The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Bank Night Presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Do you think it might be fun to present the bank night as follows.

"Three of these envelopes contain life changing, amazing, jawdropping prizes that will transform your life FOREVER"

(build this up so they know you are joking)

"The last envelope contains a prize that is great...but is no where near as good as the other three."

In the finale, three of envelopes contain One Million Dollar Bills which, as the spectators find them, I congratulate them and act really please about.

"Wow! A million bucks! You could do anything with that!"

When I open my envelope I say...

"That leaves me with the consellation prize. It's not a million bucks...but it will have to do...a $100 dollar bill"

And I pull out a REALL $100 bill.

Audience members get a nice fun prize, I keep the one hundred and everyone gets a giggle.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The problem with bank night, is the same as always. Once you give them the million, the joke is over so the next two are kind of a downer.

Everyone already figures you are going to get the hundred anyhow. If you had other joke prizes as a replacement for the million so there is variety.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Sounds great! I could bring out some of those terrible old jokes like

"A Solar Power Clothes Dryer"
"A Toy Yoda"
"A Five Carrot Ring"

I don't tell them about the hundred until I reveal it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't think telling bad jokes is the answer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
I disagree.
Bad jokes, or puns, can be very amusing in the right hands. Putting some humorous item in each envelope, I think, could work very well.

Karrell Fox, in his book, "Another Book", has a great addition to Bank Night in which each envelope has a slip of paper with something humorous for the person to read. Sometimes it's about the performer, other times about the spectator.

Karrell was a funny man and a great entertainer.
Nicholas, don't abandon the funny just yet.
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Viva la groaners.

I've a couple more for you.pmed you.

George
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Nicholas

Quote:
A former employee of Hooters recently settled a lawsuit against the restaurant chain, after the restaurant gave her a “toy Yoda” doll (from the Star Wars films) instead of a “Toyota” she thought she had won after selling the most beer in an employee contest. After Jodee Berry won the regional promotion, she was blindfolded and taken to the restaurant’s parking lot to receive her prize. When the blindfold was removed, she was face-to-face with a toy Yoda Star Wars doll instead of a Toyota automobile. She filed a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation after she was told that the entire contest was a joke. Hooters ultimately agreed to pay for any Toyota Berry chose from a local dealership

Godfrey & Kahn, Attornies At Law
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Bank Night Presentation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL