The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The best card levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
m4g1c
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of m4g1c
I've had the same idea, just have not found a way to make it happen.
Hope you pick up where I left off, looking foward to the demo Smile.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Probably an earplug.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Harv,

I learned my lesson. The earplug (used in Alida to float a card)was too way out for magicdom in general. Plus, the spectator could not look under or lift the card. That was the biggest fault - the spectator could not look at THEIR whim.

One of my personal targets when creating Cosmosis: The Original Floating Match, way back in 1986, was that the spectator be able to "take the floating match out of the air."

Since that time, I've wanted to do the same thing with larger objects. Cards specifically - because I love card magic.

20 years later, the solution is at hand. The spectator may grab the floating card and look under it. They find nothing attached to the card. They find nothing under it. It's performable with most brands of playing card, is instanty repeatable and can be performed surrounded. If you're the kind of performer who is happy to leave home with a deck or two in his pockets, then you will be set to perform this new effect at any time. It is SO practical it's scary.

Full info is now available at http://www.wowbound.com
VIDEO DEMO AVAILABLE at wowbound.com (as appearing in Volume 1 of REEL MAGIC QUARTERLY)

No earplugs with the new effect, promise.

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Woah! I'm going to buy this right away? When does it come out? By the way, Quarks & Quirks is one of my favorite books!
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Hi Ben,
I will be one of your first buyer!
Can't wait for ENLIGHTENMENT!
WALTHER
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest.

I will try and refrain from any more comments because this will not be out for a little while. We cannot release the method until all the legals are sorted.

Quite seriously, the Floating Card application is just the tip of the iceberg. This will revolutionise micro-levitation. I know that's bold and brassy to say, but I've looked for this for 20 years, as have others.

A major problem with non-thread leviation has been solved, practically. And, it's so simple and "just right" that people will wonder "how can THAT have taken 20 years?"

Well, it takes 20 years because you examine every possible avenue. Every angle. Over and over until little variations mutate into fully fledged ideas and you go off on a new direction. 20 years later you "see" something new - fully formed - in your head. It's the result of all of those years churning the possibilities over and over in the mind. And, it ends up being so simple, direct and "right" you kick yourself.

So, anyway, enough of my ramblings. I really sound "full of myself." I don't mean to, I just get excited!

If you register at http://www.wowbound.com we'll be sure to advise you of any updates and the release of the INFO pack in the near future.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Sounds awesome. All the best in the development. Btw, 20 years? Bummer, I'm 20 this year
Ryan_B_Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Sugar Grove IL
244 Posts

Profile of Ryan_B_Magic
Sounds good ben
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Jon

You make me feel so old. My old floating match trick (Cosmosis) has been on the market longer than you've been flesh and blood. Whew! I think I'll sit down now!

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Ben, this looks great! I always look forward to your releases!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Enlightenment looks absolutely incredible.

But back to the topic at hand. Very funny, Rydogg6016. I just hope no one here is actually taking your post seriously.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Ryan_B_Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Sugar Grove IL
244 Posts

Profile of Ryan_B_Magic
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 10:07, Cameron Francis wrote:
Enlightenment looks absolutely incredible.

But back to the topic at hand. Very funny, Rydogg6016. I just hope no one here is actually taking your post seriously.

Why is this funny this is an amazing effect

teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Will not play for me
Why don't people put their stuff on Youtube?
It's so easy to use
Cheers
TJ
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Youtube ruins magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The best card levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL