The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My marriage proposal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I asked my girl to marry me last night, she said yes!

I realized after she said yes, how much planning & deception went into the whole thing.
First off, I had to secretly save money without her knowing about it (It's not easy hiding money from a woman!), then selecting the perfect ring for with no help from her.Once I had the ring( Beautiful, 1.6 Carat Black diamonds & white gold!),I had to figure out how to give it to her?

First off, I called her mother & asked for permission to marry her daughter, mom gave her blessing & was very happy that I asked her first.

On the way home from work, I stopped & got her a rose.I gave it to her & she placed it into a vase & put it in the living room. She was in the kitchen making dinner & I slipped the ring into the rose. A short while later she came into the living room & sat on the couch.

I sat down next to her & handed her a scroll tied with a piece of ribbon, I told her that this was my promise for the future. As she unrolled the scroll, she immediately saw the picture of the ring at the top. Below the picture was my promise for the future, saying that this was the ring that I intended to get for her, but I could not say when. I asked that her promise for the future for me, would be to say yes, when the day came.

She was very emotional & told me that of course she would say yes, but how could I ever afford a ring like that? I told her that it would take a long time, that is why it was a promise for the future.

She was very happy & had tears in her eyes as I walked across the room to get the rose I had given her. I told her I had intended to wrap the scroll around the rose & give it to her that way, but I had no way to hide the rose before she saw it.

I carried the rose back to her & stood in front of her & smelled it, then I held it in front of her & asked her if she had smelled it? As she looked down at the rose, her eyes twitched. She saw something within the petals & was unsure what it was.

I pulled out the ring, her eyes got huge!
I dropped to one knee & asked her to be my wife, I actually had to take her hand & open it up because she was in shock & was frozen. I slipped the ring on her finger(a perfect fit!), & she said yes!

We are both still a bit dazed, but very happy!

Mike
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Beautiful and classy, Congratulations!!!
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Aw man, nothing floated or caught on fire?
She didn't have to pick a card or nothing? Smile

You done good Mike. You're off to a great start,
now just don't blow it O.K? Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I did have to resist the temptation to make a trick out of it, in the end I feel it was the most magical thing I have ever done.

Mike
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
That was beautiful. All the best to you.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Congradulations.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Congrats
Cards never lie
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
Well done. Best of luck to both of you!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I guess I'm the only one who feels sorry for the lad.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 01:23, MagicSanta wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who feels sorry for the lad.

It's called learning. I'm happy to read that he did not try to get tricky with magic shop props and went instead with a sentimental presentation.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Thank you all for the kind words, my fiancee is still walking on clouds!

Mike
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Don't do it...
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-20 14:38, Justin Style wrote:
Don't do it...

What was I thinking? I just called the whole thing off! Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Cool! Jonathan, I was thinking the same way. Why some use magic to muck up an important event continues to dismay me.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Your technique was great, but I think you need to smooth out your presentation a bit. Besides that everything was great and every time I perform this one it SLAYS!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Mike, congrats man! I am so happy for you!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-20 15:18, Robert Apodaca wrote:
Your technique was great, but I think you need to smooth out your presentation a bit. Besides that everything was great and every time I perform this one it SLAYS!

I'm not planning on doing this one ever again!

Quote:
On 2007-07-20 15:24, Brian Proctor wrote:
Mike, congrats man! I am so happy for you!

Thanks Brother, I really appreciate it!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The proposal to the second wife will be smoother....
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Beautiful! Now when members ask what trick to propose with, I'll link them to this. Short of proposing to someone in your magic club, that's the way to do it. And the fact that she wasn't clued in to something when you brought home the rose, shows that your a classy guy. BRAVO & CONGRATS!

BTW Are you going to PM us the invitations, or should we all just show up? Smile
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ya know, we have brothels here where I live and I bet at least once some nut finally begged and pleaded his girl into a threesome and the hooker came out with the engagement ring around her neck and the guy thought it was a great idea of proposing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My marriage proposal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL