The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Drag S.W.E shift idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
After reading what vandy in regards to the deck not being perfectly in front of you after someone cuts, I decided to post a video of an idea a had not too long ago. its pretty much the S.W.E shift done on the table. I like it because I can drag the deck over to me after someone cuts and the moves seem to blend in well.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LxQarCU35jc
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
684 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
I like it. If you had on one of those crazy poker shirts like Johnny Chan, it would totally be camouflaged.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Excellent work excellent. I haven't seen many S.W.E. shifts but this at the moment is the best looking one I've seen. I'm glad it's now in my archives.

Thanks for posting it.

Your Friend

Doc
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
I am a HUGE fan of the SWE shift- this is one for the archives. Great clip!
be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Oh man, I like that. That's great papermechanic. I'm glad people are playing around with that idea I mentioned. Papermechanic,you are doing better with it than I am. When you put everything off to the side it really changes things dosen't it? Good thinking using a modified SWE like that. Thanks for the video.

Man, you guys are all so good. I'm glad we have our litle gambling spot. Seems like everyday I see something that knocks my eye out. I could go to every magic club meeting in this state, ask every single person I ever played cards with, look high and low and I probably wouldn't find one person who thinks about using something like an SWE shift, in that kind of context. But I can come to the gambling spot and see the videos and read the ideas you guys share.

It warms my heart.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Raw, jeff, doc, and vandy thanks for the kind comments I appreciate it very much.
rhucko1
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
125 Posts

Profile of rhucko1
Awesome! Great idea papermechanic.

Thanks,
Rich
"Card experts agree that the colour change, or transformation, is one of the most magical effects possible with a pack of cards."
- Dai Vernon's Tribute to Nate Leipzig by Lewis Ganson & Dai Vernon
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
The only thing I noticed was that the brief looks a little big, but the Shift itself was practically invisible, so no one can really hold that against you. This looks amazing. Now I'm off to start working on the SWE Shift. I'm feeling inspired.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Was the video removed?
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
It was. It worked fine earlier. That's too bad. Hopefully we'll get another one soon.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2007-07-23 22:03, Nordatrax wrote:
Was the video removed?

I can't blame him for taking it down. 185 people looked and saw but only 6 complimented him at this forum. I may not be right in stating this but this could be one of the main reasons.

Jeremy you're right only 5 mins of fame and you're now a has been.

Take Care

Doc
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
I don't blame him at all either for keeping this to himself. Minimize the jog (as Jeff Corn said) and he's got a reputation maker.
be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Drag S.W.E shift idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL