The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Urine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Okay so I have a question for you all.

Maggie (The albino rabbit) never has peed or pooed outside of her cage. Chocolate(guess what colour he is) will poop outside of his cage but not pee.

Maggie just got a new carrying case. I put her in it so she could get used to it. I came back to her 2 minutes later she had peed in it.
I was wondering... did she just pee in it so that her scent is inside the cage?

Daniel
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Or could there be another reason as to why she did it?
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
I would guess that nerves got the best of the bunny.

-Vinnie
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I doubt it is nerves as Maggie has been in a rabbit wringer, another production, BA cage and a mini livestock production cage and has NEVER peed or pooed in any of them.

This is the first time Maggie has ever gone outside of her cage.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1610 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
The bunny peed to mark his spot--most animals do.
Anytime you put a bunny in a new cage or carrying case the first thing they do is mark the area as their own by peeing on a certain spot.
Old age will cause the bunny to pee a lot. As they get old , the kidney is the first organ that shows the wear and tear.
Richard (Tricky Ricky)
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Richard is right. That is why bunnies seem to 'liter train' easily. The truth is they like to find a spot to use and stick with it for the most part. They use their sense of smell to recognize the proper place to go. Most likely your bunny smelled where the other rabbit peed and thought it was the proper place to go.

Of course I am not a real bunny psychologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Smile

You'll have to ask the bunny to be sure.

Regan
Mister Mystery
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
"the other rabbit peed and thought it was the proper place to go"

She has never peed in any other props that were bought used and this carrying case was brand new.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
I stand corrected. Smile

Have a good night,
-Vinnie
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
We did a show today an hour and a half away today..Maggie didn't make one mess..
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
When you got to go, you got to go....

It could just be that she could not cross her legs any longer.

If you exercise your bunny a little before you put her in the case that would encourage her to go then. Most small animals go when they have been active.

I exercise by putting them loose in an enclosed area and let them run and play. I put both bunnies out but only take one to the show.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Billy.. maybe you didn't read my post carefully above... Maggie has NEVER gone outside of her cage. She will not even go on the grass.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Daniel:

It sounds to me like Maggie just thought she would try a new spot, it may just happen now and then. I had a rabbit that would do that kind of “testing” a few times a year. Rabbits do not mark every new location they go into. I use three different carriers and several load chambers, and rarely encounter pilling, and never peeing in those areas.

It is not likely that she was “marking” the area as most marking is done by whole (intact) male rabbits. Any “marking” that Maggie would do would be with special glands she has under her chin. She would mark certain toys and other thing is her environment that she especially likes. You may see her doing this “gland” marking now and then. Humans can not smell this secretion, but other animals can.

Territorial marking she would do would be more likely in an area that she considered her home (like her cage or hutch) and that would be done with pilling (droppings) more likely than peeing.

Bob
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Sometimes even I pee on my props.

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
All I can say is that the question is a real ****er . . . Sorry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Urine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL