The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » There Is No Sawdust In These Veins. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
Perhaps someday young brett or older Don or Doug would share the full story with this recovering circus kid about what really happened...until then I'll see y'all down the road!

~AC
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Don...you keep saying here and there you're 'with it'...like there might be a question? Better tell me as I'm about to write your story and print it!

"Once upon a time, a long time ago and many years before...a little boy traded the neighbor lady a Bridge for a sack of magic beans...his name was Donald. Now it wasn't the Brooklyn Bridge. No. It was the lady's own bridge that Donald had found in her front yard while burying his Parakeet in a match box. From that simple transaction a career was born. Realizing if he could sell a person their own teeth back...well there ya go and he was 'with it' from that day forward. Jumping ahead a few years, Donald, now known as 'Don' spends his days walking the sidewalks of whatever town he happerned to light in. Sometimes at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken on the sidewalk next to the Drive-Up window, for a dollar, he will tell you the magic words..."I'm with it it" he says...and the people say 'oooh' but really don't understand the great wisdom they have just been offered...Don doesn't care, he has the dollar...besides he's always busy looking on the ground for some lost teeth."

There. It's published. Did I get it right? Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Doug...I have no idea what that was.Are you smoking those funny cigarettes again ?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Wow...short term memory huh? That's OK...your legend lives on. Just proof that you can write someone elses story...might not be right but it can be done. haha.

Here's one for my story...No funny cigarettes. Just Marlboro Menthol...that count?
:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
I think what I may have said either sounded off or out of context, from the impression it made by the other posts that followed. For that I apologize.

It was more supposition than truly "writing a story". Sorry if it came across differently.

It was merely the impression that I got after having a very similar experience when I was 17, and posted it in a "creative" way (and truly didn't mean to come off as tasteless, I guess it was more like sarcasm gone amuck? - I didn't insult anyone in it, or mean to if it seemed that way).

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
That's okay. Don't worry about it.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL