au/index.php
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Not sure about this guy- go to the "Houdini escapes" page and scroll to the bottom right corner. See the USD SJ pic with the burning rope? Isn't that actually Ace Starry? Hmmmmm.........
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
The photo with the model and the headchopper is right out of the Owens Magic Catalog with a different face pasted on it.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Tim,

Not sure who he is or even if he has permission to use The Magic Castle's photo and name on his website in the deceiving manner in which it's displayed. The picture is the AMA's Magic Castle, not the castle in Germany. But you knew that....

Hay, best wishes and blessings to you and Sue-Ann!

Joe Marotta
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Looks like heap of big BS,,,still all`s fair in love and Showmanship!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You missed a big out ....

A BIG heap of big BS

Ham it up is one hting but to nick other peoples pictures to show how good you are is pants!

Old mans smelly Y fronts (just ask Ken he may have a pair after his arrest .... or did you have to leave hem in the cell Ken?)
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I sense Hanky Panky if Franky is Harry.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Thank god he's not a descendent of Jay. It'd be The Hanky Panky of Franky Sankey!!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
LOL. Can we all say DE-LU-SION-AL! I think I will email him and see what he has to say.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Uhm... yeah... this cat is a bit creepy. That IS indeed a picture of Ace Starry escaping from the SJ with the burning rope! But if you go to the pic on Franky's site and right click for properties, he even renamed it "frankyburning.jpg"... but it's definitely 100% Ace Starry. Bewteen THAT and the blatent cut and paste of his head on the Owens Catelog pic... well... what more can I say than... ugh.

Houdini is either applauding feverishly from the grave.... or flailing violently trying to escape from the beyond to smack this guy upside the head!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Well I decided to send a nice, calm, little email to him. Will see if he responds and will keep you updated if and when he responds.
Wolflock
South Africa
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hey wolf can you post a copy of the email here? I would be interested to see what you said to him.

Of course he could well have done all these things but not got any pictures! In which case that was a bit dumb! I try and get pictures of most of my stuff – so I can use them later if I need to.

Any way – it would be interesting to see what he says.

Thanks Dave
Oge
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Oge
Agree with dave it must be interesting to see what he said on the mail...

cheers,
oge
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I will post what I have sent him. Not harsh stuff but very warning, cautious type one. Hold on...

Good Day to you Franky

I would like to ask a few personal questions if possible. Is there a reason for using a picture from the Owen's Magic catalogue to which you have cut and pasted your head on? Ans Does Ace Starry know that you have a picture of him on your sight which you have named frankyburning.jpg? Does the Magic castle know that you have pics on your site of the castle? I believe that they have certain rights which disallow you to use their picture. If not, I am sure you will be hearing from them soon.

Regards
Wolflock

Still No Reply Yet!
Wolflock
South Africa
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
It's got to be a hoax. On his .pdf file he has this to say about himself...

In 1992 magicians everywhere were stunned to see a "street magician" perform in his own way and become the ‘magicians’ magician’ and hit the TV headlines. A total unknown Franky Houdini thereafter became Australia’s Only fulltime leading Magician, Comedian and Escape Artist.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Like Ken says Its BS which ever way it turns out!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2122 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I want to go see him live. Apparentley he is just a head, no body and he sticks his head to all different bodies. I think that would make escapes a piece of cake. He can naw through any rope or chain with his adamantium teeth.

I wish him luck with his Chinese water torture cell.

M:C
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Still no reply.
Wolflock
South Africa
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Wolf I don't think you are going to get one!
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 23:05, freefallillusion1 wrote:
Not sure about this guy- go to the "Houdini escapes" page and scroll to the bottom right corner. See the USD SJ pic with the burning rope? Isn't that actually Ace Starry? Hmmmmm.........

As a matter of fact that is a picture of me. I just wrote Franky's web designers a nasty little note.
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Franky Houdini (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL