The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Halloween Effects in Regular Shows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys.

I'd just like to see what you guys think about using Halloween type effects in your regular 'everyday' shows...

I mean, what is the point of buying a magic prop w/ routine, and only using it for a few shows?
Do you guys have any Halloween effects that you use in ALL of your shows, no matter if it's halloween or not?

I'm mainly talking about effects like Forgetful Frankie, Gary The Goofy Ghost, and the such.

Thanks guys!
-Vinnie
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Vinnie -

Although I don't do any Halloween themed shows, I know some performers that do. And they do dozens of them every year. Because of this, they are using the prop in many shows, but most likely seasonally.

For me, I have another example like this. I have a number of props that I only use during the Christmas season, that are themed for that season's shows. They only get used that month of the year.

- Donald

P.S. It's a personal choice whether to use theme props in your regular shows at other points in the year. I think one year, David Ginn did a Magic and Monsters show for his schools, so he didn't just use props during a certain month.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Like Donald, I reserve Halloween props for Halloween, Christmas props for Christmas, etc. Yeah, it site on the shelf for 11 months, but I have lots of props that have sat on the shelf for 11 years!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Anyone else please? =]

Thanks...
-Vinnie
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Well....I use Skeleton In The Closet along with Arthur Steads "Skullopini" cd with great success all year round. I have teens comment that the music was cool. I call the skeleton my freind Mr. Bones. I have done b day parties, where kids have saw me before, and noticed I did not perform this. They will ask me :"where is your friend at?"

Just my 2 cents.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Vinn my man, if Christmas can be year 'round - why not Halloween? I am putting a "Kid Gore" character together for year 'round.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Great guys!! I'm really looking forward to getting Forgetful Frankie and Gary The Goofy Ghost, and can't wait to add it to my shows! =]

Thanks for the help!
-Vinnie
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
I think that any routine can be used in any show as long as it fits........for example if your doing a reading themed show you could talk about the book frankenstein (written by a girllll LOL) and then go into forgetfull frankie etc.
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
Chubby Harris
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Chubby Harris
I offer my halloween show all year, when bookers ring I offer my standard show, or a brand new(?) show called "Big monsters for little horrors" which in a nutshell is my halloween show, and it does get booked quite abit....simple.
"Believe in the Magic of your dreams"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Halloween Effects in Regular Shows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL