We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Broom Thru Body Peter Loughran » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2548 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I love performing bottle thru bottle for walkaround I even do it at my kid shows & it plays big ! I just checked out this New illusion Broom Thru body demo video at http://www.Hocus-pocus.com looks awesome I may have to put this on my buy list Nice work peter .
Tophatter.
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
The broom looks like a toy and method is so obvious.May be its good for a clown,comedy magician or maybe in children magic even if I suspect that the kids will scream the method since its so obvious.For me it does not look like magic.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Me either
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Risetti
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Risetti
Junk
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Same here...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I guess this little illusion is another case of horses for courses! Lucky for us that any individual magic trick/illusion is not for everyone or we'd all be doing the same ten tricks! I've noticed that when a magician does a particularly good version of a trick on a TV show it tends to become the flavor of the month and sells a ton! I remember the old “Needle thru Balloon” almost 40 years ago! Until Henning performed it on National TV it simply gathered dust on the shelves of the magic store! You can name a hundred tricks that had the same fate.

I checked out the demo and thought the method was no more obvious than say Hobson’s chain thru body (“Great Chain Escape?”), or the various rope thru body tricks (Sheets "Hang em High" or Fantisio's brilliant almost impromptu version) or even Knight’s great “Light-tration”. When all is said and done the workings are fairly obvious on all of those illusions (especially to a magician).

While I can’t tell for sure from the demo, I imagine that this illusion could be worked in fairly small venues (clubs, pubs, and parlors!) with the audience fairly close. I especially see the pulling the broom up from between the legs as being ripe for risqué comedy in a comedy club. The hand off the tip as it sticks out of the back/front (where ever) segment is especially strong (something none of the other “pull thru body” tricks does).

Is it for everyone? Nope! Does it have a place with a specific performing persona and/or a specific performance venue? Yep absolutely. Should you buy it? Hey that’s up to you!

Me? I can see a place for it in one of my bar acts. It will play rude, risqué, and edgy. But I’ll have to see the prop in my hands, work with it (practice and rehearse), before I could make any real judgment as to weather it truely works for me.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2680 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Well, 1908 and Hogle never really have anything good to say about any of my products, take a look at past threads, they generally bash me in every thread, so I take their comments with a grain of salt. Some magicians are so caddy. Its amazing in an industry where we should support each other, often some magicians seem to be so malicious with each other. You can still say you don't like an effect without being caddy. Their comments don't bother me, I pretty much expect that from them. The other weird thing is 1908 recently asked me for free pair of mindshades for review, and I didn't send him a pair because I was low on stock, perhaps now he has a different motive with me.

The broom is made of wood, its not a toy, its called a lobby broom found everywhere such as in restaurants, hotels, street side, clean up crews, theatres, etc etc. Giving a performer the chance to take a familiar and innocent object and do something amazing with it. Also great for themed shows such as Halloween, and Harry Potter.

See this Thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......8&40

I fooled a lot of magicians with this effect, and I urge you to show the demo to laymen, I haven't had one laymen who saw the demo that didn't like it. Ofcourse Hogle and 1908 won't admit that a laymen will have enjoyed the effect anyway, so it could be a moot point(and I would love to see what these guys have invented lately).

But hey, there will be those who will see how entertaining this is, and those will be the ones who will add it to their show, the rest like hogle and 1908 won't. Case closed.

P.
Brand New: SPELLBINDER -The New Supernatural Stage Table
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
764 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
This product has yet to release.

Quote:
On 2007-07-21 13:33, Peter Loughran wrote:
The broom is made of wood, its not a toy,

That clears up the quality issue.

Quote:
On 2007-07-21 12:38, Harry Murphy wrote:
I’ll have to see the prop in my hands, work with it (practice and rehearse), before I could make any real judgment

Well said, Harry.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
john_rivav
View Profile
Regular user
Yauco, Puerto Rico
102 Posts

Profile of john_rivav
Hey..
your Broom Thru Body is very excellent and visual magic effect..!!! Congratulations!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2680 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Thanks John, You know I have never met you, but I love your Avatar! Smile
Brand New: SPELLBINDER -The New Supernatural Stage Table
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Peter,
I absolutely loved the video demo and I think the effect is GREAT!...I used other words in our personal phone call Smile
Great thinking and I am aware of the full workings which once you ACTUALLY KNOW how it works...it is NOT obvious. It is mechanically brilliant.

Good luck with the sales Peter!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1500 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I think it looks totally awesome and do not think any layperson would have any idea on how this was done. Keep coming out with incredible effects Peter.
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I saw the demo...I like it.
The broom is mini broom I guest.

CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Peter, there was some great stuff in your arsenal...

It should be pointed out that I see a product demo video for us to evaluate. I don't see any lighting tricks etc etc etc.

The hand off the broom rocks....

Peter's Iron Garrotte is a great bit of business....

It strikes me as odd that the bashers are guys I have never heard off that probably do little. Just my thoughts.
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2007-07-21 13:33, Peter Loughran wrote:
Well, 1908 and Hogle never really have anything good to say about any of my products, take a look at past threads, they generally bash me in every thread,

???

Bless you!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Brilliant! I'm quite sure I'll be putting an order in for this one. VERY, VERY FUNNY! this is a comedic effect that is a sure-fire winner! I'm interested to know more about angles, best performing situations, etc. Peter, without giving anything away, can you let us know what kind of performing situations this would be suitable for?
Is there a matching appearing broom? That might be cool, to switch brooms and have two effects.....
Peter Loughran comes up with some great comedy items. Rainmaker is lots of fun, but this one really looks cool!
And actually, pretty *** magical from the vid I saw!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Broom Thru Body Peter Loughran » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL