We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..22..26..30..34..37~38~39 [Next]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2088 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I don't know if these questions were answered and I missed them, but I would appreciate any help:

1. can the height of the card be increased with a stronger "drive"?
2. can a credit card (or bill) be floated in-hand (like the playing card) or must they be on a flat surface?

If the answers would be considered exposure, I would appreciate a PM. Thanks for any help in this matter.

Regards, Steve
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
I too would like to hear the answers to Steve's questions...
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I'd assume it could be done on a hand, because it can be done on a leg, and a leg is round.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Steve,

The answers are as follows: the height cannot be increased with the power of the "drive magnet" but the stronger the "drive magnet" the further away you can be. The gimmick is very sensitive and can be driven with a very small magnet.

Yes, you can use other flat objects. I have a seance presentation that uses photographs of dead movie stars, for example. Generally, you need a flat surface on which to perform. But there are exceptions...

The 100 page book that is included with the set details a FLOATING BILL application. You can float the bill off any flat surface, or the spectator's knee, if you are seated with them, of course!

Please PM any further questions. I feel we are almost about to cross the line.

The set is released in the first week of May. Please reserve with your dealer as soon as you can. The demand is huge and we will try to avoid any delays.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Ben - can you tell us if this is going to be carried by retailers in the UK (and if so, which ones!)?

Cheers,
David.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi David,

I believe Alakazam and World Magic Shop. The distribution is being handled by Murphy's, worldwide, but but the above shops mentioned to me that they were looking forward to carrying Enlightenment.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
If its not asking too much, do you think you can list the table of contents of the Enlightenment book?
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Can't wait. Order it frm HP already. But still hopes to buy the custom made card gimmick that I missed. Any idea when will it be available to the public, Ben?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Wise Owl,

Much later in the year.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Thanks for the reply Ben.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Chris, one of your best posts to date! It's nice to see positive personal growth, and you should be commended for recognizing it and publicly acknowledging it.

All the *BEST*!

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2008-04-04 16:05, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 13:37, cardbiker wrote:
Mr Harris will you be doing any special offers on this for people who have wasted money on some of your other products.

You could have PM'd Ben and started a dialog, Being annonymous, no photo and the tone, I don't think you even expect an answer.

But...let's take this an opportunity to learn something.

I have to say, at one point I made similar posts. I come from a family that breaks each others **lls and that carried over to the friends I've made doing standup comedy. You just blurt stuff out. But....when you do it to "strangers" and on the internet, it has a different tone.

One time, a good friend told me that he appreciated feedback, good or bad, but when I made remarks like "this stinks" etc. I was actually hurting magic as a whole. He was right and I have tried my best to be more positive.

Once I had bought something that I didn't care for. I wrote the creator and pointed out things that I didn't like, etc. Well, to my surprise, he was so receptive to my note that we started exchanging ideas, etc.

Anyway, I made a friend instead of hurting someone's spirit. And...I got so much more out of it than the one trick.

And in the last two years, I have found that things I didn't care for, someone else uses and kills with it. By sharing ideas, you may end up liking something you hated before.

In fact, sometimes an old post of mine comes up where I couldn't stand something, but I ended up changing the handling and it's a worker. Now I have to appologize to the creator, etc. for slamming it. If I had just written the creator and voiced my concerns, I would have made a friend and learned something.

I'm not saying we can't voice opinions. I'm all for spirited debate and honest feelings about products. But having a more civil tone makes everyone a winner.
ferrissteve
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ferrissteve
Would rare neonydium (spelling??) earth magnets work for this effect? I have seen several available on ebay with varying degrees of strength. or is the "paradigm shifter" as its called the ideal strength and size of magnet for this effect?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
This looks VERY Cool .. I just ordered it from Hocus-Pocus.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Ferris Steve

Yes, any of these magnets bigger than 10mm X 10mm X 15mm will work.
The Paradigm Shifter is a Rubber Coated for comfort. Just a nice touch. Makes the magnet less harsh to handle.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Will,

Here's a listing of the contents of the TWO supplied books as per your request.

Book One: Quick Start Manual

This is 40 pages and is standard (boxed with gimmick).
It is in four languages (English, French, Japanese and Spanish).
This booklet is designed to get you up and running (quickly) with the gimmick.

Contents:

Introduction
Photographs
The Gimmick
How To Practice With The Gimmick
Hiding The Drive Magnet
Warranty Information

Book Two:

Enlightenment: The Ultimate Floating Card. (100 pages with photos)

This book is not written like a regular "magic book" rather it is in a conversation style that explores the use of magnets in magic and superimposes the new work over this.

You are then taught the details of the Floating Card Application. This entails installing the gimmick (if desired), handling, performing, etc.

Contents:

Prologue
Magnets in Magic
Developing The Enlightenment Engine
Dropping Copper
The Floating Card Application
Quick Start Easy Install
Professional Stealth Install
Performing The Floating Card Illusion
Bonus: Floating Dollar Bill Off a Spectator's Knee
Appendix
Endnotes

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
This looks beautiful and I love the trailer, it is raw, compelling and direct..

This is top of my list.. actually it's the only thing on my list..

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2441 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Dear Ben, in the coming days or weeks, would you tell us a bit more about "dropping copper" ? Thanks!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I just ordered Enlightenment and the Paradigm Shifter from Hocus Pocus. But, I'm still a bit confused. Since I did not preorder, I will have to make the deck gaff myself, correct? Is this a fairly simple thing to do?

Robert
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Deck gaff were only through Ben for now on orders to him in Blue bikes.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm totally confused and ordered anyway.
Thus the power of Ben Harris.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..22..26..30..34..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL