The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » O.K I've opened the Pack..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Josh,

You said " BTW I think Vandy is afraid to defend his earless card boxes, so he made up a fictitious character named Don Driver to back his position. Truly gutless IMHO."

I just got out a stright pin and stuck myself.It didn't hurt one bit and I didn't bleed.Maybe I am just a made up fictitous charactor from Vandy.

(Vandy,why didn't you tell me)

Don (maybe)
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Don I will vouch for your being real! Now everything else could just be a figment of the imagination but you My friend are very real!

B.t.w. I take the tabs (Ears) off my card boxes too. I picked that up from both Mike Skinner, and Allan Ackerman years ago!

Randy

P.S. Any word on when you will be in Vegas?
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Don,
Don't feel bad. I think we have all been fictitious characters, made up by Vandy, once in our lives.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
"People don't care about your card box."

No, People don't know that they care about your card box. The impression you make on others is formed by every thing you say, are, or do. Right down to the molecular level. Many of the things that make your impression on others work in concert, while others work against each other, working towards contradictory impressions.

The tabs on your card box aren't a particularly bold statement one way or the other. They are, however, an easy detail to attend. One way to make an impression, or part of one, is to make bold gestures and statements. The other, or part of another, is to make many many many small insignificant gestures or statements. If you wish people to believe you are something in particular, then it is best to be it in every way conceivable.

The image I like to present my audience with is a fastidious one. Therefore I tuck the tabs in, rather than tear them off. I do that along with a billion other little insignificant little things that all help to present that image.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Randy,
I just got back from an east coast trip.(Baltimore,Washington D.C.,New York City.

Carl is still very busy so I'm not sure.But I have your phone number and I'll call as soon as I know something.

Thanks for asking...
Don
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-07-25 08:15, JackScratch wrote:
If you wish people to believe you are something in particular, then it is best to be it in every way conceivable.

The image I like to present my audience with is a fastidious one. Therefore I tuck the tabs in, rather than tear them off. I do that along with a billion other little insignificant little things that all help to present that image.


I am who I am, I am not wishing for anyone to believe I am anything other than that.

There are few things as annoying to me as pretentious affectation. Especially in magicians.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Wow - interesting how this thread evolved. In the beginnning, I did not take it that serious.
Josh, what was your intention?
Cards never lie
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I'm quite certain it was a joke right from the start. That's the spirit in which I made my initial posts. All my "serious" posts on this thread were in resopnes to those who took this "issue" seriously.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
You guys are FUNNY!
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 13:35, Josh Riel wrote:
I must admit the original query was a bit tongue in cheek.



It was an outright mockery of the post about taking the sticky tape off the pack..... However, I must admit I have been enjoying the evolution.

Now, the tab thing was really useful to me, which I think I should be quite ashamed of (Although folding them in or tearing them out or leaving them the **** alone seems less an issue for conflagration than other topics).


Few have really given good advice about getting the pack out. Everyone tries to hijack these threads.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I was joking when I said Vandy's pun was funny. It was, in fact, stupid.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I love this discussion . . . thanks Josh
Cards never lie
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I do what I can, even less sometimes.


Josh#2, aren't you supposed to be working? I'm telling the other sofa salesman. You're gonna get in trouble.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Josh #2,
The clocks in Washington are 3 hours off. I work normal people hours.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Sorry guys. I refuse to assume that any question which is not outright absurd is a joke. I find that to be a slippery slope to disaster. The question asked could have been a legitimate one and certainly had legitimate answers. As long as that is true, I will contribute serious focus to the subject.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-07-26 10:31, JackScratch wrote:
Sorry guys. I refuse to assume that any question which is not outright absurd is a joke.


Well, it was a joke. And frankly the question is absurd ("Do I take out the oddball cards first, or everything at once?"). The person who made the post has told you that the post was an outright mockery.

But I encourage to you to continue to treat it as a serious topic. We would expect no less from you Drew, and it's hilarious to watch.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
STILL think you guys are FUNNY!



You crack me up.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
The more I think about it, the more I understand the challenge behind the question.
Cards never lie
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Remove the cards from the deck while at home by taking a razor and carefully slicing down the left front corner crease. Then open the deck flat, and scan it. Put a rather large piece of flash paper in a printer (not Laser Jet)and print the pack scan onto the flash paper. Then wrap it carefully around the deck, using a bit of damp potato starch to hold it together. Then carefull carry it in a Crown Royal bag to your venue. Remove the deck form the bag. Place it on a copper serving tray, and light it. If it is at all possible to include a duck bucket and a senator in the routine, it will increase the "wow" factor tenfold. If this seems like a lot of trouble to merely open a deck of cards, then you are lazy and may want to reconsider your decision to be a magician.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-07-25 19:35, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
I was joking when I said Vandy's pun was funny. It was, in fact, stupid.


That really hurts, because that was one of my better crafted puns. I agonizied over the wording of that for weeks. I take puns very seriously and you should to because the puns you use say a lot about you and your magic.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » O.K I've opened the Pack..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL