The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » From the magic world to the gambling world... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 04:50, Andrew Wimhurst wrote:
Come on now, Andru. Does this guy have a choice about all of his stuff being picked apart by a bunch of magicians who want everything for free? How would you feel?

Seeing as Doc's previously said something along the lines of "demos are instructional" and is always encouraging people to take what little information he offers and work out what they can from it, I figured that in this case it was appropriate. I don't think that I offended Doc, since he wished me good luck with the deal. If Doc says that he's offended, I'll be quick to apologize.

Or are you just jealous that I'm flirting with someone else's false deal besides yours? You know it doesn't mean anything, right Gus? It was just a little fun on the side. Every card I deal, I deal for you. Smile

Andru
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Andru you did not offend me and you are right demos are instructions for you to learn from and to trigger your brain into making up stuff. It is my opinion that you and Andrew both are right because I did the same as you did when learning and still doing it. When ya'll don't write or write feed back I can't learn or pick your brain and when I can't do that there is no need for me in keeping up my video therefore I take my footage down. In other words one hand is suppose to wash the other one and both is suppose to wash the face meaning I learn from ya'll just as much as y'all learn from me but ya'll think or act like I have all the sense when in all actuallity I don't. I'm still a student wishing and wanting to learn more just like ya'll.

Now regarding this guy not having a choice about his middle and greek deal being put up...he gave me permission to do so after I showed him various videos of moves that he never saw before. With amazement he told me "but Doc I already made this up," and then showing me his version of it and then "but Doc I already made that move up years ago": it should be noted that this hustler is in his mid 60's.

His skill shows y'all what one can do if they really put their mind to doing something. I'm good because of y'all, he's a genius because he accomplished all of what I tried to do and not being able to read.

Note: This is The Only Hustler that I've met on the road that measure up to the tales that one hear about in our magic books besides Steve F.

P.S. Steve I wish you all the luck in your case and Andrew thanks for your compliment, it means a lot coming from a expert middle dealer like yourself.

Respectfully,

Doc
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
DOC, that is a great clip.
mike herbert
View Profile
New user
mike herbert
53 Posts

Profile of mike herbert
What I like about your clips Doc is that they show it lke it is, no fussing around, I am still watching your cold deck expose vid, over and over. Each time I learn something new.

Your friends deals are so fluid, and look so easy, and I thought that the mirror was a nice touch, allowing two views at the same time.

Mike
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Looks Guy Hollingsworth.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
I thought that the mirror was a nice touch, allowing two views at the same time.

Mike

The mirror is my 5-way practice mirror and it's always there when I practice. It was no added touch...it was there so that he could see how his deal look while he was dealing so when I filmed him it just happened to be there.

Take Care and thank you for your compliments

Doc

Posted: Jul 20, 2007 7:31pm
Quote:

On 2007-07-18 02:44, Unknown419 wrote:
Hey Vandy imagine this...someone has replaced his 4 to 8 cards for yours. This is what will happen in a Georgia Skin or Whoppi Game of which many of ya'll know nothing about.

Note: Those who understand what's happening keep it to yourself and those of you who don't well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3BMqHCTDc

Take Care

Respectfully,

Doc

I just want to say something to all you here gamblers/magicians. Y'all see how naive you are to what I showed you. What are you tallking about Doc? The footage of my friend pulling strippers. This technique that we use for our Georgia Skin games is a variant of what Dad Steven's did on Dai Vernon many years back; The Steven's Control Cull. This technique is how Steven's got his culled cards to the top of the deck and all he did after getting them there was to riffle stack. Bottom Line: This is how how I re-invented the Doc/Steven's Cull Control and no one mentioned anything regarding it.

You have eyes to see with but you still can't see therefore after today you won't see.

Doc
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 10:20, luvisi wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 04:50, Andrew Wimhurst wrote:
Come on now, Andru. Does this guy have a choice about all of his stuff being picked apart by a bunch of magicians who want everything for free? How would you feel?

Seeing as Doc's previously said something along the lines of "demos are instructional" and is always encouraging people to take what little information he offers and work out what they can from it, I figured that in this case it was appropriate. I don't think that I offended Doc, since he wished me good luck with the deal. If Doc says that he's offended, I'll be quick to apologize.

Or are you just jealous that I'm flirting with someone else's false deal besides yours? You know it doesn't mean anything, right Gus? It was just a little fun on the side. Every card I deal, I deal for you. Smile

Andru

No jealousy here. I think the man's deal is pretty as a picture. I've never been backward in coming forward and acknowledging good chops. Why would I? This isn't a competitive sport for me, just a hobby.

I'm just an old f@rt who believes in secrets and sometimes gets alarmed at the way stuff that is hard won gets shared pretty freely. But if Doc and his friend are cool with it, then it's surely none of my business.

Best
Andrew
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Doc, I saw but you said to keep it to yourself... so I did.

Quote:
Note: Those who understand what's happening keep it to yourself and those of you who don't well....
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 19:58, Andrew Wimhurst wrote:

No jealousy here. I think the man's deal is pretty as a picture. I've never been backward in coming forward and acknowledging good chops. Why would I? This isn't a competitive sport for me, just a hobby.

Aw crud. That's what I get for trying to be funny. No, I didn't think you were jealous. It was a joke, and obviously a poorly delivered one if I gave the impression that I was being serious.

Quote:
I'm just an old f@rt who believes in secrets and sometimes gets alarmed at the way stuff that is hard won gets shared pretty freely.

I keep quite a few things under my hat, especially when they're given to me in confidence. For some reason, probably Doc's generally encouraging attitude, it just didn't occur to me to be secretive in this case.

Andru
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Muy bad, amigo. I must be tired.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
That's it. I'm learning how to middle deal.

Doc thank you very much for sharing these videos and thus giving us a window into something many would ordinarily simply not get to see. It is very much appreciated.

Also I think it is a shame how talented creative people such as your friend will not really get recognized for their worth. Of course he happens to be operating in a field of dubious moral substance where fame sometimes hurts, and it's not fame he's after but money. Nonetheless he has shown tremendous creativity and talent in developing the move and ambition in practicing it to the point where it looks very well. This is a task many others have failed. I hope he is at least making a decent living.

All the best to you and your friend, and thanks again for sharing,
Andrei
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Doc, I came late to this thread and you've already pulled the video? What's up with that?

Your friend Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » From the magic world to the gambling world... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL