The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » There Is No Sawdust In These Veins. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Ok, so it’s going to be up to the newbie to handle this… so be it.

I don’t know too much, clearly not as much as some of you oldsters, but I know a bally when I see it, and I can tell when the tip is building…

I can also tell you when to turn the tip…

Brett,

Here is my $20 to your paypal account for the WHOLE UNABBRIDGED Story. I’ll Keep it close, respect your Copyright and enjoy it regularly... as long as you don't go making it a givie afterwards.

It’s as close as Ill get to Sawdust in my veins at my age… A first hand account, from an aspiring artist who can write too.

It’s clearly what is necessary to have the story and have it now…

Full story, no holding out, send me an email with the final word count and your paypal address, (steve(AT)Gemeny(dot)com )and we’ll call it a sealed deal.

Now the rest of you can act like lemmings… get in line...
(‘cus he ain’t posting it once he’s turned the tip…) ;>)

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Steve,

Brett was only out for a week.I was out for two years.I have LOTS of $20.00 stories.

Thanks,
Don
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Buy two and Don might even throw in a swiss warbler.
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Don ain't doing no bally here... Don't see no tip...

Might buy one of Don's CDs though... seems to have worked out well for Brett... He's using what he learned.

Brett, you did learn this method from Don's CD, right?

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I was out for 3 weeks Don! Jeeze!

Okay guys,
The rest of the story really is on it's way, no use trying to pay for it. You will all get the same info at the same time.

Let me finish the whole thing first!

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Holly Crap, Brett... And here I was thinking what a great pitch you were doing.

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
He is (trying to)
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
Brett, it was three weeks that will last a life time and sooner or later you'll be glad you did it, otherwise you would have always wondered "What if". Don't let it keep you from taking a chance in the future, bad experiences make the man as well as the good ones. Keep it up, you'll find your way and it will be your way.
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Oh...THREE WEEKS with Ward and Chris...Now I understand.No wonder you're so depressed.

Don
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
It's enough to make one change species.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
So THAT'S who you use for a live model, Doug?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
I now see it's been close to 3 weeks since young Brett has returned from WOW....must be a good story to take longer than he was actually with ward and chris to write it!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
There is a moral to this story..."Get a life." I did and now I don't care what happened to Brett...in fact I refuse to read it when it is posted. Not only that but...
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 12:08, Freak Prodigy wrote:
It's coming!

Hold your horses!

Okay, I'm holding a miniature horse. And I've got a two-headed pig on a leash (well, two leashes).

So get out of the leaky trailer and tell us more!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 12:13, Doug Higley wrote:
There is a moral to this story..."Get a life." I did and now I don't care what happened to Brett...in fact I refuse to read it when it is posted. Not only that but...

Geee Doug . . you've already heard the whole story, what about the rest of us. Don't we deserve a few crumbs, maybe a smidgen Smile
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Oh...oops...I thought you forgot.
erichall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
69 Posts

Profile of erichall
Gooble gobble
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
The power of a poorly written cliff hanger is amazing! Man, on, man...fine! here is the next installment.

Quote:
...where was everone? Why wasn't Ward or Chris answering their phones and how come none of the carnys knew where the sideshow was setting up at?

As I was standing there, sweating behind the Crazy Mouse ride, with a bright blue suit draped over one arm, a large hat box in the other hand and two luggage cases by my side, I began to walk.

I walked all over that d*mn lot with all of my stuff, looking, sweating, worrying and calling Ward and Chris. Finally I circle the entire fair without seeing them and Chris calls me back.

"Where are ya?! Did ja git here O.K.?"

"Hey, Chris, I got here fine but I can't find the f*cking spot!"

"Well, where tha hell areya kid? I'll pick ya up"

"I'm in the middle of the fair, the stadium is behind me and the Crazy Mouse is in front of me."

"Ahhhgggg, yer gonna laugh your a** off when ya find out where we've bin! I'll be there in two minutes."

"Okay, see ya"

Ten minutes later, I get a call. It was Chris.

"Sorry kid, Ward was askin' all kind of f*u*kin questions, and tha pygmy sh*t."

"Oh, alright then, do you know how much longer you'll be?"

"Ugghh, I'll be there in like two minutes. K K?"

"See ya then."

Two minutes later Chris comes driving up with a crazy grin on his face, I put my things in the back seat, and hopped in.

I'm not so sure of how to express what went on next, but as we drove off, Chris started talking, and I couldn't understand a thing the man said!

I've been talking to Ward and Chris over the phone for at least three years by this point and have never had trouble understanding Chris, but talking to him face to face was insane, all I heard was "Uhhggg,ahhh, yeah, ugg" just grumbles. I finally began to understand him as we pulled up to the tent, he was telling me how funny I would think the the situation was.

Turned out that the tent was right across from the Crazy Mouse ride. I laughed,but I didn't think it was funny. Then Chris began to laugh, which was a little off putting since he is built and just so happens to move like a giant robot, and his laugh does not match him at all.

I unloaded the car and put my things under the tent as requested by Chris. I then met one of my hero's, a man that I've looked up to ever since I got into the business, I met Ward Hall.

"Well, Hello there Mr. Loudermilk, you're going to have to change those clothes, you wouldn't want to ruin those nice new looking ones. You llok like a fine young man, now go find Jimmy Long."

I said hello, shook his hand and thought to myself "I'm going to have a great time."

I changed clothes and then found Jimmy.

Now, there is no way of describing Jimmy in words, other than he is like a broad, hillbilly yoda with a really bad attitude, and a language all his own. There for he won't be appearing in my story very much, because you can't write the words he uses, it's that difficult to understand him.

However Jimmy did say, "Go where tha work is!"

More later.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Brett, do you intend to relate your 3 week experience in 10 minute vignettes?

If so, we may be here some time.

Reading of your experience with interest,

Corona.
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
I'm waiting to hear what was so bad I guess...

So far it seems like the typical issues with a typical gig...

Hopefully this gets juicy!

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » There Is No Sawdust In These Veins. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL