The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Help Identify Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Can anyone identify the vanish the Magi is using for the balls. It looks like a retention but it doesn't look posible to do the... since he is just holding it with two fingers, the rest being closed almost all of the way. Is he just really good at his retention or is this a different handling that I could maybe learn somewhere? Any sources would be helpffull.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Thanks,
-Buddy
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This is a standard move. Just curl the fingers in with the ball. The beauty of Benson's way is where you put the wand. The dirty hand goes to the wand helping the illusion.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Is that in that benson book pete?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's in EVERY version of the Benson Bowl routine in print.

Look at the version in Classic Secrets of Magic.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Isn't that the finger palm?
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
I feel really stupid but I just don't see it. I know that standard put, but when he pulls his fingers back his three other fingers are extended towards the camera leaving no way in my mind for him to be finger palming the balls. He places the ball into the hand with his first finger and thumb only with the othes extended. The very first put that he does is the one that is getting me. I appreciate the responses!

Thannks,
-Buddy
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Iv never seent he routine =D but I do have that book on my to get list , that's why I was wondering
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I wish Werner Seitz was still around. He was a regular here on the Café. You could have asked him personally.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1583 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Buddy, trickshop sell the Benson bowl routine $5 as a download, and explains the 3 fingers, I recommend for you to get it, it has a lot of pictures and very good explanations.
Pablo
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Pabloinus... It is really funny you mention that. I actually just found that manuscript and was thinking of getting it. The price is great but I wasnt sure if it covered this put. Thanks for the advice!

Dave... Was Mr. Seitz the performer in that video? I thought it looked like him but was not sure. It was a shame when he passed. He was such a help to us younger guys on the Café. He was always willing to help when he could.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes that was him. I talked to him on the phone in Copenhagen a few years ago. Very nice man. He is missed.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Werner is SADLY MISSED... he was very knowledgable and was always willing to help. Smile

The Benson routine was also in the Phoenix. That move, believe me, is so easy to do. It is the hand moving up to the wand that makes it look so good.

Don't worry about details, what finger, etc.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Werner was a champ. He really was. He knew LOADS about magic.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Help Identify Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL