The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10..16..22..28..34..37~38~39 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
I know that Ban Harris' upcoming Enlightenmentis already a part of a topic here but I think he must have his own one!

Quote:
On 2007-07-21 19:15, Ben Harris wrote:
Hi Harv,

I learned my lesson. The earplug (used in Alida to float a card)was too way out for magicdom in general. Plus, the spectator could not look under or lift the card. That was the biggest fault - the spectator could not look at their whim.

One of my personal targets when creating Cosmosis: The Original Floating Match, way back in 1986, was that the spectator be able to "take the floating match out of the air."

Since that time, I've wanted to do the same thing with larger objects. Cards specifically - because I love card magic.

20 years later, the solution is at hand. The spectator may grab the floating card and look under it. They find nothing attached to the card. They find nothing under it. It's performable with most brands of playing card, is instantly repeatable and can be performed surrounded. If you're the kind of performer who is happy to leave home with a deck or two in his pockets, then you will be set to perform this new effect at any time. It is so practical it's scary.

Full info is now available at http://www.wowbound.com
video demo available at wowbound.com (as appearing in Volume 1 of Reel Magic Quarterly)

No earplugs with the new effect, promise.

Ben

and
Quote:
On 2007-07-21 21:18, Ben Harris wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest.

I will try and refrain from any more comments because this will not be out for a little while. We cannot release the method until all the legals are sorted.

Quite seriously, the Floating Card application is just the tip of the iceberg. This will revolutionize micro-levitation. I know that's bold and brassy to say, but I've looked for this for 20 years, as have others.

A major problem with non-thread levitation has been solved, practically. And, it's so simple and "just right" that people will wonder "how can THAT have taken 20 years?"

Well, it takes 20 years because you examine every possible avenue. Every angle. Over and over until little variations mutate into fully fledged ideas and you go off on a new direction. 20 years later you "see" something new - fully formed - in your head. It's the result of all of those years churning the possibilities over and over in the mind. And, it ends up being so simple, direct and "right" you kick yourself.

So, anyway, enough of my ramblings. I really sound "full of myself." I don't mean to, I just get excited!

If you register at http://www.wowbound.com we'll be sure to advise you of any updates and the release of the INFO pack in the near future.

Cheers

Ben

Please, visit his website and watch the first demo of Enlightenment!
Maybe something BIG is coming?
WALTHER
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
In the spectator's hands is fantastic...and when she picked it up herself, WOW!!!!
knickz4lyfe20
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of knickz4lyfe20
Since purchasing hole in the head, I don't know if I could ever buy a ben Harris product again
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes, but that demo looks feakin' amazing!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Indeed,it looks very good and the point that the spectator can grab the card out of his levitated status is great and one of the biggest selling points for this effect.
If it will be practical enough its gonna be a winner Smile
Looking forward for more info about the effect!
greetings from germany
Jerry
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yep, I signed on the list to hear the latest updates on this. I agree with all the posters here. Having the card levitate in the spectator's own hand is freaking powerful stuff.
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Yes, this one looks very, very promising! Can't wait for more info.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
We need this like we need a hole in our head Smile
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Whenever I try to register for the update I get a e-mail failure message,
i.e it does not reconise the address, !!!!
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi flekka,

Just send an email to ben@wowbound.com and I'll register you.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Ben,
Thank you , have done that,
john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ben,
It's beautiful! "So practical it's scary", you say? You have my attention.

Best,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Here we go again......
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
313 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Watching the demo is like watching real magic, just to good to be true. Cant wait
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Like hole in the head and all of the other bad stuff that is put out by ben Harris.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
What don't you like about it?
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
313 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
I don't have hole in the head and don't know how it works, but I heard a lot of bad things about it, nevetheless, people should always be given a 2nd chance=D
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Everyone should get a 2. chance.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Some people consider Mr. Harris to have had his share of 2nd and 3rd chances. I, however, am not one of them.

Especially with Hole in the Head. Even though I do not own it, I DO know what the fuss was about and believe me, what a bunch of bs all the complaining was.

It is some unique thinking, and given the nature of the effect, come on, what did you expect? Double undercuts?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm looking forward to this one.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10..16..22..28..34..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL