We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..21..25..29..33..37~38~39 [Next]
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Butt out,the question was'nt addressed at you .
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 13:37, cardbiker wrote:
Mr Harris will you be doing any special offers on this for people who have wasted money on some of your other products.

Given the tone of this, do you really feel that after reading it, Mr. Harris will be inclined to offer you any special considerations? Or is this simply your way of venting publicly?

(FTR, I'm not answering your question, just wondering about your motivation for this post).
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
Mr Harris will you be doing any special offers on this for people who have wasted money on some of your other products.

You could have PM'd Ben and started a dialog, Being annonymous, no photo and the tone, I don't think you even expect an answer.

But...let's take this an opportunity to learn something.

I have to say, at one point I made similar posts. I come from a family that breaks each others **lls and that carried over to the friends I've made doing standup comedy. You just blurt stuff out. But....when you do it to "strangers" and on the internet, it has a different tone.

One time, a good friend told me that he appreciated feedback, good or bad, but when I made remarks like "this stinks" etc. I was actually hurting magic as a whole. He was right and I have tried my best to be more positive.

Once I had bought something that I didn't care for. I wrote the creator and pointed out things that I didn't like, etc. Well, to my surprise, he was so receptive to my note that we started exchanging ideas, etc.

Anyway, I made a friend instead of hurting someone's spirit. And...I got so much more out of it than the one trick.

And in the last two years, I have found that things I didn't care for, someone else uses and kills with it. By sharing ideas, you may end up liking something you hated before.

In fact, sometimes an old post of mine comes up where I couldn't stand something, but I ended up changing the handling and it's a worker. Now I have to appologize to the creator, etc. for slamming it. If I had just written the creator and voiced my concerns, I would have made a friend and learned something.

I'm not saying we can't voice opinions. I'm all for spirited debate and honest feelings about products. But having a more civil tone makes everyone a winner.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
680 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 16:05, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:

You could have PM'd Ben and started a dialog, Being annonymous, no photo and the tone, I don't think you even expect an answer.

But...let's take this an opportunity to learn something.

I have to say, at one point I made similar posts. I come from a family that breaks each others **lls and that carried over to the friends I've made doing standup comedy. You just blurt stuff out. But....when you do it to "strangers" and on the internet, it has a different tone.

One time, a good friend told me that he appreciated feedback, good or bad, but when I made remarks like "this stinks" etc. I was actually hurting magic as a whole. He was right and I have tried my best to be more positive.

Once I had bought something that I didn't care for. I wrote the creator and pointed out things that I didn't like, etc. Well, to my surprise, he was so receptive to my note that we started exchanging ideas, etc.

Anyway, I made a friend instead of hurting someone's spirit. And...I got so much more out of it than the one trick.

And in the last two years, I have found that things I didn't care for, someone else uses and kills with it. By sharing ideas, you may end up liking something you hated before.

In fact, sometimes an old post of mine comes up where I couldn't stand something, but I ended up changing the handling and it's a worker. Now I have to appologize to the creator, etc. for slamming it. If I had just written the creator and voiced my concerns, I would have made a friend and learned something.

I'm not saying we can't voice opinions. I'm all for spirited debate and honest feelings about products. But having a more civil tone makes everyone a winner.

Perfectly put. For what it's worth...I have always contacted the creator directly when I felt unsatisfied with a purchase. Ben Harris, unlike some others I could mention , has always been extremely helpful and responsive to any concerns I have ever had with his products.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
OOPs! its 04/05/08 in Aussie now. I just missed the deadline!!
Will the custom installation be available frm dealer anymore?
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Just back to Aussie and can't believe I am so bad luck to miss the offer. Frm the description of the basic method (magnetic), it seems that shimmed card is needed and the signed (shimmed?)card can not give away. Is that true?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Looks brilliant... the final in-the-hands bit in the demo gave me chills. Just brilliant, this is definitely something I will consider. I liked Zoom and it looks like this will be a very strong effect.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1966 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2008-04-03 02:25, Ben Harris wrote:
The gimmick alone is only available in the Limited Edition Boxed set.

That's $79.95.

You get

--the gimmick
--Quick Start Manual (in four languages)
--100 Page Book: "Enlightenment:The Ultimate Floating Card"
--12 month warranty.

Ben

Ben, since it has a 12 month warranty, does this mean it could eventually over time or many performances, not work?

Thanks, Tom
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 14:05, cardbiker wrote:

By posting this ridiculous question in a public forum you lost the right to tell anyone to butt-out. It doesn't matter if you were talking "at" me or not. You asked a question trying to hurt someone. I gave you some free advice in response.

Learn a lesson and do things the proper way next time.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 20:35, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 14:05, cardbiker wrote:

By posting this ridiculous question in a public forum you lost the right to tell anyone to butt-out. It doesn't matter if you were talking "at" me or not. You asked a question trying to hurt someone. I gave you some free advice in response.

Learn a lesson and do things the proper way next time.

EXACTLY!

Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Wise Owl,

No shimmed cards. Any card, let them keep it as a souvenir. Even Dollar Notes!

Tom, it should not break ever unless it is miss-treated.

The gimmick is very sensitively balanced, but is strong. We've spent a zillion bucks and years getting this right. The warranty is supplied so that you will have confidence that this mechanism will keep on going day in day out.

We've tested it mechanically to 10,000 performances.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Madmonk
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Madmonk
Intriguing.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2440 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
A paradigm shifter drives an aluminium & plastic gizmo to levitate an ordinary card or bill...or book. If it works, you deserve a tribute on Wikipedia...or the Nobel prize in physics!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
If you gimmick a deck for the floating card, can the gimmick later be easily removed, without damaging the prepared cards or the gimmick, to use in other effects?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What I was attracted most to this effect was how subtle it was. A card that zooms around your body over your head, through the woods to grandma's house, looks like a trick.

Enlightenment looks like what it would look like if you could do it.

wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Will the custom install deck (extra bonus) be available alone later and will it be available stand alone/in the limited edition frm other dealers (eg HP)??
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Believe Ben said it might not be ready for another year, just the preorders.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17177 Posts

Profile of joseph
Enlightenment is now on the Hocus-Pocus new item site... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
680 Posts

Profile of oombob
Happy to order this from the Pocus....thanks for the notice.
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
My orders in, I can't wait!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..21..25..29..33..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL