The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Diplopia by Paul Vigil... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
A new release from incredible Magician Paul Vigil, anyone have this yet? Sounds interesting...

Quote:

Many have seen me perform this and have pleaded for her secrets...

This is something I have kept under wraps for the last few years.

It is available for $15 via paypal. paulvigil@hotmail.com

Here is the effect description...

A spectator’s deck is borrowed and shuffled. The spectator and magician both think of cards. This is a completely free choice. The spectator is asked to read the magician’s mind and remove the card they feel is being concentrated upon. The magician does the same. With no questions asked the magician finds the spectator’s card – and the spectator finds the magician’s!

And here is what the pros are saying...

“One of the most baffling card effects I have ever experienced! Now it can be in your tool kit.” – Jeff McBride

“I spend my life traveling around and believe me I have seen my share of card locations. I have never and I mean never, been so fooled by any other card location...EVER. When Paul finally got tired of me begging to know the method I was even more impressed at how clever it really was.” – Chris Kenner

"The effect and procedure are clear and well structured; imbued with mystery and impact. Your nuanced mix of methods is more than just clever combination or variation. Diplopia matters." – Michael Weber

“Impeccable.” – Paul Harris

“Paul Vigil is a great thinker of magic. He understands its intricacies and his effect called Diplopia is a great example. From a spectator’s view, I was thoroughly fooled and entertained. From a magician’s point of view, all of the necessary psychological ploys and subtle subterfuges are contained within and structured appropriately for maximum response. Diplopia is strong magic.” – Armando Lucero

"When Paul calls and tells me that he's got something cool to talk about, I listen. Diplopia is a great example of some of the purest work a mentalist can achieve with a borrowed deck - brought to you by none other than Paul Vigil!" – Alain Nu

“Devilishly Deceiving.” – Gazzo

"Paul Vigil has fooled me many, many times. Never however has he fooled me as badly as with this effect. It’s as clean as you could hope for and even more devious than you could imagine in your wildest dreams. It’s a perfect example of construction that elevates a card routine into strong, impactful mentalism. I can not recommend this highly enough as I simply do not think the English language contains words of high enough praise." – Luke Jermay

“Stunning! When Paul Vigil showed this to me my mouth dropped open.” – Eugene Burger

“Diplopia is an expert level routine taught to you with expert level instructions that will give you a glimpse into the mind of an expert working professional. Make sure you take the time to learn this one or someone will certainly fool you with it. Diplopia is a totally practical, totally baffling routine that you should add to your repertoire...I did!” – Bob Kohler

"Brilliant is what I said when Paul Vigil shared this with me. Paul has a way of elevating the presentation and delivery of an effect to levels that you would swear he is doing real magic. There is no exception here! This feels like the real thing." – J. Aaron DeLong

"Paul has smoothed out all the kinks and created a pure mind reading experience. Your audience will need a masseuse to work out the knots in their brains." – Raj Madhok

It is not for the beginner. This will take some serious work, but look at the quotes; it's worth it.

Hope to hear from a few of you,

V

www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Christopher,

I do have this . . . it is absolutely wonderful!!!

Highest recommendation; perfect work, IMO.

-Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Where is it available from ?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Paypal to Paul, near the top of my initial post
www.magicman13.co.uk

Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Chris,

I have been doing this effect for a while now and I am very excited for Paul, but extremely sad he is releasing it to the public. This is a great effect. I can't say enough about how good this effect feels to do to people.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Wow! A lot of praise for this routine. Even the people over at the Penny For Your Thoughts forum are giving this very high recommendations. If only I've got some funds, I would've jumped in and bought this straight away. I'm sure it won't disappoint..
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
It's also available here.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
This effect is DYNAMITE! I was so sure I was going to be disapointed, it just sounded too good to be true. Let me tell you - it isn't! Does exactly what it says on the tin and I doubt if this effect could look any cleaner, or any more impossible than it does with this method.

If this doesn't become a classic - something is VERY wrong!

Dave.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

I just ordered from the site given above, a review will be given shortly
www.magicman13.co.uk

Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
This effect is so good.....this brings life back to card mentalism for me..I am so excited to have this in my arsonal..This card effect does and looks like real magic..Im so excited to try this on people...but still learning the process as well right now..and its so fun to learn as well...Thanks Paul for putting out a wonderfull effect and Jerome for getting the word out on this awesome routine!
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I don't get it, the description is very vague.
The spectator finds the magicians card and vice versa. Are those cards written down so everything can be checked afterwards ?
Or does the magician just say: ' indeed, that's my card' en we must all believe that he's telling the truth.

Frans
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Nothing is written down. The spectator tries to read your mind. The card that the spectator thinks you (the magician/mentalist) are thinking of is removed from the deck by the spectator and placed into his/her pocket BEFORE you tell them what card you're thinking of - and the spectator gets it right - no joke!

Rick makes a good point. Some say that cards and mentalism don't mix. 'Diplopia' is surely a real thorn in the side of that argument!

Best thing I've bought in years and well worth 5 or 6 times the price.

Dave.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I get it, thanks Dave.

Frans
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
For those curious about this, the Emagicsupply link gives more details on the effect than the description above. After reading it, it made me decide to go for this.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I bought it, but was unable to download it. Bummer, hopefully they have good customer service to remedy this!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I am happy I have it - now I must erase all of your minds and destroy all evidence of its existence so that I alone can weild this fantastic power....

Seriously - it is that good....

As I posted in Penny - maybe we can start paying him to stop releasing it?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I just paypaled Paul is it an immediate download or do I need to wait for it to be manually processed. Looking forward to it.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-20 10:55, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I bought it, but was unable to download it. Bummer, hopefully they have good customer service to remedy this!

I'm in the same situation, can't wait to get a reply and hopefully get this, I've paid for it afterall!
www.magicman13.co.uk

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Steve Fearson has come through. There was a problem on their end with the download, he fixed it and e-mailed me the pdf file. Great customer service!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I just bought this and read through it a couple of times. It's very clever and I'll work on it some this weekend and see how it performs.

To give some added info on the trick for those considering it, I'll just say a few things. First, there are obviously other ways to achieve some version of this same general effect, i.e., with false shuffles and a memorized deck, for example. This trick is designed to work with a borrowed deck that the spectator can shuffle and, as such, I think is constructed as something of a "magician fooler." There are a couple of principles at work here, one of which I was familiar with (although not the specific method used to achieve this principle) and one of which I was not. In addition there are a number of psychological subtleties built into the effect as well as what on the second read revealed itself to be an exceptionally clean and logically motivated handling of the cards. In fact, I think the sequencing of events in this routine is actually what is the strongest about it, not the specific methods used to create the effect. Everything looks very above board here.

The sleight work here is minimal and, as someone else posted, perhaps on the "Penny for your Thoughts" board, the trick does require some concentration and mental work. In the instructions Vigil says that only an elementary school education is required to do this work; that's about right.

Ironically for me, the principal that I was familiar with is the one behind perhaps my favorite card trick (or, definitely, my favorite "reveal a chosen card" trick). I won't reveal that trick here because it would tip the method of "Diplopia," but I will say that the other trick requires a stack and this doesn't, so I'll probably wind up using this quite a bit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Diplopia by Paul Vigil... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL