The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Alluding to the final loads during the Cups & Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
They run much slower while they are laying eggs though. It's always best to sneak up behind them and yell. That way, they get scared and lay the eggs fast.
Don't buy that garbage about them kicking you. In all the times I've suggested to strangers that they do stuff like that never once have they found me afterwards.

If you use big cups the ostrich is a great final load.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1463 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Why do my posts always go off in some daft direction?

There is a TV show here in the UK called "The Weakest Link", it a quiz show where people have to answer general knowledge questions. A while ago one of the contestants was asked, "What speed does a charging elephant run at? Is it 20 mph, 40 mph or 120 mph?"
The contestant said the answer was 120 mph. We had this on at work during our break and the whole place fell about laughing. Everyone thought we should forget about horse racing and use elephants. How would the jockeys stay on? Can you imagine The Derby or The Grand National?
How good would it all be?

See, I'm doing it now and it's all thanks to Bill Palmer!
"But there isn't a door"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 15:58, Tom Fenton wrote:

Some people are just gifted. BTW, I think Anne Robinson is hot. She seems to be like Marian the librarian, but smoldering under the surface.

She has a very wry sense of humor.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 15:58, Tom Fenton wrote:

There is a TV show here in the UK called "The Weakest Link", it a quiz show where people have to answer general knowledge questions. A while ago one of the contestants was asked, "What speed does a charging elephant run at? Is it 20 mph, 40 mph or 120 mph?"
The contestant said the answer was 120 mph. We had this on at work during our break and the whole place fell about laughing. Everyone thought we should forget about horse racing and use elephants. How would the jockeys stay on? Can you imagine The Derby or The Grand National?
How good would it all be?

See, I'm doing it now and it's all thanks to Bill Palmer!

Like the two guys walking in the woods, when all of a sudden a huge grizzly appears and starts chasing them. One guy stops and gets a set of trainers from his rucksack and puts them on. His friend says "Are you crazy, we're never gonna outrun that Grizzly". The other guy has his trainers on, starts running - and shouts back at his pal "I don't need to run faster than the Grizzly, I just need to run faster than you".

(Ba-boom kshhhh)
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Two female ostriches out on the Sahara... one spots a dustcloud off in the distance... it is moving toward them.

One ostrich says, "We better get out of here, I think it's those two guys that were chasing us before."

The start running as fast as they can (about 60mph) but the males are closing in on them...

The two females stop suddenly, BURY THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND...

Just then the two males catch up and stop just behind them.

One of the males turns to the other and says, "Where did they go?"

(This is one of my favorite all time jokes) Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
A man walks into a bar with an ostrich behind him. The bartender asks for his order, and the man says, "I'll have a beer," and turns to the ostrich saying, "What's yours?"

"I'll have a beer, too," says the ostrich.

The bartender pours the beers and says, "That's $2.80 please." The guy reaches into his pocket, pulls out exact change and pays.

Next day, man and ostrich arrive, order beers and the man again pulls exact change and pays. This becomes a routine until one night they enter again and the bartender asks, "The usual?"

"This time, make it a large Scotch..." says the man.
"Same for me," says the ostrich.
"That's $5.20," says the bartender.

Once again, the man pulls exact change out of his pocket and places it on the bar. The bartender is very curious: "Sir, how do you manage to always have the exact change?"

"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic, and I found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I just put my hand in my pocket, and the right amount of money will always be there."

"Brilliant!" says the bartender. "Most people would wish for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!

"That's right! Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there," says the man.

The bartender asks, "Another thing: what's with the ostrich?"

The man replies, "My second wish was for a chick with long legs."
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's the first clean version of that one I've heard!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Quote:
If you use big cups the ostrich is a great final load.

Good grief! What size cups do you use?

Genghis
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1463 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Oh No! We're going back on track.
"But there isn't a door"
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
An interesting excerpt re: Final Loads I've just come across in some research:

OUT OF MY PROFONDE
By ARTHUR LEROY

"Saturday after Saturday the tragical,
comical, magical parade went on.
Pop Krieger would drop in and tantalize
us all with his cups and balls.
One day he paralyzed the group by
finishing the routine by loading red
hot boiled potatoes under the cups.
They were so hot we couldn't pick
them up."

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
WOW!!!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Alluding to the final loads during the Cups & Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL